PDA

View Full Version : Good for long haired cats

artistnan
02-12-2009, 09:58 AM
What is a good collar that won't tangle my Ragdoll's long chest fur?

Also, how can I get mats out of my Ragdoll's belly fur without hurting him?

Thanks for any advice!:love:

shais_mom
02-12-2009, 10:50 AM
I have a long haired cat but not near as as long and thick like your cats and I can't keep collars on her b/c it tangles and knots her hair and rubs a raw spot on her neck. When I kept a collar on her when I first got her it got wrapped around the hair, grew into her neck and got infected. I felt like a HORRIBLE cat-mom!
I just keep her inside.:)

RedHedd
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I vote no collars

As for matts, get a matt-breaker - available at Petco and other pet stores. Best thing ever for gently getting the matts out.

catmandu
02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
When Mr Fluffy lived here, he was a Long Haired Persian, the only thing was daily grooming and even then he had to be groomed and even lion cutted once a year.
He as his name suggestes was ONE FLUFFY Cat, and I was always fiding white and gray fur everywhere!!!
:love::love::love:
What a dear Old Cat Mr Fluffy was and he Moose, and Mr Scrappy helped me raise the Young Cats like JJJ3 and Michael the Dream Cat.
Who are the Seniors now helping with the Kitten Trio!!!
Time sadly never stands still :(

Freedom
02-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Why do you need a collar for a cat?

Daily brushing to prevent mats is recommended for long hair cats. As mentioned, you will still get mats now and then. The mat breker will help with those. Also, some coat conditioners are helpful for detangling.