PDA

View Full Version : Who uses dog backpacks for their dog(s)?

dreamparkingspace
02-21-2009, 09:44 AM
I use the "approach pack" by the Ruffwear company. I've found it superior to the smartpack that is sold at some pet stores like Pet Supplies Plus and PetSmart and that is often used by Cesar Millan. The Ruffwear backpacks are on sale 15% off today (Saturday February 21st) at sitstay.com. Go to the "100 days special, day 68." The backpack works real well for Shawnee, and she doesn't mind wearing it. I put a 2 lb. dumbbell in each side pocket :D.

Just thought I'd share that with everyone. Who else uses a backpack for one of their pooches? If you do use one, what do you put in the pockets?

lute
02-21-2009, 09:55 AM
I use backpacks sometimes on the dogs when we're hiking. I put two liter bottles in the pockets and fill them with water. The amount of water is how much weight the dog can carry.

Seravieve
02-21-2009, 10:48 AM
We use a backpack on Bunny when we go on walks. She carries two canned goods on each side (Spaghetti O's and Green Beans...). After 30 min of walking around the neighborhood, she is a pooped pup.

Cinder & Smoke
02-21-2009, 11:41 AM
She carries two canned goods on each side (Spaghetti O's and Green Beans...).
After 30 min of walking around the neighborhood, she is a pooped pup.

And probably wishing she had THUMBS to operate the can opener!

;)

Seravieve
02-21-2009, 12:40 PM
And probably wishing she had THUMBS to operate the can opener!

;)

Lol! True... True...

MonicanHonda
02-22-2009, 08:38 PM
If Remy keeps on the way she is going, we're going to buy her one. Lol She's hyper :)

wolf_Q
02-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Nebo and Keva have backpacks. Skya doesn't have one yet, I have to see how big she will get first. They are by Outward Hound. I don't use them for regular walks, just longer hikes. They carry water bottles in each side. I also keep a pet first aid kit on one and dog booties in each of them.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/Timpanogos%20July%202008/timp102.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/Timpanogos%20July%202008/timp04.jpg

cali
02-22-2009, 10:39 PM
I have one I use for hiking, its a wolfpack. either, Misty, Electra or Happy carries it. usually Electra as she is not exactly crazy on hikes, she runs and such, but Happy and Misty always find the deep woods to dive into, and throw themselves into every creek and puddle they find lol