PDA

View Full Version : Graduation Day - Would I be weird if..

CountryWolf07
02-19-2009, 12:58 AM
So, my point & shoot digital camera recently decided to start not functioning right, and I don't really care about having to go get it fixed, because I absolutely have no money. On the other hand, I have a Nikon D60, which is actually pretty small and easy to carry around. Now, would I be weird or crazy if I wanted to bring the D60 to my graduation day and have it with me, or just try to find a point & shoot camera to borrow for the day? Opinions?

Medusa
02-19-2009, 05:59 AM
I guess I'm a little dense because I don't understand what would be weird about it. Your graduation day is so special and important and if you want memories captured on film or however it's done, take whatever camera you have available and snap away. Who cares what people think? :)

Moesha
02-19-2009, 06:28 AM
My thoughts when purchasing the DSLR camera were, if I wouldn't take it with me to important events, why spend the money on it? Sure it's nice for landscaping or other kinds of specific photographic setups, but life is made up of memories. Why not use the best you have to capture those memories forever?

BitsyNaceyDog
02-19-2009, 06:39 AM
Are you walking across a stage? Carrying a big camera on stage with you may be a little weird (and I wouldn't leave it in my seat). Could you give it to you boyfriend to keep with him and he could give it to you after the ceremony? He'd be able to get pictures of you accepting your diploma too.

Laura's Babies
02-19-2009, 08:09 AM
I think the important thing is to GET PICTURES however you can of an important day. Do what you have to do!

Catlady711
02-19-2009, 08:53 AM
I am personally working my way through not 'feeling weird' while carrying my DSLR to places that people might not expect too. What I have discovered is that it bothers me FAR more than it seems to bother anyone else. So I have gotten so I take it more places than I used to and am getting so I feel a bit less 'weird' while doing it.

You only graduate once, take the big camera, have fun, and get pictures that will record your memories for a lifetime to make up for any 'feeling weird' you experienced while shooting them.;)

lvpets2002
02-19-2009, 12:57 PM
:) You take what ever camera any way you want too && start shooting away with pictures.. Its your Very Special Important Day.. You worked hard for this day.. You go go Girl

Husky_mom
02-19-2009, 03:57 PM
My thoughts when purchasing the DSLR camera were, if I wouldn't take it with me to important events, why spend the money on it? Sure it's nice for landscaping or other kinds of specific photographic setups, but life is made up of memories. Why not use the best you have to capture those memories forever?

I´m on the same boat... sure I´d love to get a smaller point and shoot for let´s say.. when water is involved... but most everywhere I rather have a bulky camera that takes better shots.... besides by now everyone knows I´m the one with a camera as a hand.. LOL...