PDA

View Full Version : a small vent about photobucket....

carole
02-20-2009, 07:32 PM
I was on photobucket looking up easter blinkies, i am a big blinkie fan, as you can all probably tell lol, and i was a bit put off at some of them, they had two pictures of dogs with dead rabbits in their mouth, saying Happy Easter, don't know about you , but i think that is in bad taste, i guess it appeals to some, certainly not me.

What do you think?

Laura's Babies
02-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Poor taste for Easter holiday seeings how that is a holiday for KIDS! :eek:

blue
02-20-2009, 08:50 PM

How is it a holiday for KIDS?

Easter, the principal festival of the Christian church year, celebrates the Resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after his Crucifixion. The origins of Easter date to the beginnings of Christianity, and it is probably the oldest Christian observance after the Sabbath (observed on Saturday). Later, the Sabbath subsequently came to be regarded as the weekly celebration of the Resurrection.

Freedom
02-20-2009, 08:53 PM

Um . . . No , it is not. It is a High Holy Day.

I didn't see them, but they sure are in poor taste.

carole
02-20-2009, 09:01 PM
I guess Easter's meaning is whatever you want it to be, whether it be religious or for children, a person's choice, anyhow i just thought it all in bad taste myself.

AllAmericanPUP
02-20-2009, 09:12 PM
yes that is in very bad taste

Easter may be a holy holiday to those that are religous but to the rest of us it's a holiday for the kids

blue
02-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Im sure most of you have figured out that I find much Funnay in poor taste humor.

Medusa
02-20-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd like to take it one step further (or back, in this case), if I may:

Quote:

Easter, a Christian festival, embodies many pre-Christian traditions. The origin of its name is unknown. Scholars, however, accepting the derivation proposed by the 8th-century English scholar St. Bede, believe it probably comes from Eastre, the Anglo-Saxon name of a Teutonic goddess of spring and fertility, to whom was dedicated a month corresponding to April. Her festival was celebrated on the day of the vernal equinox; traditions associated with the festival survive in the Easter rabbit, a symbol of fertility, and in colored easter eggs, originally painted with bright colors to represent the sunlight of spring, and used in Easter-egg rolling contests or given as gifts.

The Christian festival of Easter probably embodies a number of converging traditions; most scholars emphasize the original relation of Easter to the Jewish festival of Passover, or Pesach, from which is derived Pasch, another name for Easter. The early Christians, many of whom were of Jewish origin, were brought up in the Hebrew tradition and regarded Easter as a new feature of the Passover festival, a commemoration of the advent of the Messiah as foretold by the prophets.

An article from Funk & Wagnalls® New Encyclopedia. © 2005 World Almanac Education Group, A WRC Media Company

kokopup
02-21-2009, 08:25 AM
I was raised in a Christian home and both Christmas and Easter were
celebrated as Christian holidays. To say that either is not for kids is
absurd. I have very fond memories of both holidays as a time for children.
I remember my first easter egg hunt at 4 that was sponsored by the church. Both are holidays but are also for kids. -------The photos were in bad taste.

pomtzu
02-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I agree that it is not a holiday for kids - however - it can be enjoyed by kids.

If memory serves me correctly - Jesus Christ was here long before the Easter Bunny! :)

Pam
02-21-2009, 11:13 AM
I agree that it is not a holiday for kids - however - it can be enjoyed by kids.

If memory serves me correctly - Jesus Christ was here long before the Easter Bunny! :)

Agreed. Don't even get me started as this is not the Dog House. I have a great problem with throwing Santa Claus into Christmas and the Easter bunny into Easter.

CathyBogart
02-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Actually, Oestre was a pagan celebration long before it was adopted by Christians, and the rabbit was a sign of fertility then. :) So the Easter bunny has, in a way, been around longer. :)

Marigold2
02-21-2009, 11:36 AM
At our house Easter means coloring eggs, lots of chocolate, egg hunt and a wonderful meal that night with a movie, as we snack on our easter baskets.

Marigold2
02-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Sadly by beautiful Snowy the Cadbury bunny is gone, but Easter Benny loves his holiday and delights in showing off for the kids and those that are kids at heart.
Agreed. Don't even get me started as this is not the Dog House. I have a great problem with throwing Santa Claus into Christmas and the Easter bunny into Easter.

<http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r286/Marigold2/Cadburybunny010.jpg

Medusa
02-21-2009, 01:27 PM

Well, actually, read what I posted above. :)

carole
02-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Guys i did not start the thread with the intention of it becoming a heated debate over Easter, it is about what I consider in bad taste on photobucket.

Easter is what it is,we all can believe what we want, no-one is right or wrong in my opinion.

So do you think it is in bad taste,? to me it was not so much about it being Easter, it could have said Happy Birthday, Merry Xmas, it was about displaying a dog carrying a dead bunny in its mouth,and then putting Happy anything underneath it.:(

blue
02-21-2009, 10:27 PM
If a dog with a bunny head in its mouth is the worst thing youve seen on photobucket, count yourself lucky.

Taz_Zoee
02-21-2009, 11:33 PM
I do find it in bad taste with it saying Happy Easter on it. Because if someone is searching for Easter related things they are most likely not expecting to see something like that. Maybe if they were searching hunting or something, but not Easter.

carole
02-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Yes Blue i have seen much worse on photobucket, and i am 51 yrs old, have seen probably a bit more than you in my years lol.

It is because i am an animal lover , that i find it sad to see that, i love both dogs and rabbits, and yes dogs do hunt rabbits i know, but these are pics of pet rabbits, white ones, i just don't like it is all.:(

blue
02-21-2009, 11:53 PM
DO not search photobucket for "Easter Cancelled".

If you do and you laugh I can save you a seat on the bus to hell, Im pretty sure Im driving.