PDA

View Full Version : Pups n' driving??

slleipnir
09-20-2002, 08:15 PM
I know you prob don't want to hear me go on about this, so I'll only say a little, I just thought it was sweet ;] I went to pick my bro up at work, and dad said Zeke sits quietly in the seat, so I took him. And he snuggled right into my side! Then he tried to crawl on me, which doesn't work well when I'm driving, so I pushed him off and he was fine with just snuggling into me.

Do you think, seeing he was at the shelter for a month or more, that he's grateful for us taking him away? Like, would he know we "saved" him or whatever?..er..you know what I mean..Can't explain..lol. He's got such a great personality, and seems to love pleasing us (like any dog) but I was thinking he might be a little more snuggly cause he was used to the cage and now he has a doggy friend, a comfy bed, and a nice fenced in yard..? Not sure if dogs think that way?? Sorry for going on..I'm still a little excited I guess. Jo still gets tons of attention too, so she doesn't seem overly jealous..

Tina
09-20-2002, 08:20 PM
Ginger gets in my lap all the time when I drive. Sometimes I have to make her get in the seat beside me cause she tries to hang out the window and she's on my arms when I'm trying to drive.

I'm sure Zeke is happy you took him home though. And got him out of the shelter. I can understand how excited you are about him. He seems like a really special doggie!

Uabassoon
09-20-2002, 08:23 PM
I think that dogs know when you rescued them and they are thankful for it.

Dixie Belle
09-20-2002, 08:49 PM
I think dogs know it too. Mama Dog was a stray that wondered up to my parents house. I was the one that always took care of her, even though she was suppose to be my sister's dog. But she has that really loving, cuddly personality about her, as if she knows what would have happened if I hadn't taken her in. And Missie, she didn't even know she was a dog until she came here. Sure, she had a nice yard to live in, but she was alone and neglected. Her owners would forget to give her water, and in July in the south, that is not very good. When we went to get her, we didn't even see a house or any shelter for her. Here, she has the choice of two dog houses, or the porch. For water, we have a big metal bucket, a smaller plastic bucket, and a swimming pool (just a kiddie pool for the dogs to cool off in) for her to choose from. And the look of love she gives us. She knows that she has a real home now. I really believe that the dogs know.

turner
09-20-2002, 10:25 PM
I think he knows that you saved him and are going to give him a safe happy home. He probally loves you already!