PDA

View Full Version : missing PT members.....

carole
02-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I thought it might be interesting to see which members seem to have left PT or we do not hear from very often,or those you miss dearly,if anyone has any information on them to that would be nice to hear.

I really miss Ittybittykitty from australia,she was a lovely young woman who i used to Pm now and then, anyone know where she is at?

There was another lady from OZ too, i have forgotten her user name, i remember she commented once on our lovely cricket captain, how hot he was, i know she had dogs, little ones i think,alas my memory is failing me here.

So please post your PT members you miss and any information you have on them thanks.

Randi
02-16-2009, 03:29 PM
I miss Sirocco, Bisicat, MissMeow, C.C.'s mom, Lynnestankard, Delidog, Soledad and LBaker.

Alysser
02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
KittyCat's_delight(michelle) :( Zara too but she does update sometimes. Alicia(buttercup123) hasn't been around either but recently posted a thread.

lvpets2002
02-16-2009, 03:32 PM
:) WomBat is gone && We dont see Noah's Mom, Baileys Mom or Alley Cat's Mom or KittyKats Delight or Finns/Feathers on here much any more..

Alysser
02-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Also forgot to mention OggyFlute doesn't come around much anymore. Glacier too.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-16-2009, 03:45 PM
AlleyCat's Mom......... I sure hope she is okay :love:

Grace
02-16-2009, 03:49 PM
CrazyCatLady from Tennessee or Kentucky, can't remember which. Magoo's mom - wish we knew how he was doing.

Queen-Scoop-A-Lot: Jan, from Massachusetts.

K&L: Elissa from Arizona. She was having health problems last year - hope they have been resolved.

finn's mom
02-16-2009, 03:54 PM
I miss Aly, SamanthaPuppy, and OggyFlute. I'm sure there are a handful of others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Oh, yeah, and Maximus' mom (bigyummydog or bigyellowdog or something).

cassiesmom
02-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Critter Crazy.
BC Collie Kelly with her dog whose pictures always made me think of a red-headed child!
Wombat2U2004.

caseysmom
02-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Many that have been mentioned plus jadapit.

Laura's Babies
02-16-2009, 04:36 PM
CrazyCatLady from Tennessee or Kentucky, can't remember which. Magoo's mom - wish we knew how he was doing.

Queen-Scoop-A-Lot: Jan, from Massachusetts.

I miss Lisa and Jan. We stopped hearing from Lisa after she got the job at the shelter. Jan just faded away and we never hear anything from her either.. I hope both of them are alright..

Husky_mom
02-16-2009, 05:00 PM
some I remember when I first joined and some along the way (besides the ones already mentioned)

roxyluvsme13
swimma
cockerluva
bobs dad
this girl that had a BC Blaze

cyber sibes, anna, robilee, kfamr, jessika, ... you ladies havenīt posted in a while

Catty1
02-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Nicole has dropped out of sight too...hope she is ok...

Daisy and Delilah
02-16-2009, 07:29 PM
I've wondered about alot of people missing. I always think they might be on other boards. I hope you guys are all okay.

Does anybody know where Glacier(Tamara)is? I know someone else mentioned her. It's not like her to be gone so long.

Lobodeb
Christy
Jackie

There are too many for me to remember.:(

Karen
02-16-2009, 07:54 PM
It is always best to try emailing or PMing folks, and let them know you are missing them.

carole
02-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Thank you Randi, it was missmeow i was thinking of,i had not realized until these posts just how many of the people i used to know have left, i guess they have moved on in their lives to other things.

Still it is great that there are many of the original posters still here and lots of lovely newbies too.:)

cassiesmom
02-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Kalei
Mycavyangels

cassiesmom
02-17-2009, 03:05 PM
cyber sibes, anna, robilee, kfamr, jessika, ... you ladies havenīt posted in a while

Kim loves Cats too

Daisy and Delilah
02-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Kim loves Cats too

Where are you Kim? I hope you and the crew are well.

kimlovescats
02-17-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm sorry ... I've been lurking some but not posting! We are all fine, just been preoccupied with other things as of late! Thank you for "missing" me and I will try to get back on here again more often!

Hugs,
Kim

Taz_Zoee
02-17-2009, 09:36 PM
I miss DrKym. She posted a couple of times several months ago, but I miss her regular posting. I hope all is okay.

kuhio98
02-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I've wondered about alot of people missing. I always think they might be on other boards. I hope you guys are all okay.

Does anybody know where Glacier(Tamara)is? I know someone else mentioned her. It's not like her to be gone so long.

Lobodeb
Christy
Jackie

There are too many for me to remember.:(I keep up with Glacier and Tehya here: http://www.tehyathebabydog.blogspot.com/

Daisy and Delilah
02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks for checking in Kim. Take care!!:)

Thank you Lisa !!:)

Catty1
02-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Dr Kym accepted my invite on Facebook, so I know she is around. Her pic looks good!:)

Zippy
02-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Kalei

and her sister I think her username was husky15.I think she was on once a few months ago about her new puppy.
Wonder how they are doing?

K9karen
02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Tatsxxxx posts on ***OFTS, but not enough of other threads lately. I do keep in contact with her occassionally, but I miss her terribly. What a doll.

I often think of SamanthaPuppy too, and her son Aiden (?) Samantha's a beautiful dog. Hope she's OK.

I do know that some of the "originals" have lost pets which they didn't replace, and it's hard for them to enjoy posting.

The worse part is getting close to everyone, then they disappear. I love all the different personalities, humors, opinions and pets.

Mayor karen..who's been a PTer the longest? (other than you and Paul)

Nomilynn
02-19-2009, 12:29 AM
I miss Soledad, MissMeow and Lynnestankard and think of them often. I really miss Aly. She and I had been really close at one time and I miss her a lot!

Randi
02-19-2009, 05:48 AM
K9Karen, I believe that Bari_d and Freckles are the "oldest" Ptalkers, along with ZippyKat, who joined the day after them. :) Then Gio, Rachel, Pam and Dixieland Dancer shortly after.

beeniesmom
02-19-2009, 06:26 AM
I really miss:

Jadapit
PJ and Baileys Mom
Bigyummydog
newmomtoaveiled
kittycatsdelight
lobodeb (who actually posted some yesterday!)
gemini9961
luv4dogs
poofy
parnone
elizabethann
flamepony12
Anita Cholaine

and so many more I can't think of on the top of my head.....
Too many of you have become strangers! We miss you!

cassiesmom
02-19-2009, 10:04 AM
I tried e-mailing Queen Scoopalot, Kalei, Anita Cholaine through the e-mail link in their profiles. (I tested it on mine to see what happens :) ) I put a note in the guest book on Mycavyangels' home page.

k9krazee
02-19-2009, 10:07 AM
I often think of SamanthaPuppy too, and her son Aiden (?) Samantha's a beautiful dog. Hope she's OK.

I've been thinking of her a lot lately. I sent a PM a few months ago with no response. I bet Aiden's getting big!

MoonandBean
02-19-2009, 12:59 PM
I always like seeing posts from "Kater" and her beautiful dog Kirk. I know she's busy with vet school. I bet Amy is in touch with her :)

cassiesmom
02-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I miss Spiritwind and her beautiful collies, too

carole
02-19-2009, 02:38 PM
I cannot remember her exact name think it was luckies4me, or something along those lines, young lady with two young children.

Karen
02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I cannot remember her exact name think it was luckies4me, or something along those lines, young lady with two young children.

She just recently posted and updated us ...

It's here! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=150547)

catlover4ever
02-19-2009, 03:12 PM
I miss Lisa and Jan. We stopped hearing from Lisa after she got the job at the shelter. Jan just faded away and we never hear anything from her either.. I hope both of them are alright..

I keep in touch with Jan every now and then to send her updates and photos of her precious "Monkeys", Gracie and Gabriel.

She is doing well, but extrenely busy with rescues. The work she does is just amazing.

I miss CatCrazyLady, AlleyCat's Mom, Kim Loves Cats, K&L and Sirrahbed.

cassiesmom
02-20-2009, 08:57 AM
And Pawla, who lost her kitty to contaminated food right around the same time I lost my first fur-nephew Churchill for the same reason.

lvpets2002
02-20-2009, 09:08 AM
:) Yes remember Pawla had some serious medical problems there for a while.. I hope she is doing ok..
And Pawla, who lost her kitty to contaminated food right around the same time I lost my first fur-nephew Churchill for the same reason.

Mycavyangels
02-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Hi guys iam still here, just havent posted in a while:D will be posting new pics soon

*LabLoverKEB*
02-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Glad to see that you are still here, Mycavyangels!:)

I too miss Kay (Kfamr) I really love all of those wonderful pictures of the muttlies, and just her posts in general.

I know that .sarah is very busy, but I miss her too, and those beautiful Labbies + Maggie.

I'm sure some of you remember Saundra, (tatsxxx11)?? I know that she posts regularly in the Pet, Dog, amd Cat of the Day sections. I really miss her, though, she is such a sweet woman.

