PDA

View Full Version : Picture This

Louie and me
02-12-2009, 09:03 AM
OK so there’s a slight rise from the back yard to the front of the house. The snow has melted but left a layer of ice that is now wet with the rain. Louie and I slid down and through the gate going in but managed to stay on our feet. Hmmm how are we going to get back?????

Louie went out first, couldn’t get a grip and slid back through the gate. After two tries, I tried to get ahead of him so I could pull him up. I slid back down through the gate…. Managed to get through and tried to pull Louie up. He slid back down on his bum through the gate and his collar came off. I braced myself against the gate post and a tree, got his collar back on and tried to push him through. Slid back down on his bum again. Finally managed to push him through and onto a clear area. Ended up with one miserable dog with very muddy feet and a muddy bum.

Oh the joys of winter.

Bengalz
02-12-2009, 09:09 AM
:D:D:D Sorry I know it isn't funny but :p How's the bum today??? Has Louie recovered from all this indignation .... Mom:eek: how could you;)

Louie and me
02-12-2009, 09:56 AM
I thought it was funny too after the fact. He's sleeping right now but I think this afternoon we won't be going into the back yard!

Daisy and Delilah
02-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Oh My Gosh!! The joys of winter is right!! That must have been pretty scary at the time. It would certainly scare me! Come to Florida-it's in the 80's here.

I have to confess that I had to smile at the title of the thread. All I could think of was Sophia on Golden Girls..........Picture this, Sicily 1932. A young, beautiful, peasant girl..........

IRescue452
02-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Sounds like you could have benefited from doing a running slide. Now that would be a sight to see :D:D:D

Louie and me
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Sounds like you could have benefited from doing a running slide. Now that would be a sight to see :D:D:D

I'm thinking of a pully system so we can winch ourselves up!

Flatcoatluver
02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
:D I always feel bad laughing at other's trouble. But your post really painted a good picture. I hope Louie and you are all warm and cozy now!