PDA

View Full Version : Could I ask for your help again? New Pic #33

Laura's Babies
02-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Yesterday Brandon's girlfriend had her baby far to early. To answer your question before you ask, it is not Brandon's baby (I wish he was). He and Jessica were a couple when he had his horriable wreck back in 2005 and she took care of him in the hospital and out of the hospital. They broke up sometime ago and she met someone else and got pregnant.

In December when Brandon was hospitalized for that tumor on his brain, he told his Mom top call Jessica and have her come, she is the only one he wanted to take care of him. She has stayed by his side ever since, even though the doctors warned her to take it easy because she was having a difficult pregnancy. It was over between her and the baby's father and she and Brandon have been a couple again since he was in the hospital.

As I said, Jessica had her baby yesterday, a little boy Lacey Micael and he weighs only 1 pound 13 ounces and is only 13 inches long. Could I ask you for prayers for this little baby boy?

I have to admit, I cried when I saw this picture.... it just says it all, a baby's foot in his mothers hand...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Family/Jessicasbaby.jpg

finn's mom
02-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Poor little one, how far along was she? I'll be praying for him, I'm sure he'll be just fine!

Taz_Zoee
Oh my gosh, that picture is precious!
I will keep Lacey, mom and Brandon in my thoughts.

Karen
Oh, wee little one, you will be in our prayers. Eat, little one and grow strong. I and my siblings were all premies, I know how scary it can be for the mom. I was much bigger than that baby, but was jaundiced.

I hope Lacey Michael's lungs will finish development - I know they have meds to help that - and pray that he will have no lasting damage.

Laura's Babies
02-12-2009, 08:57 PM
I am not sure how far along she was.. I will ask Sis and post back when I find out.

Catty1
02-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Prayers for the owner of that adorable widdle foot!

I hope he thrives and all goes well.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Reachoutrescue
02-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Many prayers are being said for sweet baby Lacey. Prayers for Jessica as well. Please keep us posted.

sparks19
02-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Many prayers going out for that sweet little baby boy and his family.

Cinder & Smoke
02-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi God ~

Need sum Help down here onna Durt Ball ...

It's fua lil SkinPup this tyme ... a REALLY LITTLE SkinPup!
Name's Lacey Micael ... and the lil guy *popped* outa da oven a bit urlee ---
he mite not be ready to romp on his own quite yet ... Kan You Help, paLeeze?

PaLeeze help da White Coats to get him up to speed - an maybe wrap him
inna Big {{{God'sHug}}} till he's ready to go home wiff Mom Jessica.

THANKS, God!
/s/ the Prayer Pups

beeniesmom
02-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Prayers for the little one. Please grow healthy and strong.

krazyaboutkatz
02-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Medusa
02-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Many prayers are going up right now for Lacey, Jessica, Brandon, Laura, Laura's sis, everyone concerned. "The light of God surrounds you, the love of God enfolds you, the power of God protects you, the wisdom of God guides and directs you, wherever you go, God is, and all is well. And so it is." Keep the faythe. :love:

moosmom
02-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Thoughts and prayers coming for Lacey Michael.

snowbelle15
02-13-2009, 07:23 AM
I'll be praying for Lacey. I'm sure he'll be fine.

DJFyrewolf36
02-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Thoughts and prayers on the way! My little guy was premature but still weighed in at a heafty 9 lbs and some change lol. It is amazing what drs can do for babies now.

*HUGS* to you and your whole family!

Freedom
02-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Prayers from RI for Lacey Michael, Jessica, the doc and nurses and everyone close to this new wee baby boy!

caseysmom
02-13-2009, 09:13 AM
My friend had her daughter 3 months early 18 years ago, she weighed 1 lb 11 oz. I remember how tiny she was, the picture is cute but it is extremely scary to see a baby the size of a barbie doll.

I know boys have a harder time being that premature but I am sure there are a lot of technical advancements being made for premature babies so I am sure he would be fine but I know it is heartbreaking seeing them that tiny.

My friends daughter had no lasting complications and is now attending a prestigous college, she was a straight A student, and she is very tall.

lvpets2002
02-13-2009, 10:21 AM
:love: Aweee he is so tiny.. Prayers being sent for Mom & Baby & Brandon..

pomtzu
02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Sooo tiny! Prayers for all, but especially for little baby boy Lacey Micael.

Craftlady
02-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Keeping good thought and prayers here for the little guy.

phesina
02-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Prayers for Lacey Michael, Jessica, Brandon, and all the family.

Laura's Babies
02-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Sis called today.. He is breathing on his own and so far has not had any problems. She was only 6 months pregnant when he was born.

