PDA

View Full Version : Flutter's missing - FOUND!

catnapper
02-15-2009, 07:24 AM
I am in a state of panic right now -- my little girl is missing!

She never goes outside and I haven't seen her since last night. I have checked everywhere conceivable, and even some impossible places. She won't come out of hiding for treats or even wet food... this girl is incredibly food motivated.

We've checked behind the dishwasher, even under the plumbing in the bathroom. All closets, under all beds, in cabinets and cubby holes. I've run around shaking the treats with 2 other cats meowing behind me, answering the call. No Flutter answering the call though.

I have an outstanding stress headache and have NO IDEA where she could be. She never even tries to escape outside, and I didn't see paw prints in the dusting of snow. My main conern is that she's hurt somewhere in the house!

Please get those PT prayers going for her to be found safe --- SOON!

Karen
02-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Oh, Flutter, come out, come out wherever you are!

Laura's Babies
02-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Flutter! What are you doing to your Mommie? Get out of that hiding place right now (!) and let her see you are ok.... Then you can go back and go back to sleep!

Moesha
02-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Oh dear! How scary. I sure hope you find her and she's okay.

jennielynn1970
02-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Oh gosh!!! I hope she's ok. The doggie wouldn't have touched her, would he?? Even if by accident??

Randi
02-15-2009, 10:26 AM
No wonder you're upset, but I hope Flutter will come out of hiding soon. Could she have darted outside?

Be safe Flutter! :love:

Don Juan's mom
02-15-2009, 10:43 AM
FLUTTER! GET YOUR BUTT OUT HERE YOU LITTLE #*&!

Mommie's worried, sweetheart.:love:

Liz

Catty1
02-15-2009, 10:53 AM
PRAYERS!!!!

Dear Flutter, please let your mommy know where you are!!!

Any work being done on your house? Heating vent open?

Try outside - under a porch, garage, anything! Anywhere she might find shelter.

HUGS - PT Prayers she comes home soon!

Contact Brody's Mom too - she found where Lut's Zazou was a couple of months ago!

RedHedd
02-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Dear Flutter, Butter - get your butt out of hiding NOW! Prayers going out that she appears soon.

kuhio98
02-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Flutter, you let your momma know where you are right now! Do you hear me?

Many prayers that she lets you know where she's hiding very soon. If Cameron is over today, maybe he can do a search. He can get into much smaller spaces.

Is your remodel project still going? Is there a hole around large enough for her to investigate? (On Thursday, Pepper crawled into a hole in the ceiling we hadn't closed up from a plumbing leak. She wouldn't come out for a few hours.)

Hope Flutter makes an appearance soon!

orangemm
02-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Come out, Flutter! Right now! Your meowmie is worried and so are we.

Please go to her right away........................

momcat
02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Come on out now, Flutter! Meowmie is worried sick about you and needs to know where you are and that you're okay. If you need help, meow as loud as you can so someone can hear you.

St. Francis, please bring sweet Flutter back to her family that loves her so much!

It's okay, sweetie, you're not in any trouble. All of your PT friends just want to know that you're okay.

kb2yjx
02-15-2009, 03:14 PM
I am so sad to read this!!! Prayers that Flutter comes out of hiding ASAP!!! I will light a candle!!!!

katladyd
02-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Flutter, I know that you know where you are, but your mommy doesn't and she's very worried about you. Please come out and give her a purr! I had one of my cats disappear for two days, in the hall closet. Walked out like, "What are you guys so upset about?"

