PDA

View Full Version : Getting healthy in 2009...

Trinityagain
02-12-2009, 02:13 PM
I realized, after turning 40 in December, that I really needed to start taking care of myself. I've been a diabetic for almost 30 years and just kind of floated thru, not really doing what I was supposed to. So I'm trying my best to get on track. I have been watching what I eat a lot more and doing my blood tests and so forth. Along with taking care of the sugars is the resolution to take care of everything esle as well. Made a dentist appt for the first time in a LOOOONNNNGGGGG time...and I am going to pay for it...literally. Thank heavens for insurance...I need almost $2500 in work on my teeth....ouch!:eek:

This getting healthy stuff is tough....

davidpizzica
02-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I realized, after turning 40 in December, that I really needed to start taking care of myself. I've been a diabetic for almost 30 years and just kind of floated thru, not really doing what I was supposed to. So I'm trying my best to get on track. I have been watching what I eat a lot more and doing my blood tests and so forth. Along with taking care of the sugars is the resolution to take care of everything esle as well. Made a dentist appt for the first time in a LOOOONNNNGGGGG time...and I am going to pay for it...literally. Thank heavens for insurance...I need almost $2500 in work on my teeth....ouch!:eek:

This getting healthy stuff is tough....

I hear you! I have to watch my sugar, too and watch what kind of food. I'm getting dentures in two weeks to the tune of close to $1700! My resolution this year is NO HOSPITAL STAYS!

Marigold2
02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Yes I recieved diabetes for my 49 birthday, stated off doing the correct things and then I slipped which is human nature.
Working, family, home all seem to come before me time and exercise. I am a big giver of time and money, always had a hard time buying for myself and putting myself first. I did get better this last year but I need to keep it up. Exercise neds to come before I can do for others even my kids. They can't exercise for me, can't eat for me I have to do it.
I wish both of you happiness and good health, David so happy for your new choppers, (candy apple) YUMMO. Lets encourage each other.
I am going to take a dance class, took one many many years ago and I had so much fun, lost weight and met some great people.