I asked about the name, I just couldn't grasp a boy names Lacey. She had it wrong.. His name is Layton.. sorry about that.. He IS breathing on his own, that is a big plus in my book... :D I think our whole family is in love with Layton already, including Brandon. He is taking ton's of pictures and have them on his myspace page. Brandon was also a preemie and so was his mother.

pomtzu
02-14-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm sure that baby Layton has a long haul ahead of him, but just the fact that he is breathing on his own is incredible. :) He must be a real little fighter! Prayers that he continues to do well.

And prayers of course for Brandon in his battle. Seems like this family and loved ones are being dealt more than their share of tough times. But Spring is just around the corner and the earth blooms again. Hopefully, Spring will bloom for Brandon and Layton also.

jenluckenbach
02-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Thank GOD his name's not Lacey! (LOL) And thank God that he is breathing on his own.

My grand-neice was born 3 months premature, and she is 6 3/4 years old now and doing fantastic. She never really had any problems except for staying in the hospital/incubator for a while before going home.

I'd love to see some more of those photos.

Karen
02-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the correction on his name, Layton - a lovely name but one I am sure he'll have to spell for people when he's older! :) It is amazing and encouraging that he's breathing on his own, I am sure they'll be giving him special medicine to help his systems finish developing. I know he'll have to stay in the hospital for a little while, until he gains enough weight so it's "safe," but he will stay in our prayers.

My friends' twins were born two-plus months early, and were teeny, but are now beautiful, mischievous almost three-year-olds. Their mommy will be praying for Layton Michael, too, come Sunday!

momcat
02-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Many prayers are being prayed for this beautiful little baby and lots of [[[[[HUGS]]]]] being sent for Mommy. May God be with all of you.....

Freedom
02-14-2009, 06:17 PM
He he hee, ok, now we KNOW he is going to make it -- so he can hear the story of his name being "Lacey" for a while! And so someone can tell his future wife the same tale and embarrass him. :p

Seriously, that is good news that he has no issues thus far, and is breathing on his own. Prayers continuing for LAYTON Michael!

cassiesmom
02-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Aweee he is so tiny.. Prayers being sent for Mom & Baby & Brandon..
From here as well. I hope that some day, that tiny little foot will be big, strong, going off to kindergarten, riding a bicycle and doing all kinds of big boy things.

K9karen
02-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Hey, I started out approx 2 pounds, and that was eons ago before they knew what they do today! The fact that Layton is breathing on his own already is awesome news! I think I read that the lungs are the last organ to develop, so the widdle guy is a fighter for sure! I'm thrilled that Brandon and Jessica are together, they sound perfect for each other. Praying that everything continues to go well!

sparks19
02-15-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm so glad to hear he is doing so well. these days the success rate for premies born up to three months early is extremely high. These NICU's have really stepped up to the plate in caring for these tiny tiny little ones.

When Hannah was in the NICU there was a little boy next to her who was born at 26 weeks (I think it was 26 weeks... might have been 23 though) and he too started breathing on his own after only a day or two. He did have to stay in the NICU for 43 days though. he had to be able to successfully take in a certain amount of breastmilk on his own before he could go home and I think he might have had a weight limit he had to hit but can't remember.

he actually ended up going home BEFORE his actual due date lol.

Looking forward to more updates and pics.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Oh, what a precious picture.... Many prayers on the way for little Layton.:love: (I love the name, by the way!) Keep us updated! :love:

DJFyrewolf36
02-16-2009, 01:10 AM
More Prayers on the way for little Layton! I'm happy he is breathing on his own. *Hugs*

Laura's Babies
02-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Layton and his Mom
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Family/Jessicaandbaby.jpg

Medusa
02-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Aw, what a sweet pic. :)

ChrisH
02-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Sweet. Prayers on the way.

lvpets2002
02-16-2009, 10:34 AM
:love: WoW such a Very Sweet Picture of Mom & Baby.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss..

Catty1
02-16-2009, 11:17 AM
What a darling picture...Mom sure has love in her face and smile.

More prayers for Layton - I think he'll be just fine. But sure is good to hear every report!

OT - has Brandon started treatment?

Love and prayers to all! :love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
02-16-2009, 12:01 PM
OT - has Brandon started treatment?

Yes, Brandon is doing radiation and oral chemo. Sis said he puts on a brave front but you can tell it is effecting him. He is doing his radiation treatments in the same hospital that Jessica and Layton are in so that has worked out well for them. He was unable to save his sperm, tests showed before treatment, his sperm wasn't any good so he would have never had children, even if this hadn't happened to him.

lvpets2002
02-16-2009, 12:18 PM
:love: Well maybe he & Jessica can get married & raise Layton Together.. :love:

cassiesmom
02-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Oh my word, he is so small... prayers for Layton and his mom, prayers for Brandon (I lit a candle for Brandon today on the pet t page of gratefulness.org)