PDA

View Full Version : Introducing my little Sparkler

phesina
02-15-2009, 05:30 PM
I've mentioned recently a new family member named Sparkler but haven't properly introduced her. Since she's been here nearly two months now, I think it's about time.

She came home with me last Dec. 21 evening, the Winter Solstice and the first eve of Hanukkah.. a holiday baby!

She's a little orange tabby with white trim, about 10 or 11 months old. She is another Differently-Abled cat; both her back legs are completely cockeyed. The right one goes out to the side and the left one stays pretty straight with the toes curled under. However, unlike my CH boys Elmer and Bob, she was not born in her condition. Somehow something Happened to her.. she was stepped on or something fell on her.. who knows.

She was brought to the shelter last summer (on my birthday, in fact; another sign that she was meant to come live with me?) by a man who said he "found" her that way. The right leg had been broken and healed but not properly, also fractured up by the hip bone. I don't know what happened to the left leg. She had surgery to try and fix things up, and a pin was inserted to hold things in place.

She was spayed at the same time and found to have a few Boy Bits too, so she was also neutered! I guess that means she's a Girly-Man, or maybe a Manly-Girl?

Well, in spite of all that, she does just fine getting around in her own way. I have some photos of her but have not yet gotten them over onto the computer. When I do, I will post some.

Medusa
02-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Ooooh, I can't wait to see pix of li'l Sparkler! She sounds like a real baby doll and also like my Creamsicle who also wasn't born w/CH but has it nonetheless. We're not sure what happened to her either but it doesn't matter. She chose me just as Sparkler chose you. Congrats on your new family addition, Pat. :love:

momcat
02-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Choosing you to be her furever Meowmie just proves that your sweet Sparkler is one intelligent kitty. She could not have made a better choice! I'm very much looking forward to seeing Sparkler's pictures even though she sounds absolutely gorgeous!

Will Sparkler be joining the trip to Mardi Gras? Groucho says there's still plenty of room in the Catmobile and still time to allow for any accomodations she may need. The Catmobile will pick her up at her door.

Would you give Sparkler plenty of scritchies and lovies from me?

phesina
02-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Of course Sparkler will be joining her big sisters and brothers for the Mardi Gras trip! She can't wait!

momcat
02-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Of course Sparkler will be joining her big sisters and brothers for the Mardi Gras trip! She can't wait!

I'm contacting Pinot, our expert co-pilot right now to be sure Sparkler will be met at her door. Please don't worry, Miss Phesina, she will be well looked after.

Your friend,
Groucho

jenluckenbach
02-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Welcome to PT Sparkler!! Another very smart kitty to choose a PT'er as a meowmie!! Can't wait for photos.

cassiesmom
02-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Welcome, Sparkler!

katladyd
02-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Sparkler, you must be a most amazing girl! Welcome to PT!

Pinot's Mom
02-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Welcome Sparkler! Of course you'll join us for the Mardi Gras - we'll be in touch with the pick up information! In the meantime, enjoy your new home and we'll make sure you're taken care of!
:D
Pinot

Laura's Babies
02-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Can't wait for the pictures of her. She sounds like a real trooper and little doll!

Randi
02-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Congratulations on your new addition - Sparkler sounds like a cutie pie, and I can't wait to see pictures. :)

Anikaca77
02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Welcome Sparkler!!!

You sound like a very special special girl.

Can't wait to see some photos of you!

Melissa

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the big PT-family, Sparkler!! I cannot wait to "meet" you!!:)

lvpets2002
02-16-2009, 03:47 PM
:love::love: Welcome Sparkler to PT.. Just Love your Lovley Name for a Lovley Young Lady.. Cant wait for pics of your Darling Self.. We will be seeing you at the Mardi Gras.. Congrats wittle one on your Purrfect Furr Ever Home.. Pat is a Great Meowmom & you will also Love the other babies to play with..

catmandu
02-16-2009, 05:23 PM
A BIG Welcome to Sparkler from the Found Cats , Porch Cats and All of Our Dear Cat and Dog Angels!!
Another Lucky Cat rescued from the cold and Sparkler has her Furrever Home where she will be loved and cherished!!
:love::love::love:
This is a great feel good story!!!!
:cool::cool::cool:

phesina
02-16-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm contacting Pinot, our expert co-pilot right now to be sure Sparkler will be met at her door. Please don't worry, Miss Phesina, she will be well looked after.

Your friend,
Groucho

Dear Groucho and Pinot, you are so considerate, thank you so much! I know I will be perfectly safe in your care.

I was planning on flying to BWI with my siblings, so you don't need to make a special trip to get me. (But if you would like to stop by anyway, you will be most welcome!)

Looking forward to the Carnival with bells on my paw-pads,
:love: from your friend Sparkler