I also miss Logan, she is also very sweet and kind.

I hope that all of these awesome people are doing well!:love::)

smokey the elder
02-22-2009, 09:00 AM
RL (real life) can have a way of interfering with Internet time! I hope all those folks are well. I particularly miss Frostfrog's gentle rants whenever someone compares a COTD to a dog!:D

Glacier
02-22-2009, 10:09 PM
i've been lurking occasionally, just not posting, tons going on. I am on Facebook and check there frequently..feel free to add me if you want.

Cinder & Smoke
02-23-2009, 01:22 AM
I've been lurking occasionally, just not posting, tons going on.

:(

Hey Musher Girl ~

You're a V.I.P. (Very Important Purrson) here on Pet Talk ...
You have a huge following of admirers who 'Live for' and :love: your
Tails of the Yukon and your Beauriful photography ...

Please don't become a Stranger ... we already *miss* Ya!

{{{Hugs}}}

:love:

Daisy and Delilah
02-23-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm with you, Phred!! We miss you Tamara!!:)

cassiesmom
02-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Catsnclay is another PTer I miss

Grace
02-23-2009, 12:46 PM
:(

Hey Musher Girl ~

You're a V.I.P. (Very Important Purrson) here on Pet Talk ...
You have a huge following of admirers who 'Live for' and :love: your
Tails of the Yukon and your Beauriful photography ...

Please don't become a Stranger ... we already *miss* Ya!

{{{Hugs}}}

:love:

What Phred said. I can follow the dogs through your blogs, but what about the cats - do they have their own blog site?

cassiesmom
02-24-2009, 10:11 AM
I also miss Crikit and her dogs.

finn's mom
02-24-2009, 10:38 AM
I miss Judy, aka shutterbug (I know there's more to her name, but I forget!).

lizbud
02-24-2009, 10:44 AM
I miss hearing from Rachel about Hannah & Tucker & also Logan.
Jackiesdaisy almost never posts anymore.

Catty1
02-24-2009, 11:04 AM
And Dorothy39! I miss her cheeriness!

I have gone through this thread and sent several PMs with up to the dozen max addresses each...sorry, mycavyangels, for the repeat!

The name Christie did not autocomplete...nor did luv4dogs...but then, I may not have the right spelling.

Kalei - she was so excited about finding a new home for her elderly meezer Bobo who her parents were going to put to sleep...and then she vanished. I PM'd her a couple of times...I think Bobo went to the Bridge anyway, and she really feared being bashed.

KALEI - IT'S OK!:love::love::love:

elizabethann
02-24-2009, 11:45 AM
I really miss:

Jadapit
PJ and Baileys Mom
Bigyummydog
newmomtoaveiled
kittycatsdelight
lobodeb (who actually posted some yesterday!)
gemini9961
luv4dogs
poofy
parnone
elizabethann
flamepony12
Anita Cholaine

and so many more I can't think of on the top of my head.....
Too many of you have become strangers! We miss you!

Thanks for missing me. That means a lot. Work has taken over my life...not necessarily in a good way. I work for a non-profit and times are tough. My job is to raise over $1M for the organization, and right now it's killing me. I wish I could go on PT more. I sneak around sometimes, just to see how people and their pets are doing. I've learned so much on PT and I will never leave. It's my favorite site. Thanks again!

Logan
02-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Sarah and Liz, thanks for missing me. I pop in and out several times each week, just not as regularly as I used to. Even in tough economic times, I am very, very busy with work and also some church responsibilities. Plus, you guys will not believe this, but my daughter is a Senior in high school and we have been planning for college and enjoying being with her during her last year at home.

I do keep in touch with Jackiesdaisy (Jackie), who has Perry and Miss Daisy and she is doing fine. They are enjoying retirement and Jackie reported that she has bought a Wii and is having such fun with that! I also keep in touch with Dixieland Dancer (Candy) through a Golden Retriever group we are both a part of as well as through email. She still has Dixie and Dusty and they are doing fine. Sandra (Tatsxxx11), Rachel, Pam, K9 Karen and Jackie all still email with me. We have been good friends for a long time, all because of Pet Talk.

My "babies" are all happy and healthy. Ben and Mack still can't get along, but they are both precious to us. I still do some work with the Golden Retriever Rescue group when I can and Ben and Honey are great ambassadors for them, even though Miss Honey is not a rescue. I'd say she rescued us. :) :love: I'm not sure what Miss Honey is going to think when her girl goes off to college this fall and she is without her for longer periods. I'll do my best to keep her busy and happy, but Helen is Honey's favorite person in the world and has been for 10 years. Butter(cup) is doing fine, a little less feisty these days (thank goodness ;) ) as are Roger and Milly Cockatiel.

I find it hard to believe that on the 27th of this month, our Lilly (Golden Retriever) will have been gone for 2 years. :( Scott and I were reminiscing about her last night and I think we miss her as much right now as we ever have. She was a gem, as were Murphy, Zipper and Mimi. You all were such good friends during that awful 14 month period when so many of my precious buddies passed away. I will always be grateful for that. :love:

I miss you guys and will try to do a better job of keeping in touch. Thanks, Catty for pointing me to this post.

Logan

Grace
02-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Another one I just thought of, up there in Montreal.

rg_girlca - mother of Willy and many others, rescuer extraordinaire.

Catty1
02-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I had a PM from lynnestankard - her life circumstances have changed, hence her 'disappearance' - but she was glad to be so loved, as she always felt on PT. Her furbabies are older but no wiser - she added the :rolleyes: to that!

I thought she might have posted here, so I passed on the message just in case...

3Catcondo
02-24-2009, 02:30 PM
I miss Emeraldgreen and Kt luvs kitties. They have not posted in a while. :(

Lobodeb
02-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Awwww:o :love: I feel the love.

Special thanks to Daisy and Delilah and Beeniesmom for mentioning me and Catty1 to alerting me to this thread. I lurk from time to time, but I'll try and start posting more. I miss you guys too.

ParNone
02-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks for thinking about me beeniesmom!

I still lurk, but I just haven't had tons of time to post lately. I'm working two jobs, trying not to fall behind in these bad economic times.

I've actually got an idea for a new music dog video, but I need Gull for it and he's temporarily staying with my Mom. I broke my foot right before Christmas, trying out my nephew's skateboard (FYI, skateboards and laminate flooring, do not mix well). So there I was, rolling around on the floor in pain, chanting, "nobody panic... argh... nobody panic...", while the Collies tossed toys at my head. Not sure if that was their way of saying "Here, have a toy, it'll make you feel better" or "Hey, since you're down on the floor not doing anything, throw this toy". :)

Anywho, I'm housebound and wheeling around the house in my computer chair and not active enough for Gull right now. I'm hoping to get him back in the next couple of weeks. Miss the big guy something fierce. Oz, on the hand has just been tickled pink to have me all to himself, even though he's pretty much housebound with me. I'm sure they'll both be glad when I'm back on my feet and everything's back to normal.

I'll post a new thread once I get some new pics of the puppers.

Par...

Catsnclay
02-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Catsnclay is another PTer I miss

Awww, thank you!

My life as I once knew it has changed forever....

The last time I 'think' I posted I mentioned that my father has dementia and i had to put him into an assisted living home - gosh, that has actually been 1 year ago this month! :eek: my the time goes by when you are having fun......

Also this past year I have been in & out of court trying, and got, guardianship for my dad. Learned even more about my 'wonderful' mother & sister.....seems the real reason my sister took me to court was because of her inheritance.....you know what you get when someone actually passes away :rolleyes:. For some reason she assumed I was spending her part of the inheratance on my father and saving my part. :mad: I didn't even know that was even possible! ...and like I would even do such a thing, but I have found out that money does do strange things to people, so sad.

My father is slowly going downhill which is even sadder. After my sister got her $$$ - yes, to drop the lawsuit she demanded & got her money, she has also slowly stopped seeing my father. She saw him on Saturday, a month since her last visit and was upset when he didn't recognize her, so she only stayed 10 minutes. Upon her leaving she kissed him good-bye and told him that she loved him.....he didn't reply. She then said "DAD!!! I just told you that I loved you!" there was that long, uncomfortable pause then he kept staring straight ahead and said "yeah, ok, whatever". She stormed off in a huff and then he looked at me and asked me who that was......when I told him it was his other daughter, he looked me square in the eye and told me that I was his only child........ and then she wonders why......:rolleyes: My mother is no better, she is the one that started this whole mess plus the dear sweet mother that she is e-mailed me to let me know that my great-aunt (who is 94 and like a grandmother to me) passed away. She emailed me a week after she passed away. Found out via the Hospice nurse that when she was told that my great aunt had less than a week to live she cleaned out her room at the nursing home and (once again) went on vacation. My sister was "too sick" to be with my aunt, so that means she passed with NO one by her side. You would think she would have put our differences aside, just for a moment to call me and at least give me the option of seeing her (her nursing home was just 10 minutes away from my home). But no, I guess she decided to flee and tell me about it later. BTW when I asked her if she was with her when she passed she answered "yes". She still doesn't know that I know the truth.......