Pinot's Mom
02-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Cat Angels, please guide Flutter out of that hiding place! Mom's really worried!:eek:

Any word??

beeniesmom
02-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey Flutter! Come out come out wherever you are! :)
I'm sure she will be back soon if she isn't already!

jenluckenbach
02-15-2009, 04:07 PM
OH NO!!! I just got back from your neck of the woods (adoption event at Petsmart) and am only seeing this now. Has she been found?? Prayers racing your way.

catmandu
02-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Oh No, Not Flutter!!!:eek:
Our Animal Angel Search and Rescue Squads on the job with treats from Tonga, where they are staying to see if they cannot get Flutter to let you know where she is.
I had this trouble when I couldnt find Pouncierge the Pretty, and of course while I am looking high and low, shes sitting there wondering what her Cat Dad is up to.
We are praying that Flutter does the same thing.
:):):):love:

AbbyMom
02-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Catnapper--here are some searching tips from catsinthebag.org for finding a cat that may be still in the house:

If your pet may still be inside the house, be sure to check the following:
• In reclining chairs — inside the ledge that supports the footrest when it is extended
• In box spring or mattress — with a flashlight look for torn lining in box spring or mattress
• Under platform beds
• Behind the books in a bookcase
• Behind unopened drawers in a dresser
• In the chimney
• In heating ducts
• Behind access panels
• Behind the refrigerator or stove
• Wrapped in the bottom of your drapes

Sending prayers from Chicago that she's safe and comes out soon.

AbbyMom

catnapper
02-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Its been a looooong day! I had to work and left without knowing where she was.

I came home and ran upstairs to find her curled up in a basket. My heart did a few flip-flops, and she gave me this look like, "you're nuts lady!"

I am SO RELIEVED to have my grumpy little girl safe and sound. She's a bit annoyed with my loving, but its the price she pays for hiding on me and getting me all worked up.

As for home imporovements.... my house is a construction zone right now.
Kitchen door last week:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/005-1.jpg
(notice the fake bricks on the wall and door opening in kitchen)

Wall starting to be knocked away
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/007-2.jpg

New door framed, showing bricks removed (leaving horribly cracked plaster exposed)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/002-1.jpg

Also, THIS came in this morning, WHILE we were hunting for Flutter. Its a "trashed" sectional that a customer offered me when they bought a new one. As far as I can see, it only has one stain.... heck, I'll take a free $5000 leather secional with a stain!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/005-2.jpg
(I do have a new leather sectional on order but its not going to be paid off for a few months, so this will do. Then we'll save it for when we move, put it in a man cave for hubby)

Moesha
02-15-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm glad she is there safe and sound. Nice sofa also!

catmandu
02-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I had a feeling that that would happen, that you would turn around and there would be Flutter wondering hwat on Earth was upsetting Her Meeeowmie so much.
Mom, I was right here ALL THE TIME!!!
:love::love::love:
And thats a FANTASTIC Sectional for free, and I have the feeling that that Sectionals going to get a lot of use over the years as thats about the best photographi background for Cats and Dog I have seen in a while.
They will look so cooool against that red color!!!
:love::love::love::love::D

Medusa
02-15-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm just now seeing this. I'm sure glad that Flutter is safe and sound. Whew!

momcat
02-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Whew! What a tremendous relief to know that Flutter is present and accounted for! Do you have any idea of where she might have been?

Flutter, Please don't ever do this to your Meowmie ever again okay? Be sure to let her know you're sorry for upseting her so much.

phesina
02-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Oh, thank God!

Prayers have been answered and angels have been at work.

catnapper
02-15-2009, 05:49 PM
I can not figure out where she would have gone. The attic door was closed. The basement was obviously open, but I checked it thoroughly -- its pretty clear now that we're purging a lot of junk. She hasn't been spending much time downstair because of Callie. she HAD to have found a hiding spot upstairs. I just can't figure out where she could have holed up!

I'm getting the evil glare from her right now. She's been in the bedroom all night (like usual) She is typically in the bedroom 95% of the time.

Catty1
02-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Gosh, isn't that the way - "I was fine Meowmy, stop hugging me!"

SO GLAD she is safe!:):love:

Laura's Babies
02-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Flutter, you had your Mom worried crazy! Glad you are ok but you need to show her where that good spot you hide is!

krazyaboutkatz
02-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm glad to hear that she's been found and is safe.:) That's a beautiful leather sectional too.:)

katladyd
02-15-2009, 11:28 PM
I am sooo happy Flutter is safe and sound. I just knew she would be. How could she not? So many wonderful people were praying for her!

RedHedd
02-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Whew! I'm glad she's reappeared! and lucky you! That leather sectional is gorgeous!