PDA

View Full Version : Feeding

Sin
02-18-2009, 11:09 AM
I have a American Pit Bull, and she is 5 Month's,
I have been feeding her 3 cup two time's aday, is that to much???
The bag said 3 cups a feeding?
I need help on this one..
Thank You,
Sin's Mom.:love:

Seravieve
02-18-2009, 02:17 PM
3 cups sounds like a lot of food twice a day.. but it really depends on what food you're feeding. If its a food with lots of fillers, it will take more to give the dog their daily requirements. More food also = more poop.. so it might be worth checking out what's in the food you're feeding now, and if there's any room for improvement.

We've never feed that big of a serving in one meal though, so it does sound like a lot from my end.

Sin
02-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Natural Balance,
Sweet Potato and Venison,
She is a American Pit Bull
5 Month

lvpets2002
02-18-2009, 02:24 PM
:) Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pictures..

I for one have never feed in cups to my dogs or cats.. I fill all their bowls full each morning & let them eat what they want.. Now I do feed one can of wet food each per dog.. Also one small can each for each cat once every other day..

Sin
02-18-2009, 02:27 PM
hank You,
I have to feed, she two times a day, so she will go out and use the >>>>> outside:eek:
I work at home, so i can feed her anytime, but I like to keep it at the same time every day

lvpets2002
02-18-2009, 02:32 PM
:) I will bet your baby is a wittle Cutie Pie.. Is she Brown or Silver?? Any & All Pics of Her are Welcomed..

Sin
02-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I put some on there, I'm having a hard time doing it, but got about 4 to five there...I would like to have it on the home page, but I'll get there......:D

Seravieve
02-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Aww she's adorable.. I found the pictures on your profile.

Well I'd say feed her what the bag says, unless she's not finishing it all at once. If she doesnt finish, then I'd cut back.

I feed Nature's Recipe (Fish & Potato)... Eli gets 2 cups twice a day, Bunny gets 1.75 cups twice a day and Zeke gets 1.5 cups twice a day. Theyre all older than Sin though, as Eli is about 2.5 yrs, Bunny is about 5 yrs and Zeke is about 6 yrs. Even at 5 months though, we didnt feed Eli that much though.

I work from home too, and like to keep ours on a schedule. And of course, Zeke would eat until he blacked out... so we can't free-feed. Rescue dog mentality I guess.

AllAmericanPUP
02-18-2009, 04:29 PM
6 cups a day is alot of food for an APBT.....generally only great danes, mastiffs, wolfhounds,etc. eat that much..

My full grown dogs each eat 2 cups of food a day.

I would say the most a growing APBT puppy would need is maybe 3 cups

Sin
02-18-2009, 04:54 PM
:love:Yes, she walk's away from the food and I was feeding the food to her.. I dont want to do that any more... So I should give her 1 1/2 cups in the morning and 1 1/2 cups at night..

ramanth
02-18-2009, 05:27 PM
1 1/2 in the morning and evening sounds more resonable for her age and weight.

I have a 50 lb. Husky mix and she only eats 2 cups in the evening. I offer her food in the morning but she won't touch it.

Sin is so adorable!! :love:

Sin
02-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Thank You,
I will do that, 1 1/2 cups two times aday.. I very much thank you for your help...
I do love her so very much: love:

luvofallhorses
02-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah I think 1 and a half cups twice a day is good especially with the quality of food. :) Are you feeding her puppy food? She is beautiful. :love: I adore the American Pit Bull terriers. :D I hope to have one someday, rescued of course. :) btw welcome to pet talk! :)

Sin
02-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Natural Balance
Sweet Potato
and Venison
NO wet food and NO people food..
I will do that....

MonicanHonda
02-18-2009, 07:01 PM
I think it's supposed to be three cups a day. Split in two would be 1.5 cups. By I think you already got that by the posts above. :) Honda is sixty pounds and she gets the 1.5 twice a day of Nutro Senior/largebreed

Sin
02-18-2009, 07:05 PM
They are very happy baby's.....
Yes I got a lot of info, but very good info..
I will be feeding her 1 1/2 two times a day..
I think that this is real cool, I did not know that we, pets Lovers could
go and talk about and ask ? about things like this...
Thank You, Every one that was great..
Jennifer

KYS
02-19-2009, 10:10 PM
If after feeding her 1.5 cups 2 times a day, you notice she might be
getting to thin than add a little kibble till you find the right amount for her.:)

My Rock is now on Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Venison too.
He seems to be doing very well on it.