So my time has been very busy between my husband, the cats, my dad, the attorney/court thing (that went from April - November), cleaning out my dad's home (talk about having to do something hard!), now I am in the process of trying to do some remodeling/updating to his house to get it ready to be put up for sale. Plus inbetween all of this I have been batteling some illness.....I had my right thumb operated on (in a cast for 8 weeks - can you say 'fun' - not!) they gave me sleeping gas, which I told them I could not take due to a lung problem, then that turned into a nightmare. I've had breathing problems from last July and it is just now clearing up. For months they did not know if I had pnemonia, asthma or valley fever. After many MRI's, CT scans, chest xrays and blood taken from me....they decided that I did indeed have pnemonia. Good thing I went to many different doctors for them to figure this out! :rolleyes:

My clay studio has been covered in paperwork for a year now :( I had to drop out of some museum and gallery commitiments this last year - which upset me, but my dad does come first.

So there it is: the good, the bad & the ugly of it all. I have thought of everyone here at PT, but never had the time or energy to actually get here!!

Thank you for missing me!! That makes me feel special, and I really need that along with a hug or 2!!! :love: THANK YOU!!!!! :love:

P.S
The kitties are doing just fine, they have been missing me too! I hope to get some new pictures up of Lucky, Yoshi and Taz soon - Taz has become quite the cuddly kitty.....but only on her time :rolleyes: - :p

lizbud
02-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Sarah and Liz, thanks for missing me. I pop in and out several times each week, just not as regularly as I used to. Even in tough economic times, I am very, very busy with work and also some church responsibilities. Plus, you guys will not believe this, but my daughter is a Senior in high school and we have been planning for college and enjoying being with her during her last year at home.

I do keep in touch with Jackiesdaisy (Jackie), who has Perry and Miss Daisy and she is doing fine. They are enjoying retirement and Jackie reported that she has bought a Wii and is having such fun with that! I also keep in touch with Dixieland Dancer (Candy) through a Golden Retriever group we are both a part of as well as through email. She still has Dixie and Dusty and they are doing fine. Sandra (Tatsxxx11), Rachel, Pam, K9 Karen and Jackie all still email with me. We have been good friends for a long time, all because of Pet Talk.

My "babies" are all happy and healthy. Ben and Mack still can't get along, but they are both precious to us. I still do some work with the Golden Retriever Rescue group when I can and Ben and Honey are great ambassadors for them, even though Miss Honey is not a rescue. I'd say she rescued us. :) :love: I'm not sure what Miss Honey is going to think when her girl goes off to college this fall and she is without her for longer periods. I'll do my best to keep her busy and happy, but Helen is Honey's favorite person in the world and has been for 10 years. Butter(cup) is doing fine, a little less feisty these days (thank goodness ;) ) as are Roger and Milly Cockatiel.

I find it hard to believe that on the 27th of this month, our Lilly (Golden Retriever) will have been gone for 2 years. :( Scott and I were reminiscing about her last night and I think we miss her as much right now as we ever have. She was a gem, as were Murphy, Zipper and Mimi. You all were such good friends during that awful 14 month period when so many of my precious buddies passed away. I will always be grateful for that. :love:

I miss you guys and will try to do a better job of keeping in touch. Thanks, Catty for pointing me to this post.

Logan

Oh Logan, thanks so much for your great, newsy letter. How I wish I were
a better writer. It is good to know that everyone is doing well.:)

Enjoy your time with Helen before she flies the coop. They grow so fast.:)

Catty1
02-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Catsnclay - HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

(we have HEARTS on PT now! :) )

Catsnclay
02-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Catsnclay - HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

(we have HEARTS on PT now! :) )

Yes I noticed that!!

I forgot to thank you for PMing me, so thank you! -:love:- :D

Karen
02-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Good to hear from you, sorry your sister was such a crud. But the clay will still be there when life settles down, I am SO sorry you had undiagnosed pneumonia!!!! I have asthma, and know how frustrating it can be when you just cannot catch your breath.

aly
02-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Hey guys :) Just got some emails to come check this thread. I miss you all SOOOO much. It is surreal to see all your new additions since I've been gone. I really do want to try to get back to regular posting sometime in the near future, but I'm not sure I'm ready yet. I'm going through a really hard time with the loss of Lolly. It took me a really long time to even be able to write that sentence and I still cry myself to sleep every night. I know it's been over a year, but she and I were very connected and I know I won't have that bond ever again. The time I spent here at PT over the years was the time when Lolly was young and healthy and it just still really hurts me to try to go on without her. I am getting help and support and hope I can come to terms with everything soon.

Reece is doing well, although he has lost the little eyesight he did have. He's living the spoiled life and has no complaints though. Shiloh and Skylar are also well and spoiled rotten. I've had some new additions since I left which I hope to share more with you all soon. Misha (aka Squishy) is a Siamese mix I rescued when she was just 3-4 weeks old. Her littermates didn't make it and she was not doing well at all. Nursed her to health and she's grown up to be a huge diva now. I also have Max, a pitbull, and Raleigh, a papillon - both rescues as well. AND I still foster so there are three extra cats and a dog here. Keeping quite busy as usual :)

Thanks for thinking of me and I just can't even express how much I love and miss you guys. I'll be back in touch soon! (Naomi, I'm going to try to catch you on AIM again!)

PS - My sig just reminded me. Snickers got adopted with a coworker of mine so I see her all the time still :) Missy/Merlin/Magic the siblings got a home TOGETHER. They live in a gorgeous house with a lot of floor to ceiling windows for them to watch the birds. Maya got adopted by a couple I dogsit for and she's LOVING the fact that she gets to be the only kitty.

finn's mom
02-25-2009, 07:56 AM
Aly, we love you! :love:

lizbud
02-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Aly, we love you! :love:

Ditto that.:)

So very sorry about Lolly.:(

Daisy and Delilah
02-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks to Carole for starting this thread!! Welcome back to all those that have checked in. It's great to catch up. Stay in touch!!:)

Barbara
02-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Shiloh and Skylar are also well and spoiled rotten.

Aly I am so glad to see you back. I am very sorry to hear about Lolly- but I ma also glad to hear about especially Skylar who is one of my favorite kitties :)

Barbara
02-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Butter(cup) is doing fine, a little less feisty these days (thank goodness ;) ) as are Roger and Milly Cockatiel.

Logan
Logan- please give my bestest friend Butter a kiss from his auntie Barbara:love:
I miss him dearly.

kittycats_delight
02-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi guys....I know it has been sometime since I posted. I am having some health issues and am undergoing treatment and trying to get my meds all straightened out. I'm sorry I haven't let you guys know. It has been a very tough 7 or 8 months but hopefully they have me on the right treatment plan now and things will start looking up.

I want to thank Cindy, Lorraine, Elyse & Lut for personally contacting me and to all others who have said they missed me in this thread. Thank you so much. I means a great deal to know I wasn't forgotten and thought on.

Just a quick update on the pets. All the kitties are great. And Artica is doing agility with her daddy now. Both daddy and Artica needed something to keep them occupied, Artica for energy and daddy mentally.

Again I thank you all. If anyone wants to contact me feel free to email me of add me on facebook. I check in there more often than anywhere else. It's my 'ESCAPE'.

luv you all

:love::love::love:

Michelle

Alysser
02-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Michele, I'm so glad to hear everything's okay with you! ((Hugs))

Logan
02-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Logan- please give my bestest friend Butter a kiss from his auntie Barbara:love:
I miss him dearly.

I certainly will! Butter, Ben and I just took a stroll on the golf course behind our house. He has to take a lot of steps to keep up with Ben and me! Butter sends his :love: to Auntie Barbara. :)

cassiesmom
02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Carole, thank you again for starting this thread!

carole
02-26-2009, 07:39 PM
You are most welcome, it has brought much joy to myself and others that so many of our dear missing Pters have logged in and posted, i hope to hear from more of you.

Barbara
02-27-2009, 04:30 AM
I certainly will! Butter, Ben and I just took a stroll on the golf course behind our house. He has to take a lot of steps to keep up with Ben and me! Butter sends his :love: to Auntie Barbara. :)

:love::love::love:- This made my day ;)

BC_MoM
02-27-2009, 03:57 PM
The M&M's and Jersey have been gone since December. Nobody missed them? :(

Karen
02-27-2009, 05:34 PM
We missed 'em, welcome back!

k9krazee
02-27-2009, 05:43 PM
The M&M's and Jersey have been gone since December. Nobody missed them? :(

We missed you! I was glad to see you posting today! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-27-2009, 06:03 PM
And Dorothy39! I miss her cheeriness!

