PDA

View Full Version : Fell down the steps (WARNING contains picture of my butt lol)

sparks19
02-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Yesterday I had a nasty spill down the cement steps out front of the house. We were heading out to hannah's Eye Dr appt and I hit the top step and my foot flew out from under me and I was airborne until I came crashing down on the step on my right butt cheek. Talk about pain... I even cried a little lol. thankfully I did not have hannah... she was already in the car. But Today I have a REALLY nasty sore bruise and an aching back, neck and ribs. I am OK though. Nothing is broken. here is a picture of the bruise ... pretty colors huh lol.

For your viewing pleasure I cropped the picture close so you see as little of my butt as possible lol.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/2nd%20set%20of%20pics/3rd%20set%20of%20pics/4th%20set%20of%20pics/bruise.jpg

caseysmom
02-19-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm at work so can't see your butt pic:D I hope your feeling better, are you sure you didn't crack a tail bone or anything?

Freedom
02-19-2009, 07:04 PM
With that title, you have GUARANTEED that lots of folks are going to open this thread! :D

Ouch, I can well imagine you ache all over. Take some Motrin or Advil for comfort, and feel better quickly. Oh, tell hubby he needs to remove that step. :p

Thank goodness you weren't holding Hannah! You really could have been hurt, trying to protect her.

Catty1
02-19-2009, 07:11 PM
OWWWW!

I had a huge one like that in 1991 after a car accident. Like you, nothing broken - but I swear 'soft tissue damage pain' is the worst, cause you can't put it in a cast!

I hope you feel better soon!

ETA: Did that put you a little 'behind' in your schedule? (sorry, couldn't resist! :p:D )

carole
02-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Aww honey i feel your pain,long time ago i fell from the top of the stairs to the landing, i had bruises like that from top to toe, i bruise really easily too, it sure gives you a fright more than anything, heal well and i hope you are not too sore, hey you are a brave girl posting a pic of your butt lol.:):love:

shepgirl
02-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Now that's what call a bruise - lucky you didn't damage your spine and also lucky Hannah was already in the car or things could have been so much worse. Hope you have a soft cushion to sit on.

jennielynn1970
02-19-2009, 07:59 PM
OW! That looks so painful!! I hope you are feeling some relief!

Hugs to you..

Sirrahsim
02-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Ouch!! That looks awful!!

OWWWW!
ETA: Did that put you a little 'behind' in your schedule? (sorry, couldn't resist! :p:D )

Thanks. Thanks a lot. I totally spit my water all over my computer desk when I read that:D:D LOL

sparks19
02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks everyone. Icing it helps with the discomfort quite a bit

I'm at work so can't see your butt pic:D I hope your feeling better, are you sure you didn't crack a tail bone or anything?

I'm sure. Luckily I somehow titled to the right and landed square on my right butt cheek. Brian was concerned that I might have cracked my pelvis or something but it's just a really bad bruise

OWWWW!

hardy har har. lol

:p

Laura's Babies
02-19-2009, 09:03 PM
OOOOWWWWIE! ((((HUGS))))) to you and gentle pats on your other cheek.

(I bruise easy too and know how bad they can hurt!)

K9karen
02-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Everyone is SO jealous of me, huh? Another *misstep* on PT! We could be twins! Your purple butt matches my foot when I broke it! Purple used to be my favorite color! :rolleyes:

Thankfully, Hannah wasn't in your arms! A fall like that happens so quickly there's no time to react. I'm so sorry! I hope you put ice on it immediately. Take a hot bath afterwards in epsom salt. I'd send you a kiss but then I'd be kissing your butt. So, I send you..:love:

Daisy and Delilah
02-19-2009, 10:41 PM
OUCH OUCH OUCH!!! Feel better!! That's a very nasty bruise.:(

DJFyrewolf36
02-19-2009, 10:56 PM
OUCH!! I feel your pain...Ive had quite a few bruses like that over the years. I got one in particular on my butt cheek from a paintball :rolleyes: I think that one hurt the absolute worst.

Nothing you can do but avoid touching it with ANYTHING *easier said than done lol*

*Gentle hugs* from me!

krazyaboutkatz
02-20-2009, 01:35 AM
It sure looks painful.:( I hope that you'll heal up quickly and feel better soon. I hurt my tail bone once and I was in pain for weeks.

Medusa
02-20-2009, 05:17 AM
I'll admit to scrolling past the pic because I can't bear to look at a bruise. Blood, I can take. Bruises, not so much. I do hope that you're feeling ok and I'm glad that nothing was seriously injured. Be careful, girl! It's a good thing you're so young. :love:

Cataholic
02-20-2009, 06:39 AM
OUCH! Tell DH to kiss it and make it feel all better, LOL!

Thank goodness Hannah wasn't in your arms...

joycenalex
02-20-2009, 07:48 AM
i'm sending you a PM

RipplingWaves55
02-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Thank you for saving me to have to look at you butt. :rolleyes::p

But really.. (no, that 'but' was NOT a pun..i promise!) so sorry. I hope you're okay!

BitsyNaceyDog
02-20-2009, 10:35 AM
OUCH! I'm glad you didn't get badly hurt. I hope you bottom fells better soon.

On a side note- How did Hannah do at the eye doctor? Those appointments are so hard on little kids. Nathan was born with ectopic pupils and needs to have his eyes checked every 6 months.

Husky_mom
02-20-2009, 11:04 AM
I think your cheek got a little too much blush.... hehe

those thing hurt so bad... I had one in my elbow for falling steps too... but a cheek.. man.. even if you´re sitting down they hurt... hope you heal fast and be painless soon....

cassiesmom
02-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Sparks, how are you today? Hope you're on the mend :)
Elyse

lvpets2002
02-20-2009, 12:37 PM
:eek: WoW that looks Ouchy Ouchy.. Hope your feeling better now.. Oh I have fallen & landed on my tail bone.. Boy Howdy that hurts too.. Now did you look around to see who saw you fall?? That is what I do..

sparks19
02-20-2009, 01:05 PM
lol thanks for all the well wishes.

I am feeling a bit better today so far... I always feel good early in the day because I was able to rest my poor butt over night but the more I use it during the day ( and that includes sitting on it lol) it starts to swell up and get sore. but I'm icing it and that helps.

hopefully with Brian home this weekend to chase Hannah I can just lay on the couch with an ice pack and rest like I should be.

I actually did look around to make sure no one saw lol. but everyone was still at work so no one was around.

Hannah did well at the eye Dr. It was just a really basic exam to see if they could see her exotropia (I think that's what it's called... when one eye drifts outwards) and see if it's gotten better or worse. the Dr said he didn't see it at all during this appt so hopefully that means it's going away. it still happens though when she gets tired and when she stares off into space. So she has to go for a check up in 6 months to check up on it. She didn't have to have her eyes dialated this time but next time we have to put the drops in and then head to the appt so they will be dialated when we get there. But she did really good. she only fussed a bit because she didn't want to be stuck on my lap anymore lol

BitsyNaceyDog
02-20-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm glad you're a little better today. Sometimes you (a general you, not you specifically) end up feeling worse the next day.

I'm glad Hannah did well at her appointment too. It's awesome that you can put the drops in before her next appointment so you don't have to wait around for them to dilate. I don't think that's an option for us, I wish it was. They do a couple tests before they dilate his eyes, then we wait, then they check his eyes again after they're dilated.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-20-2009, 08:06 PM
OUCH! That looks like it hurts! Hope it goes away soon!;)