PDA

View Full Version : Get married... or go hunting...

Shelteez2
02-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Why choose when you can do both?

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/39470517.html

Just don't get the boxes mixed up.

moosmom
02-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I'd rather have a cheeseburger.

RICHARD
02-12-2009, 03:05 PM
LOL, Your title made me laugh out loud!

It's like poop or get off the pot?:D

Twisterdog
02-12-2009, 11:12 PM
I bet a LOT of women are going to get earrings this year! My husband would so be there. :rolleyes:

Desert Arabian
02-13-2009, 01:07 AM
Hilarious!! Doesn't surprise me one bit that it's from Eau Claire/Wisconsin. OY!

Marigold2
02-13-2009, 06:38 AM
OMG I find this to be horrible, horrible, horrible. This is assocating love with murder. :eek: At the very least of animals.
How many of these people will pick up the gun and shot their husband or wife when the marriage turns sour?
Like the earrrings baby? Here is another hole for the pretty cheating head of yours.
Where is the backround check? Does this nut job even care?
Yes that is what we need in this horrible economy, more guns to rob people with or shot our families when we have lost our jobs and our homes. Aren't we on the edge enough as it is. People are so desperate and getting more so every day.
Instead of giving people a gun how about a free meal at a nice resturant which will help the economy.
Or a gift certicate to a movie, book store, department store, grocery store? $300.00 buys a lot of food.
How about a donation to your favorite charity in your name. Or money to a food bank or animal shelter?
This makes me so sick.

moosmom
02-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Okay, make it a veggie burger.:p

DJFyrewolf36
02-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Skip the earrings...:D

Marigold, I don't see anywhere in the article where it specifically said anything about hunting firearms. Firearms are fun when used in a safe LEGAL manner. I doubt anyone spending $400 on a pair of earrings is going to use the free gun in a crime.

Be wary of anyone paying cash though ;)

Puckstop31
02-13-2009, 09:52 AM
OMG I find this to be horrible, horrible, horrible. This is assocating love with murder. :eek: At the very least of animals.
How many of these people will pick up the gun and shot their husband or wife when the marriage turns sour?
Like the earrrings baby? Here is another hole for the pretty cheating head of yours.
Yes that is what we need in this horrible economy, more guns to rob people with or shot our families when we have lost our jobs and our homes. Aren't we on the edge enough as it is. People are so desperate and getting more so every day.
Instead of giving people a gun how about a free meal at a nice resturant which will help the economy.
Or a gift certicate to a movie, book store, department store, grocery store? $300.00 buys a lot of food.
How about a donation to your favorite charity in your name. Or money to a food bank or animal shelter?
This makes me so sick.

"Coo coo" "Coo coo"

:D

caseysmom
02-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Check my pulse and give me meds I agree with Pucky:D

Puckstop31
02-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Check my pulse and give me meds I agree with Pucky:D

I am sure it won't last. So lets enjoy the moment. LOL

It IS almost Valentines day afterall. :love:

:D

Desert Arabian
02-13-2009, 01:23 PM
I can't even take Marigold's post seriously....wow...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Karen
02-13-2009, 01:32 PM
I do like the "do both" option - if you substitute "go shooting" for hunting! I prefer shooting at targets than living things, thank you! But no one says what the guns are to be used for - heaven knows some would prefer to hang them over the mantel as 'decor' ... not my style, but hey!

I do hope they are doing background checks, but folks buying guns - or receiving them - should expect that.

Desert Arabian
02-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Stores licensed to sell firearms are required by federal law to do background checks. Don't worry...the chances of an out-of-control (human) murderer walking away with a gun from this jewelery store are slim to none.

Background checks on people recieving the firearm as a gift are not done, b.g. checks are only done on the purchaser. It is obviously highly illegal to purchase a firearm for an individual who is not allowed to own one, due to a felony. If you are traced back to making the purchase you can expect to spend a long time in prision. If one is busted for owning a firearm illegally, all they have to do is enter the serial number found on the gun and BINGO they'll find out who bought it.

This "deal" is also a huge scam. The diamond earrings are only worth $100, however they jacked the price up to include a "free" gun - but really, you're paying for it.

Shelteez2
02-13-2009, 02:18 PM
This makes me so sick.

Simmer.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/content/aroundtheweb/story/Buy-a-Diamond-Get-a-Gun-for-Free/sJ_Ix7PQqkKKJxdz0KCCFA.cspx

Zinn also said you do not need to be a resident of Wisconsin to get the free gun. However you must submit to a federal background check.

Why do you think the marriage will go sour? Do you think all husbands cheat on their wives? Or all wives cheat on their husbands?

Hunting a deer could provide the family with a lot of food too...

Marigold2
02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
I own a gun and if someone breaks into my home they will be dead. My dad was a cop and I have had guns around me all my life.
That being said
The point is, guns are used for only a few things. To kill, to collect, to trade, or to practice with. The main use for a gun however is to kill, that was why they were invented. That is why people brag about how big their gun is, the fire power, blah blah blah. If your aim is good you don't need a canon to shot the fool that breaks into your home.
What is wrong with a gift card for food, how about a gift for a free college class, be it for dancing, drawing or computers to help you be competitive in the job market.
Yes lots of people could use deer meat for food. But I think more would appreciate a gift card so they can get diapers, milk, bread.
Something to help the economy, maybe a gift card for gas, pay the electric bill for a month. How about a two day getaway at a nice hotel or spa. I would just love that, wouldn't you ladies?
I just find it sad that Valentine's Day a day of love, honor, respect, joy, renewel of love and commitment is being tarnesed with a gun, given in a time of war, unrest,massive unemplyment, loss of housing and jobs we are giving people guns. What about romance and gentleness and kindness.
That is what is needed now.
My husband saves up for gifts like that for me. I think many men do. They save for many months to give their wives something special. I think a free dinner or a two day getaway would be the icing on the cake.

caseysmom
02-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Valentines day is a made up hallmark holiday representing nothing, all those things should be already said daily, thats my opinion.

jennielynn1970
02-13-2009, 03:48 PM
I remember in the Bowling for Columbine movie, there was a bank in one of those northern states where if you opened up a bank account (with a large deposit), you got to pick out a free gun as well. Really makes you think... at least it did me.

Guns. In banks. Why not china, or silverware, or something else that is for the home. I just didn't get the whole gun deal. Why not give them a nice extra $50 or $100 for opening the account??

Wonder how many came back to bite them in the butt and be robbed with them, lol.

Desert Arabian
02-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Hunting a deer could provide the family with a lot of food too...

You got that right!! Depending on the size of the deer, you can average about 60 pounds of meat off of a deer - sometimes more sometimes a little less. Here in WI during our week long gun deer season, if I wanted to harvest 10 deer I could do so, I just need to purchase tags from the DNR. 10 deer 60 pounds of meat from each deer .... that's 600 pounds of meat in the freezer! Not to mention that any wild game - whether it be bear, deer, ducks, etc is far healtheir than any slab of meat you can purchase in the store. Wild animals aren't injected with growth hormones, the meat is very lean (some more so than others) and isn't very fatty, low in calories, etc. Our chest freezer is stuffed full - the cost of obtaining all that meat is minimal. I like having to work for my food, I don't like having things handed to me - makes me feel like a stronger person.

Twisterdog
02-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Breathe, Marigold. In through the nose, out through the mouth. You are going to drop dead of a massive coronary if you keep that up.

I'm going out on a proverbial limb here, but I'm fairly certain thay every person who buys his wife a pair of earrings is not going to be a homicidal maniac, hell bent on robbing people and shooting our families. Just a guess.