I talked to Dorothy39 recently. Her computer bit the dust and she has no Internet access right now. She is trying to get a new one soon. She misses everyone here too! :D

Nomilynn
02-27-2009, 08:23 PM
I'll be back in touch soon! (Naomi, I'm going to try to catch you on AIM again!)

You better!! ;) I'm so glad you came back. :love:

*LabLoverKEB*
02-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Logan, thanks for the update! Tell Helen congratulations on her upcoming high school graduation, I just graduated from high school this past June 2008! My sister, (17) will also be graduating this year! Where is Helen planning to go to school? Local, or a big university? What does she want to do? Glad she's doing well, she sounds like such a good kid.:)
I've been wondering for quite some time now, why don't Sandra, Jackie, and Aly post any more? I really like them, and miss them terribly! It would be soo good to hear from them again!
((HUGS))

cyber-sibes
02-27-2009, 09:15 PM
...cyber sibes, anna, robilee, kfamr, jessika, ... you ladies havenīt posted in a while
*waves arms* I'm still around! I do more reading than posting since moving away from Findlay... *sniff* I miss you guys too! I really do miss the Findlay pic-nic crew (liz, angie, amy, karen, anna, robilee, stacey, diana, phred, kimmy, their dudes, & the locals)

I started my--- I mean Star & Jack's blog and post most things there. Actually there's a few of us PTers blogging - Glacier & Amy both have blogs. phred & Cassiesmom post comments regularly, I'm always soo happy to get their comments. So come visit our blogs & I will post here on occasion too!

Zippy
03-04-2009, 02:08 PM
MyPeanuts has been gone a while too

Anita Cholaine
03-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi guys!

I was so happy to see that I had a Pet Talk PM this morning! I'ts been a while since I last posted, but I still think about each of you and your lovely pets.

There have been a few things going on in my life lately. I graduated from high school in December, and since then I've been working with my dad. I'm starting college next monday, so right now I'm so nervous about that! I'll also start studying photography next month, which is something that I've always wanted to do. I'm soo excited about meeting new people and living new experiences, that's something I definitely need.

The girls are great, Anita is 7 years old and Lola is 2. It's a bit hard to see them grow, especially Anita who's been acting a bit more 'adultish' than she used to be. Naps are a bit longer now, but she's still a really happy girl who loves her tennis balls. Lola is just a big, 2 years old puppy with lots of energy :D

Now I'll start reading and see what I've missed through all this time. And I'll definitely try to stop by and post whenever I have time.

Love you guys! :love:

Natali

Karen
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Wow, starting college - and it's hard to believe Lola is two years old! We remember when she arrived as the little puppy! Good to hear from you! Will you be boarding at college, or commuting from home? What college? And of course, we look forward to your photography class - and results! :)

Roxyluvsme13
03-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Don't know if anyone has missed me any or not, but just thought I'd pop in with an update (and I apologize in advance for typing errors, touch screens are terrible to type long paragraphs on!)

I've been really insanely busy with school but I check myspace and Facebook as often as possible. I'm a junior now, registering for my senior classes starting next week. I'm still trying to grasp the fact that I'm off to college Fall 2010. I already have my colleges picked out and I want to be a Veterinarian. So I've been busy trying to plan all that and make good, above passing grades in school as well as trying to learn how to drove, get a job, etc.

Roxy is great, she's chubby and happy and super spoiled by my grandpa. Lily is good, too. She's a happy little ball of fluff. And then the remaining fish are fine and so is the guinea pig, Flower.

I apologize for not posting more often, I'll try to post more and get some new pictures of the girls soon!

(((HUGS))) to you all.

Karen
03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Aww, good to hear Roxy's getting spoiled, even if it means she's gotten a little chubby. That's what Grandmas are good for - spoiling the grandbabies! Pretty amazing how times flies, huh? You say you've decide on a college - where are you aiming to go?

Daisy and Delilah
03-06-2009, 04:10 PM
This thread gets better and better!! Hi to everyone checking in. YES......we miss you all!!:)

pomtzu
03-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Has anyone heard from Lara (Emeraldgreen)? She vanished not long after Barney went to RB. I miss her!

Roxyluvsme13
03-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Aww, good to hear Roxy's getting spoiled, even if it means she's gotten a little chubby. That's what Grandmas are good for - spoiling the grandbabies! Pretty amazing how times flies, huh? You say you've decide on a college - where are you aiming to go?

I think that I'm going to go to a smaller, private college called King College for pre-vet then transfer to University of TN for Veterinary Medicine. It's all so exciting and nervewracking :p

*LabLoverKEB*
03-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Good to hear from you, Roxylovesme! Glad to hear that the fur/fin babies are doing well! I'm going to school to become an RVT! (Registered Veterinary Technician) Good luck with school!

Roxyluvsme13
03-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Good to hear from you, Roxylovesme! Glad to hear that the fur/fin babies are doing well! I'm going to school to become an RVT! (Registered Veterinary Technician) Good luck with school!

Ooh good luck to you! I considered that but then I just came back to wanting to be a Veterinarian and Dr. Briana Phillips just flows out of your mouth :p

jennielynn1970
03-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Ooh good luck to you! I considered that but then I just came back to wanting to be a Veterinarian and Dr. Briana Phillips just flows out of your mouth :p

Bri, it is so good to hear that you're still out there!!!

I'll definitely be looking out for that Dr. Briana Phillips announcement!

How can I find you on Facebook?? What is your community or High School you have listed???

carole
03-08-2009, 02:05 PM
oh yes i remember you well Brianna, and it is great to hear from you, and hear your ambitions in life, well done, good luck with it all, and i am so glad i started this thread, so many of you have stopped by updating us and it is lovely to hear from you all.:)

Catty1
03-08-2009, 02:12 PM
I emailed Emeraldgreen, and got this back from her:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2129590#post2129590

emily_the_spoiled
03-09-2009, 08:54 AM
LBaker gave me a call yesterday and wanted me to post a message saying that she misses everyone on PT and she wishes that she had Internet access to "talk" with people. She also said "thanks for thinking of her" :)

Karen
03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
When next you talk to her, let her know we miss her, too! :)

Randi
03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
When next you talk to her, let her know we miss her, too! :)
Yes, tell her we're many who miss her. Suggest she goes to the library to log on!

Roxyluvsme13
03-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Bri, it is so good to hear that you're still out there!!!

I'll definitely be looking out for that Dr. Briana Phillips announcement!

How can I find you on Facebook?? What is your community or High School you have listed???

Hi, Jenn and Carole :D! Thanks for the well wishes.

My facebook is under Briana P and Science Hill High School.

lbaker
03-11-2009, 10:22 AM
I lost my job (after 20 years) last April and have been looking for another with no success - alas. I knew it was tough but was/am rather dismayed and must say quite depressed about being "too old, over qualified" (what the heck does THAT mean anyway???? Do people really not want "qualified" staff???!!! :confused:) and spend way too much time feeling sorry for myself. The last time I really laughed was that glorious weekend last May at the Memorial Day Bash in OH. I no longer have access to the internet at home :mad: grrrrrr.... and find the one hour a day I have at the library is mostly used up exploring work options. Soon maybe. Just know you are the best and help me keep my sanity whenever I feel the deep blues about to hit. Hope to post better news soon. Love to all....
Laurie

cassiesmom
03-12-2009, 03:04 PM
someone else I'm missing... koxka
and Sashathecat, who sometimes posts in French

QueenScoopalot
04-13-2009, 04:04 PM
It's been a very busy year so far with rescues, many pregnant & nursing mom cats, and financial strain and all that goes along with cleaning up the messes created by others. :mad:
And too many of my own cats needing vet care. My dear Skippy was diagnosed Friday with renal failure,an intestinal mass and anemia from it all. I had to let him go to The Bridge this afternoon after we sat in the warm sun for a while today. He loved that so much, and I'm glad it was warm and sunny here so he could enjoy the sun on his body. I'll miss my little goblin. :(
I'd try to find his pictures posted here some place, but need to get back to getting stuff done here, as I'm having a rare day in that no calls have come in about cats needing to be rescued. On a happier note, I've saved a lot so far this year that have all been adopted into loving homes. Vet runs to get them fixed etc. before going to the adoption center is time consuming too. I'll try to check in every now and then, but the full swing baby boom is here, and on the streets *sigh* :rolleyes: Hope every one here has been well, and miss you all! Jan

Laura's Babies
04-13-2009, 08:42 PM
JAN!!!!! I have missed you girl! Glad to hear you are still alive and still rescuing the kitties. I always think about when when winter sets in.

Sorry to hear you lost one of your dear babies, you still have (Eli, the CH boy that loves money ...???).. Was Skippy the black vampire boy?

I am so glad you dropped in, please do from time to time and let us know you are still out there. I miss you.

Miss Z
08-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone! Eep it's been a long time! :eek:

I planned on spending a heck of a lot more time back here this summertime, but my laptop broke recently and I won't be getting another for a while, so I've had to settle for short spells on my dad's office computer.

