PDA

View Full Version : funniest bumper sticker

lovemymaltese
09-20-2002, 02:00 PM
I saw the fuinniest bumper sticker on this car today. You know how everyone drives around with a "My child is an honor roll student". Well this bumper sticker said "My child beat up your honor roll student". I thought that I was gonna have to pull over I was laughing so hard.

mugsy
09-20-2002, 02:07 PM
I've seen those before too.. they are funny.

My favorite bumper sticker is:

Help stamp out and abolish redundancy in writing.

lovemymaltese
09-20-2002, 02:09 PM
that's cute too. Some of these bumper stickers are so entertaining. Does anyone else have one to share? This could make a funny thread.

Ann
09-20-2002, 02:24 PM
We actually don't have bumper stickers in Sweden, but I love reading funny ones online, it's one of my lil hobbies :)

http://www.internetbumperstickers.com is one of the best sites for online bumpers, I'll post some more links later if anyone's interested.

Aspen and Misty
09-20-2002, 02:37 PM
We recenlty bought a bumper sticker today. My sister wants to "fix" all guys so they can't I have kids and you then have to past a test to be able to have kids so that there are no bad parents. O yea this is all goign to go on when she is queen of the world. Well she was telling this to her freind Matt so she bougth him this Bumber sticker, it has siscers in front of the words.

Staralize stupid people

gini
09-20-2002, 02:54 PM
It wasn't a bumper sticker, but a sign in the back of a car that I saw just today.

It said HANG UP!!

You have no idea how apt that is for Californians!

Ann
09-20-2002, 02:57 PM
Gini, that is one GREAT bumper sticker!

IMHO, there's nothing as distracting, stupid or unecessary as cellphone talking in the car (unless you're calling the police to report an accident or whatever).

lovemymaltese
09-20-2002, 02:58 PM
yeah I know how those californians are, ha! That is a weird bumper sticker though.

catland
09-20-2002, 03:03 PM
I guess I'm just not getting it today, but I find it odd for a discussion board that is shocked and appalled by any kind of insult or harm to animals, real or imagined, can find threats of violence against children to be funny.

I'm usually one to have a pretty good sense of humor - but bullying in schools is something that just isn't funny.
:confused:

lovemymaltese
09-20-2002, 03:07 PM
Sorry to of offended you, I was not expressing any from of humor about a child getting beat up. The bumper sticker is only for parents whose whild has not made the honor roll and can find humor in that. I myself will be an educator this time next year and do not feel that bullying is funny, sorry that you took it the wrong way.

sasvermont
09-20-2002, 03:21 PM
I once saw a bumper sticker that said "Metermaids eat their young"

lovemymaltese
09-20-2002, 03:29 PM
Are metermaids that cold hearted. Ha! I know the ticket issuers here at the campus I attend are pretty cold. It's probably the same type of thing. LOL :) (Of course we know that sasvermont was implying that we eat our young, just a thought of how cold metermaids can be.)

zippy-kat
09-20-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by lovemymaltese
"My child is an honor roll student".

Have you seen, "Your child may be on the honor roll, but you're still an idiot!" ?

NoahsMommy
09-20-2002, 04:37 PM
FUNNY Zippy!!!! :)

I LOVE: "I don't need to have children, I married one!" This fits my hubby so well! He plays softball, loves going to the toy store and playing with his nieces and nephews....it's worse when we get together with our couple friends and the boys are together! Just like children! :D

Aspen and Misty
09-20-2002, 06:50 PM
I saw a bumper sticker today that said "Mother of Teenagers know why animals eat there young" LOL.

NoahsMommy
09-20-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
I saw a bumper sticker today that said "Mother of Teenagers know why animals eat there young" LOL.

hee hee! :D

turner
09-20-2002, 11:16 PM
I saw one the other day...lets see if I can remember what it said...oh ya

"Keep honkin' - I'm reloading"

Uabassoon
09-21-2002, 03:20 AM
I saw one a few days ago that said "dog is my copilot" and sitting right next to her was a cute black lab mix.

Soledad
09-21-2002, 03:34 AM
I'd rather be smashing imperialism!

Ann
09-21-2002, 04:48 AM
LOL, that's a good one Soledad

Originally posted by catland
I guess I'm just not getting it today, but I find it odd for a discussion board that is shocked and appalled by any kind of insult or harm to animals, real or imagined, can find threats of violence against children to be funny.

