PDA

View Full Version : update on taiwan kitties...

carole
02-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Some of you may remember my girlfriends son was living in Taiwan and had two rescue kitties, he was unable to take one of them into NZ,and could not possible leave one behind,it was a very sad situation, and he was gutted, he did everything he could to find the best solution.

I am happy to report he managed to re-home one of the kitties in Taiwan, a family has taken him, and he will be still be an indoor kitty with a safe outdoor area.

The other kitty has gone from Taiwan to China with him in the meantime, he will be there for two years, in that Time James will be trying to re-home him, it has been very hard on him, as the two kitties were great friends, and also very scarey type kitties, so wish him all the luck in the world ,in finding a suitable home for kitty number two.

Sad thing was they paid two and a half thousand dollars for this kitty to travel, were showed the lovely cage he would be in, he arrived in appalling condition, was in a small cat box, like one you would use for a trip to the vets, cardboard type, they had chucked a tin of cat food in there, which he cut his paw on and someone through his distress caught caught in between the bottom of the box,SHAME on this airline and these people, this poor kitty was obviously distressed and for good reason.

He is happy and safe with his owners now thank goodness.

So all in all a reasonable outcome so far, so good.

kitten645
02-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Poor kitty. I don't suppose there's any recourse? :mad:$2500 to torture an animal. I hope they find themselves in a box chucked around. :(
At least I'm glad they are reasonably okay in a society that doesn't value them. When will humans act humanely? Ugh!
Claudia

Laura's Babies
02-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Poor kitty! I wish people would just realize they have feeling too and are easily tramatized!

Barbara
02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
I am glad to hear that both kitties survived so far- I hope the one that's still with your son will make it out of China one day.

carole
02-16-2009, 03:06 PM
The one in China will have to be adopted there, it is not allowed into NZ as it does not meet quarantine criteria, there is a problem with its immune system, btw it is not my son, my girlfriends son.

Yes we can only hope and pray all will be well.