I still have little Flossie but unfortunately lost Nightshade a while ago just shy of her third birthday. :( I'll make a memorial thread when I can.

Studies are still frantic and I'm applying to vet school next month!! I will try to update as regularly as I can. I feel excited but petrified as a lot of the qualified vets and vet students I've spoken to didn't get in first-time and had to spend a year out working before re-applying. Gulp.

Oh, and for this coming year, I made deputy head girl at sixth form college (sort of second-in-command prefect, my best friend got head girl :)) and am also chairwoman of the school debating society - combining the two hopefully means I'll get to go to lots of official evenings as my school has it's quincentinary (turns 500 years old) this year, so there'll be old pupils and staff alike joining the celebrations. So I'm looking forward to wearing all my evening dresses. ;)

Hope all are well

Zara
xxxx

Daisy and Delilah
08-14-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm still missing Ginger'sMom(Hi Joyce), shaismom(Hi Staci), and where is our sparks? There are so many more. I just asked myself last night, where are all of our members?

Hi to you, Zara. I was just thinking about you. Thanks for checking in. I love reading everything you write. Take care and keep in touch!!

caseysmom
08-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Shout out to Jadapit and Giselle....

Lori Jordan
08-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Just wanted to give everyone an update on myself,I try and post as much as i can,But i more read than post about my gang.

This has been a tough year,Gramp passed away in January after a long battle with Bone Cancer,That took its tole on the hole family,My health has not been so great,It seems i have more bad days then good with the Diabetes.

Hubby has been off and on with his back and not feeling well,Trying to get renovations done in the house,Then finding 4 kittens,Been raising them since they were a week old,Poor Mama was killed on the road,I watched her for the last few months,Tried catching her,No luck..Then seen her on the road i knew babies were somewhere i looked found nothing,Maggy found them in the neighbors hedges.

All the Girls (Maggy,Lacy,Molly and Bella) are all doing great,Cats are good,aswell as the rabbit.

I hope to have more time to post,I miss reading everyones stories on there furbabies.

Willow Oak
08-14-2009, 10:22 PM
... finding 4 kittens,Been raising them since they were a week old,Poor Mama was killed on the road,I watched her for the last few months,Tried catching her,No luck..Then seen her on the road i knew babies were somewhere i looked found nothing,Maggy found them in the neighbors hedges.

Wow! Great!

Karen
08-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Good job, Maggy.

Good to hear from you Lori, and you, too Willow Oak!

lizbud
08-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Has anyone heard from K9soul lately? I hope Jess & pups are doing well.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-16-2009, 07:03 PM
I too miss hearing from Donna (Jadapit) and Giselle.:(

cassiesmom
09-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Today's DotD, a Chihuahua, made me think of WELOVESPUPPIES. Traci, Chopper and Ryleigh, and Duke and Champ: I miss you!
I wonder how Critter Crazy is. I also wonder how KittyCatsDelight is.
Today is Anita Cholaine's birthday. Anita, I know you don't post often anymore but a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway!

*LabLoverKEB*
09-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Haven't seen Kay or the famous Muttlies around in a while.... come back, we miss you all!!!:love:

IttyBittyKitty
10-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Hey there everyone! I'm still well ... got married recently and expecting my first non-fur baby! I still have two of my kitties, Randie and Pixel, and they are happy and healthy too :D

Karen
10-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Hey there everyone! I'm still well ... got married recently and expecting my first non-fur baby! I still have two of my kitties, Randie and Pixel, and they are happy and healthy too :D

Wow, welcome back and congratulations! We have several other first-time moms-to-be - including Popcornbird and Katieluvskitties!

IttyBittyKitty
10-26-2009, 11:58 PM
Wooohooo, how exciting :D

carole
10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh my i was so thrilled to see your thread ittybittykitty, i have missed you, can you believe after six years i am still here lol.

How awesome that you are expecting your first child, now tell us when and do you know the sex yet? are you intending to find out.? any names picked yet, tell all lol.

As you can see i have aquired two extra kitties now, Ellie-Mae, and Nikkita, mother and daughter,my two rescue girls, long story, i am so glad Randie and Pixel are still with you and doing well, you must post some pics sometime soon, pretty please, take care and look after yourself and baby.

IttyBittyKitty
10-28-2009, 10:01 PM
It's very early days, so don't know the sex yet ... but we want to find out!

Will post some pics of the kitties very soon :D

cassiesmom
04-15-2010, 08:52 PM
We haven't heard from kt_luvs_kitties in awhile; I hope she is okay!

And Pam, the poodle lady is also missing. I hope she is okay too!

pomtzu
04-16-2010, 06:56 AM
And Pam, the poodle lady is also missing. I hope she is okay too!

I hear from Pam on occasion - all is well. :)

I miss Lara (Emeraldgreen)!

happylabs
04-16-2010, 07:34 AM
We need to get a PT Bloodhound on this case!

emily_the_spoiled
04-16-2010, 08:28 AM
I just talked with kt_luvs_kitties (Katie) this week and she is doing just fine. Between having a new baby, a broken computer, and kitty dominance issues, she has her hands full. But she is doing just fine and has decided being a mother is "okay" :D

cassiesmom
08-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I miss Orangutango and those lovely Tollers and striking Dobermans ... :)

pomtzu
08-05-2010, 04:53 PM
I miss Pam and her enthusiasm thru the baseball season! :p

I do talk to her by email occasionally tho. :D

momcat
08-08-2010, 12:04 AM
I hear from rg_girlca (Lorraine) from time to time. I plan to send her an e-mail about this post and hopefully she'll check in and let everyone know how things are going.

rg_girlca
08-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Hi All,

Just checking in to let everyone know that I am still alive and doing okay.
Sorry for being missing in action, but I was on a emotional roller coaster ride for a while, but doing better now, then had computer problems and after having it in the shop 3 times, it's finally back in action. Had a few stress factors, with one being recent, but trying to shake it off. Had some fosters kitties that have been since adopted out and been very busy socializing 4 feral kittens for the past few months. They were brought to me when they were about 3 - 3 1/2 months old. Thankfully they are getting better though. But the biggest news is that we have 2 new additions in the furfamily. Yes, I've failed "Fostering 101" AGAIN!!! LOL!!!!! I'll post about my sweet girls in the next few days. I have been lurking here and there on PT and have a lot of catching up to do.

Thank you Momcat, for letting me know about this thread. :)

momcat
08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi Lorraine!
I'm so happy to see that you posted in but sorry to hear that you had a rough time for awhile. Can't wait to hear all about your new furbabies and your fosters.

Craftlady
08-11-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm here but very busy these days. School starts next week for students and hubby went back yesterday for PD sessions (professional development). This summer flew by this year.

Carson (our now not the latest addition) is doing great. Yep, we have #6 (he was #5) - Abby (17 week old kitten that looks like Stephen). She is special needs. Has a broken leg is two places that didn't heal. You would never know that she is handicapped. Dealing with coccidia since mid June when she first came to us via a good friend from church. On special rx food and supplement fiber stuff that you sprinkle over the food. One expensive kitten so far! We love her do death. Shooting for October (during hubby's fall break) to have her spayed. Photos to follow soon...

Mr. Coco is doing great! He hasnt been walking with mom the past month or so it's been the hottest summer on record here in Kentucky.

cassiesmom
03-08-2011, 03:10 PM
I wonder how Beeniesmom and her family are doing. Thinking of you, Beeniesmom and family! :D

beeniesmom
03-08-2011, 07:36 PM
I wonder how Beeniesmom and her family are doing. Thinking of you, Beeniesmom and family! :D

Hi Elyse!
Thank you for thinking of us. We are doing well. Laura is growing up so fast. Beenie and Frankie are doing great. Frankie is starting to deal with seasonal allergies and Beenie had an ear infection that started a few weeks ago. We stopped the medication for it today. She is back to her usual perky self! Can't believe she will be 8 yrs old in Nov. Other than these recent events, we've just been so busy. I still get on PT when I get a chance and read posts even though I don't reply very often. Hugs to you! :)

cassiesmom
06-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I miss kimlovescats and lvpets2002. I miss Maya and Inka's Mommy too and I believe she and her family were out of town recently, so hopefully she'll be back soon to update us on her sweeties!

pomtzu
06-05-2012, 11:25 AM
There are a lot of old members that I miss. It seems they have deserted in favor of Face Book - I know that for a fact in numerous instances. Others left for other reasons. I believe that FB has hurt a lot of sites like this tho, and PT isn't the only one. As for me - I don't do FB! Been there - done that - didn't like it - left.............:p

happylabs
06-05-2012, 11:34 AM
There are a lot of old members that I miss. It seems they have deserted in favor of Face Book - I know that for a fact in numerous instances. Others left for other reasons. I believe that FB has hurt a lot of sites like this tho, and PT isn't the only one. As for me - I don't do FB! Been there - done that - didn't like it - left.............:p

I'm on FB but I post almost everything here for PT because I know not everyone is on FB.

I don't think FB will last. It is losing its appeal to me. I originally joined when my kids were in college. They are both grown and out of college and I actually talk to them in person! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-05-2012, 12:54 PM
I miss kimlovescats and lvpets2002. I miss Maya and Inka's Mommy too and I believe she and her family were out of town recently, so hopefully she'll be back soon to update us on her sweeties!

I still around!! I'ven even posted in the tread "beaking my own bread" !! it is true that I am not around as much as I used to be.. .
We've been out of the country in April when we went to Tenerife.
Do you think PT want some pics of the Gabriels Girls??;)

Thanks for caring!!:love:

Catty1
06-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Actually I saw several PT names I had not seen for quite awhile in the thread from Kirsten about her passing out. I thought it was wonderful that they would post to encourage her. :)

Taz_Zoee
06-05-2012, 02:02 PM
With summer coming up some old faces will pop up since they are out of school and can post more. Then on the opposite side of that is people that will stop posting because it is summer. I am always here, even if I don't post much. And I am also on Facebook. I rarely post there. I don't think I could ever give up on PT. :)

Karen
06-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Do you think PT want some pics of the Gabriels Girls??;)

Thanks for caring!!:love:

Of course we would! Do you even have to ask? ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-06-2012, 06:20 AM
Of course we would! Do you even have to ask? ;)

;) (giggle!!)
I will do that then!! Your wish is my command!!

momcat
06-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Come to think of it, we haven't heard from Medusa (Mary) in a while. I'll try to pm her, hope all is well with her.

fritz03
06-06-2012, 08:28 AM
I would like to know what happened to Dorothy39,she was last on Pet Talk in March of 2008 and I haven't seen her since,I always liked how she would comment on the titles I would give Fritz's pictures.

moosmom
06-06-2012, 08:46 AM
sirrhabed I haven't heard from in 4-EVER!!! I miss Wom too!(oh Woooooommmmmm, where are you????)

pomtzu
06-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Come to think of it, we haven't heard from Medusa (Mary) in a while. I'll try to pm her, hope all is well with her.

I got an email from Mary over the weekend. She has been having more problems with her jaw and was having more bone graft surgery on Monday. I was giving her a couple of days to feel better before I contacted her.

Karen
06-06-2012, 01:21 PM
I got an email from Mary over the weekend. She has been having more problems with her jaw and was having more bone graft surgery on Monday. I was giving her a couple of days to feel better before I contacted her.

Thanks for letting us know. When you speak to her again, let her know we're all thinking of her!

momcat
06-06-2012, 03:11 PM

Thanks for the update, Ellie. I'll definitely pm her later to say hi and send some positive thoughts and good wishes.

Miss Z
06-06-2012, 04:08 PM
There's so many names on this thread that I recognise and miss. There have recently been a few members return from a long hiatus - let's hope more do the same!

Roxyluvsme13
06-07-2012, 01:13 AM
I kind of use Facebook more than PT... sorry y'all. I'll try to post more on here :p

Vette
06-09-2012, 08:23 PM
^ yeah same here. more freedom to talk about what we want. i mean yeah i know this is what the general section is for,, but for some reason i dont think my crap load of Aion or Tera ScreenCaps or game talk would be welcomed all that much... >> LOL

Karen
06-09-2012, 08:42 PM
^ yeah same here. more freedom to talk about what we want. i mean yeah i know this is what the general section is for,, but for some reason i dont think my crap load of Aion or Tera ScreenCaps or game talk would be welcomed all that much... >> LOL

Ya never know until you try! ;) But yeah, that kind of stuff is probably better suited to Facebook, where just certain friends who are into that can see and respond, and the game speak won't confuse anybody!

Vette
06-09-2012, 08:51 PM
^ yeah :D

also dont get into trouble for cussing,, which i do a lot out of habit LOL :o

Karen
06-09-2012, 09:00 PM
^ yeah :D

also dont get into trouble for cussing,, which i do a lot out of habit LOL :o

Yes, but remember to be cautious about that on Facebook as well. Not because of any rules there, but because any future employers, love interests, children, etc, will always be able to search and find it on Facebook!

Vette
06-09-2012, 09:12 PM
^ very true =D why wont give anyone my FB except for my gaming buddies LOL

may make a different FB for other kind of conversations an try to keep it clean for those just incase situations one of these days if work calls for a FB page

Medusa
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM

Hi everyone,
I had my surgery on June 4 and I'm still on restriction. I had a bone graft done on my jaw again but the infection in the bone was so bad that it had spread to my throat and tongue. So the surgeon had to cut away part of my tongue underneath and I was on strong antibiotics and have just finished them. I haven't been allowed to eat hot or hard foods, can't work out, can't lift or bend (that one is difficult b/c I just do it automatically b/c I've lived alone for so long). I'll need another surgery in 4-6 months and hopefully that will be it for a loooong time. The side benefit is that I've lost weight and can get into pants that I had practically given up on. The antibiotic took most of my appetite away and after being told all the diet restrictions, I'd just as soon not eat anyhow. I have to gag down Ensure w/my vitamins daily so I consider that a meal. When I'm off restriction, I'm going to eat a whole bag of peanuts. LOL The dr. told me to stock up on popsicles, eat lots of room temp. vegetable soup and oatmeal. I used to LOVE oatmeal but it's going to be a long time before I eat it again. As for the veg. soup, I don't like luke warm anything, so I passed on that.

Thanx for thinking of me. It's nice to be missed. I check in occasionally and I'm on Facebook to keep up w/my nieces and nephews but that's about it. I hope all is well w/you and your furkids. My Fur Posse is doing fine, thankfully. I had several home improvement projects I wanted to get done but my ins. co. considers my surgery to be elective (yeah, who needs a jaw anyhow) so I had to pay cash for it. That hurt more than the surgery did so I've put the home improvement projects on hold. "The Boy" and I have been saving for a trip to Italy, so we may have to move that up for another year. Ah well, that's the least of my troubles. I just want good health!

So take care, everyone, and I'll be back soon.

Karen
06-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Good to hear from you, glad you are healing after your Sir Jury adventure. Aren't the "must not" limitations annoying? You know they are for a good reason and everything, but still! Glad the fur posse is well and keeping you company at any rate!

phesina
06-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Dear Mary, it's so good to hear from you! Wow, you have really been through the wringer there..

I'm glad things are progressing with your recovery. Take it easy, and tall the time you need to rest up and get your strength and mobility back. I'm glad you have your son and your Fur Nurses to look after you.

My kitties and I are all sending lots of prayers and good wishes and healing energies your way.

Love from Pat and cats :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
06-26-2012, 10:35 PM
I had wondered what happened to you! Sorry to hear about the jaw infection. And the difficult insurance company. Hope you continue to improve. Do eat to keep yourself well. :love:

smokey the elder
06-27-2012, 08:26 AM
I hope you feel better! Stupid insurance company thinking that jaw repairs are elective. Money grubbing bees turds, as Richard would say! I hope your fur posse are being good nurses.

Medusa
06-27-2012, 08:45 AM
I honestly feel fine, no pain whatsoever. My dr. was surprised at that b/c he said that there was extensive destruction and that it looked like ground meat. Any pain that I felt was before surgery. I could barely bite down or chew and even washing my face was painful. After surgery, though, I didn't even take one pain pill.

Cataholic
06-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Ouch! Mary! That does sound painful, and I am relieved to hear you are not in pain.

Willow Oak
06-29-2012, 09:21 PM
I was missing. But I have been found.

cassiesmom
09-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm thinking of JALB and the Royal Kitties today :)

Hellow
09-09-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm still alive. I've just been extremely busy with school and such, plus I had a sequence of computer failures over the summer that restricted the time I had to do much of anything. I'll be trying to spend more time on here, as I should hopefully have more free time in the coming weeks.

Karen
09-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Hey, there you are! Hope your computer troubles are history!

carole
09-10-2012, 05:39 AM
I have been wondering if finns mom or kari as i know her is still on here, i don't get by as often as i would like these days, so not sure, so kari if you are around, let me know you ok.

cassiesmom
11-20-2012, 05:19 AM
I haven't seen a post from kb2yjx for a few weeks... kb2yjx, hope you are okay!

cassiesmom
04-27-2013, 01:02 PM
I am missing ... Mrspunkysmom, Lvpets2002, Moon and Bean... JALB and the Royal Kitties... kfamr and the Muttlies... how is David P?

Jessika
04-27-2013, 05:17 PM
kfamr and the Muttlies...

I *think* I follow her on flickr... she had the Aussies?

Karen
04-27-2013, 06:19 PM
I *think* I follow her on flickr... she had the Aussies?

Kfamr - Kay is on Facebook, but doesn't have a computer at home right now, so just uses her phone to post on Facebook. Every once in a while she'll visit her folks, or a library, and we get to hear from her!

cassiesmom
10-31-2013, 08:46 PM
I am missing ... Kirsten (though I've seen her Facebook updates), and Maya and Inka's Mommy - I wonder how the four beautiful Girls and their people are doing.

mrspunkysmom
10-31-2013, 09:41 PM
I am missing ... Mrspunkysmom, Lvpets2002, Moon and Bean... JALB and the Royal Kitties... kfamr and the Muttlies... how is David P?

I've been here the last two months but not posting as much. I've sent you a few music pics on FaceBook, too.

cassiesmom
11-01-2013, 12:07 AM
I've been here the last two months but not posting as much. I've sent you a few music pics on FaceBook, too.

Got them! Thank you sooo much!

cassiesmom
12-10-2013, 08:13 PM
And david p? I recall his username had changed, but I thought he changed it back.

cassiesmom
03-18-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm noticing Astrid and Sophie kitty's absence too. :(

momcat
03-18-2014, 08:06 PM
I am missing ... Kirsten (though I've seen her Facebook updates), and Maya and Inka's Mommy - I wonder how the four beautiful Girls and their people are doing.

I've been thinking about Kirsten too hoping she's okay. I especially miss her totally awesome photography - regardless of what she takes pictures of, her work is pure art and never disappoints. I don't do Facebook or any of that social media nonsense. I'll send her a pm.

Karen
03-18-2014, 08:15 PM
I've been thinking about Kirsten too hoping she's okay. I especially miss her totally awesome photography - regardless of what she takes pictures of, her work is pure art and never disappoints. I don't do Facebook or any of that social media nonsense. I'll send her a pm.

She posted some photos here the other day ... see in General!

momcat
03-18-2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks, Karen! I'm going to check them out right now. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-21-2014, 06:30 AM
I don't know if somebody missed me, I haven't been online much for some time now.
I used to be very active on a local (Dutch) cat-forum, but due to some personal problems, I've decided to leave there, and to become as active here as I used to be!! So..... I'm all yours again!! Beware for pics and stories about my Gabriels Girls..... ;):)

phesina
03-21-2014, 06:55 AM
Welcome back, Lut! Good to see you again!

Pat and cats :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

emily_the_spoiled
03-21-2014, 10:32 AM
There is no such thing as too many pictures :D

Catty1
03-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Too many pictures? Of furbabies? NEVER! :D

david p does pop in now and then.

Karen
03-21-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't know if somebody missed me, I haven't been online much for some time now.
I used to be very active on a local (Dutch) cat-forum, but due to some personal problems, I've decided to leave there, and to become as active here as I used to be!! So..... I'm all yours again!! Beware for pics and stories about my Gabriels Girls..... ;):)

Yay, glad to have you back! :)

happylabs
03-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Hello PT!

I haven't been here in ages and I apologize for that. I used to check in at work on my break times but there is no such thing as a break any longer at my office. We went "paperless" in September with a new web-based data system and it has been a nightmare!

I do spend a lot of my online time on Facebook.

My 3 kitties are doing well.
My 2 grand-puppies Comet T and Brucey B. are doing great.

Very sadly, my daughter lost Zoey when she left the man she was going to marry. The relationship turned sour and she had to leave Zoey behind when she left. She felt it was best to leave Zoey behind because Zo was bonded with the other dog in the home. I have to admire my daughter for her strength in this situation.

I am glad this winter is over. It was brutal!

Love to all!

Helen

lizbud
03-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Very sadly, my daughter lost Zoey when she left the man she was going to marry. The relationship turned sour and she had to leave Zoey behind when she left. She felt it was best to leave Zoey behind because Zo was bonded with the other dog in the home. I have to admire my daughter for her strength in this situation.

I am glad this winter is over. It was brutal!

Love to all!

Helen

It's good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about Zoey. I too am so eager for Spring to get here. Seems like this Winter weather has been endless. Here's hoping
you are able to master the new data system quickly & get back to normal office "breaks" again.

Roxyluvsme13
03-24-2014, 03:08 PM
I know I don't show up on the forums too much anymore, but you can find me on Facebook as well.

We just got a new addition, Bailey. She's a pit bull puppy, I'll try to get around to typing her own post eventually.

Brennan, Lily, and Lilo are doing fine. Lilo is about to be a year old in March. Domino and Tallulah are doing fine too. All of Bella's babies found new homes, the last one we had kept was Hershey but I found someone who works with a cat rescue that took her as her personal cat and she now has all kinds of young kitties to play with and more one on one attention. I have just been super busy with work and I'm going to try to go back to school within the next year or so if everything works out.

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Karen
03-24-2014, 03:56 PM
I know I don't show up on the forums too much anymore, but you can find me on Facebook as well.

We just got a new addition, Bailey. She's a pit bull puppy, I'll try to get around to typing her own post eventually.

Brennan, Lily, and Lilo are doing fine. Lilo is about to be a year old in March. Domino and Tallulah are doing fine too. All of Bella's babies found new homes, the last one we had kept was Hershey but I found someone who works with a cat rescue that took her as her personal cat and she now has all kinds of young kitties to play with and more one on one attention. I have just been super busy with work and I'm going to try to go back to school within the next year or so if everything works out.

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Yay! You need to post Bailey over here!

cassiesmom
04-01-2014, 08:46 PM

I saw pictures of the beautiful Girls on facebook! :D hoping to see them here too! xoxoxoxo, lovely Girls!

Karen
04-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Yesterday evening, guess who I had a nice long conversation with? K9 Karen - and she's feeling better, and can see better now than she could for some time, thanks to a new doctor and a new contact lens made specially for her! K9Logan made her voice heard, too - she's getting a bit older, but doing well all things considered!

Scooter's Mom
04-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Yesterday evening, guess who I had a nice long conversation with? K9 Karen - and she's feeling better, and can see better now than she could for some time, thanks to a new doctor and a new contact lens made specially for her! K9Logan made her voice heard, too - she's getting a bit older, but doing well all things considered!

That is wonderful!!! Give her my love, please.

Karen
04-03-2014, 11:08 PM
That is wonderful!!! Give her my love, please.

Will do!

Catty1
04-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Fantastic news on K9 Karen! I am so happy for her! :D

cassiesmom
05-09-2014, 03:55 PM
I'm missing tatsxxx11 over the past several days.

fritz03
05-09-2014, 04:22 PM
According to her Facebook page, she was on there 2 days ago,all i know.

tatsxxx11
05-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Dear Cassiesmom~ I lost my beloved Lab Star last Wed., just months before her 16th birthday. She passed away in my arms at 3:40 am, having finally lost her battle with cancer and Cushing's disease. Blessedly she lived 1 year after her dx; the vets had given her only3 months. She was the reason I joined Pet Talk....New Lab puppy, new Internet, searching for a pet "chat room." And here we were, 16 years and countless posts later. Just hard to post right now. I hope others such as you (so love your caring comments for all the pets) will fill in for me for a few more days. The Dogs of the Day especially, get so few replies these days. XO Sandra

Karen
05-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Dear Cassiesmom~ I lost my beloved Lab Star last Wed., just months before her 16th birthday. She passed away in my arms at 3:40 am, having finally lost her battle with cancer and Cushing's disease. Blessedly she lived 1 year after her dx; the vets had given her only3 months. She was the reason I joined Pet Talk....New Lab puppy, new Internet, searching for a pet "chat room." And here we were, 16 years and countless posts later. Just hard to post right now. I hope others such as you (so love your caring comments for all the pets) will fill in for me for a few more days. The Dogs of the Day especially, get so few replies these days. XO Sandra

Awww, Sandra, we love you! She, like our beloved Gracie, lived past all the vets expectations simply because she was so very loved. And as Dr. McCracken said of Gracie, the "wee lassie" was "spoiled rrrrotten!' We'll be thinking of you!

cassiesmom
07-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Have not heard from MoFF (momoffuzzyfaces) in a couple of days. Hope she's okay!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Have not heard from MoFF (momoffuzzyfaces) in a couple of days. Hope she's okay!

Sorry, did not mean to worry you. I am having lots of trouble with my hands lately. The arthritis is making them swell and stiff. Typing is hard for me, plus the new computer keyboard is hard to use too. I still check up on you all. :love::love:

Karen
07-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Sorry, did not mean to worry you. I am having lots of trouble with my hands lately. The arthritis is making them swell and stiff. Typing is hard for me, plus the new computer keyboard is hard to use too. I still check up on you all. :love::love:

Aww, sorry to hear that. Arthritis is a beast, and seems worse in summer sometimes. Would any of the "talk to text" programs help you?

Miss Z
07-03-2014, 11:03 AM
I don't suppose that I count as a missing member, as I do pop in from time to time, although I'm so far behind on everyone's news these days.

I'm approaching the culmination of my 4th year of university, with 2 years (goodness, it's a long slog!) still to go. I'm spending my summer out on placement, so will be busy as ever. I had my first tentative attempts at surgery earlier in the year, which was a wonderful fusion of elation and pant-wetting terror. :p Everything lived! Before anyone asks...

I also won an externship via an essay competition through my college, in which I wrote about and presented my thoughts on the role of vets in wildlife rehabilitation. It's still, rather frustratingly, in its organisational stages at the moment, but I'll try to update when it's all go. Naturally, there will be a picture thread following the trip!

After three years of renting a flat in London, I'm glad to be back in a household in which pets are allowed! Current lodgers are 4 rats, two of which are mine and two belong to a housemate. I posted some pictures of them when they first arrived, back in October last year, although I realise I have been woeful in updating since then. A recent addition is a rescue hamster, Hulk, who was my housemate's impulse purchase after we went out to buy, of all things, a sink plunger. We did get the plunger as well. :p He was pretty nervous of being handled when he first arrived, but he's come on leaps and bounds in the space of a few weeks. By the next time I post, it's highly likely that I'll have brought something home from placement! I'll be overrun by the time I've qualified!

Really nice to see a few familiar usernames I haven't seen in a while. And great news regarding K9 Karen. :)

manda_moo87
07-22-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm not too sure if I count as missing either, but I'm BACK - for those who remember me! I suppose it's been roughly 5 years since I stopped posting regularly. I have stopped by on rare occasions to do a little snooping, but that's about it. I see a lot of new faces around here and am happy to see many of the old timers still kicking around. Missed you guys!

I'm 27 now, I was 16 when I joined lol... so a lot has changed. I still live with my parents :o... which isn't ideal, but it's all I can manage for now. I recently attended Vancouver Island University and graduated from their Hospital Unit Coordinator (or Clerk) program so I'm trying to get a job at any of the hospitals here on the island. No luck yet though... I do have full-time work in the meantime. I've worked with the same company now for the past 9 years, it's a local grocery chain... I manage our file maintenance department. Basically I take care of all price changes, signage, do data entry, etc. It's an alright gig - don't want to do it forever though. ;) I'm hoping I can get a second job at the hospital and then I'll be able to afford my own place, and hopefully add some new furry family members into my life. Maybe next year!

I've always been into photography but in the last 3 years it has sort of become a side business. I'm still very much an amateur, and have a lot to learn. I do mainly photos of newborns, families, engagements, weddings, etc. I also still do my artwork - although not NEARLY as much as I'd like. Feel free to check out my website (www.amandaedwardsart.com).

:love: Manda

Here's some "new-ish" pictures of me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/manda_moo87/8eb48321-4232-4b51-ac5b-b01c60470971_zps5bc524b7.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/manda_moo87/6a6dc724-1c96-4a91-9d37-002c23bcd243_zpsdf4032b3.jpg

mon
07-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Both you and your cat are adorable Manda, good luck with the job search! I'm sure you'll find something that fits soon enough. Love the Island, husband was born there and we go over often. Nice to see ya.

manda_moo87
07-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Thanks Mon!
Nice to hear! I don't often meet people who have heard of, or visit the island. It certainly is a beautiful place. I feel so blessed to live here... :love:

happylabs
07-23-2014, 03:18 AM
Wow, Amanda, I checked out your photography site. Very nice work!

manda_moo87
07-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Wow, Amanda, I checked out your photography site. Very nice work!

Aw, thanks so much! :)

cassiesmom
09-15-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm missing Rachel (countrywolf07). I'm wondering how she is doing after her cochlear surgery.

Taz_Zoee
09-16-2014, 09:41 AM
I'm missing Rachel (countrywolf07). I'm wondering how she is doing after her cochlear surgery.

I just checked her blog and her last entry was August 27th. She is also on Facebook, although I am not directly friends with her.

Just checked Facebook and now I can't even find her on there. :confused:

Catty1
09-16-2014, 11:28 AM
I just checked her blog and her last entry was August 27th. She is also on Facebook, although I am not directly friends with her.

Just checked Facebook and now I can't even find her on there. :confused:

I found her on FB. Her last post was September 14th.

Taz_Zoee
09-16-2014, 01:52 PM
I found her on FB. Her last post was September 14th.

Oh good. :) Thanks.

CountryWolf07
09-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been missing for a while. Life is busy for me. Ryder is doing great. He will be 2 next month on the 19th. Time flies. This is his newest find, the biggest stick we had in our backyard.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10635821_729783273736202_4947812624275631055_n.jpg ?oh=2fdab3586687de03a8c6bad9b19b03ac&oe=54CD768F&__gda__=1421942099_d31e0f6f9d211d6a3d51bed1131bf72 9

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10628400_725828760798320_14794809332832574_n.jpg?o h=7c679443a07f0cc5046e04ebf1431d6b&oe=54C245A6&__gda__=1422517284_dd037a9550807abadff6a09a852f9e4 9

As most people know, I had surgery to get the second cochlear implant. I have been doing VERY well with it. With two on, I hear 80%. Still working on the new implant, so that is only 20% but we hope to bump up that # eventually. The surgeon and the audiologist/speech therapist are all happy and pleased with the results and hoping to see better things for me down the road. Last night, I went to see Dierks Bentley so that was my first concert to have both on so it was a great experience! Tonight I will be seeing Howie Day. :)

I also just turned 30. So I can't wait to see what 30's will bring me. 20's was a good decade but I'm ready for the next step in my life.

Wedding planning has been keeping me BUSY! We had the final meeting with the priest the other evening so that went very well. We are very excited. December will be here in no time. We just had our first wedding shower thrown by my mom so that was a lot of fun. We definitely have gotten a lot of nice things and most importantly, to replace old kitchen stuff. We also have another wedding shower that is hosted by Mike's mom and sister, so that will be a lot of fun as well. That is in about two weeks. I will be trying on my wedding dress on this upcoming Tuesday and set up alterations appointment later on in October so I am pretty excited about it. NOW, it feels so real. For a entire year, it did not feel real until the final months. ;)

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10574352_729006723813857_2689888663246281478_n.jpg ?oh=db7d198c3ea7008947ad26281d1a77d0&oe=54C89C5B

That's about it, really. But I am on Facebook and Instagram. (rmcbuckeye) so I always have pictures of Ryder on there if anyone wants to follow me. As for Facebook, I have different feelings towards it now and I did a major cleanup on the friends list a while ago - I got to the point where I just only would rather have good friends, people I went to highschool with, and people I've known for a long time on there. I just don't like having complete strangers stalking my wall, etc. etc.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!

Take care and stay warm! Fall is here and chilly temperatures are creeping in. :)

Karen
09-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Even when you have been away, you are still a Pet Talk person at the core! We love that the first picture you post is Ryder with his truly impressive "big stick" - Ryder, honey, the rest of us call that a tree branch!

Sounds great that the new implant is already helping, your first concert must have been amazing! :) And getting the wedding planned and surviving all that - no wonder we haven;t seen much of you! :) Glad to have you back!

trayi52
09-10-2017, 01:59 PM
I've been gone a long time hope to be spending
More time here I have missed everyone. I
See a lot of new faces hope to get
Get to know you all

Karen
09-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Welcome back, so good to "see" you!

cassiesmom
09-25-2018, 11:39 AM
I miss MoFF. Thinking of you and your kitties today, MoFF!

mon
09-25-2018, 11:24 PM
Hello again trayi52! Glad your back, we are sort of dwindling down!

phesina
09-26-2018, 05:35 AM
Yes, very happy to see you back!

Welcome HOME, trayi52!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
10-02-2018, 05:03 PM
I haven't seen posts from Felicia's Mom for almost a week ... I hope she is okay :love:

cassiesmom
10-22-2018, 10:50 AM
I haven't seen posts from Felicia's Mom for almost a week ... I hope she is okay :love:

Still no posts from Felicia's Mom. :confused:

cats4ever
10-22-2018, 05:24 PM
I looked at her profile, and she looked at posts today and yesterday.

Felicia's Mom
10-26-2018, 11:42 AM
Sorry I havn't posted lately, but i've been have trouble with my computer. I can't stay logged in to Pet Talk. I probably need a new computer, but so far it is just Pet Talk that is giving me trouble.

cats4ever
10-26-2018, 05:35 PM
We're glad that you are ok!:love:
I hope you get your computer straightened out and you don't have to buy a new one.

phesina
10-26-2018, 07:25 PM
It's good to hear from you, Nancy! I'm glad you're okay, even if your computer isn't, and I hope you'll get that problem straightened out soon.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler

david p
11-14-2018, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry it's been a long time between posts,but they moved me to another building that up until now didn't have a computer(I'm still at Concordia). I'm still doing well here sandw

phesina
11-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Great to hear from you, David, and that you're doing well!

Welcome Home!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler

Karen
11-14-2018, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry it's been a long time between posts,but they moved me to another building that up until now didn't have a computer(I'm still at Concordia). I'm still doing well here sandw

Glad you have one now! Hope we see you more frequently now!

Felicia's Mom
11-14-2018, 09:43 PM
It's good to have you back!