I'm usually one to have a pretty good sense of humor - but bullying in schools is something that just isn't funny.

Of course it's not fun to be bullied, but there's a difference between a JOKE and a serious threat. You can't go through life always watching what you say because you're afraid someone will get offended, because you know what? No matter WHAT you say, SOMEONE will ALWAYS be offended. Sad but true. Get what I mean? Just lighten up and try to see the funny in it! :)

Here's two more of those honor roll jokes (To be completely honest, I'm not totally sure what an honor roll student is... Anyone wanna explain?):

My German Shepherd Is Smarter Than Your Honor Student!

Your kid is an honor student. NOW SHUT UP!

mugsy
09-21-2002, 07:42 AM
Ok Ann...coming from a teacher herself. An Honor Roll student is one whose grades are pretty high. At our school, we have a high honors and and an honors. It USED to be quite an honor (oops...that was bad) to be on it, but as in just about everything in education these days, it's been watered down so much that it doesn't mean much. Here's my little soapbox...sorry. I just get tired the people who say, "Oh, you can't do that to them...it might hurt their self esteem." God how I hate that term. What ever happened to succeeding to help your self esteem. Ok...I'm done now.

Turner, I do NOT advocate violence in any way shape or form, but I don't think that the bumper sticker is aimed at the kids. It's aimed at the annoying parents who have to announce it to the world. I think Zippy's sticker fits the actual aim much better, which by the way zip...that one is AWESOME!

Soledad...I LOVE yours! I like intelligent stickers, although the slamming ones are pretty funny too as long as they're kept in perspective.

Ann
09-21-2002, 08:08 AM
Aha I get it then! Thanks for explaining mugsy :)

mugsy
09-21-2002, 08:18 AM
No problem Ann. Generally, you have to have an A or B average to be on it. Sorry I forgot to say that in all my venting! lol

turner
09-21-2002, 08:48 AM
Mugsy,

I wasn't even thinking of it that way!! I took it in a total different way! Now that you pointed it out, no it's not that funny. I don't think it was aiming to kids at all......just stupid people!

Sorry for posting that.....bad, bad

mugsy
09-21-2002, 09:03 AM
Not bad bad turner, just a matter of interpretation.

moosmom
09-21-2002, 01:57 PM
Mugsy,

Great post! I couldn't have said it better. It's all in interpretation. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "Hang up and drive".

One more..."The more I know people, the more I love my cats".

Kfamr
09-21-2002, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ann
[B](To be completely honest, I'm not totally sure what an honor roll student is... Anyone wanna explain?)[quote]

Something i've never been. :p

anna_66
09-21-2002, 02:25 PM
Ok, this is my favorite,
"Stupid people shouldn't breed"!

Kfamr
09-21-2002, 03:08 PM
"I'm trying to see things your way, but i cant get my head up my butt"

OH and i love this one!!!
"If it's too loud, you're too old!" YES!!!!!!

LMAO.
"Buy American" and in the corner it says "Made in China".

OH and theese ones...
"Men have feelings...Just kidding."

"There are two ways to argue with woman. Neither works."

"Please talk to my face, My breasts can't hear you"

AND... the best EVER.

"Boy Bands. The spawn of Satan"

AdoreMyDogs
09-21-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

Have you seen, "Your child may be on the honor roll, but you're still an idiot!" ?

A couple of years ago at a fund raser dog walk for the Michigan Humane Society that I went to with Graham and my husband, we saw a bumper sticker that said:

"My sheltie is better behaved then your honor student".

I thought that was really cute.

One of my all-time favorite bumper stickers says:

"Visualize Whirled Peas". I think it's hilarious :D

aly
09-21-2002, 10:42 PM
There's one that says something like:

My child sold your honor roll student the answers to the exam.

Karen
09-21-2002, 11:06 PM
Okay, this one has a set-up to it. I had a car that had, well, character. It was 12 or 13 years old, light blue car with a black peeling roof, a red driver's side door, and SKY blue primer on the left and right rear fenders - and on the gas cap. It was a Maverick, with freckles (okay, rust spots) on any light-blue areas as well. Like I said, a car with character.

I was a camp counselor that year, and was going to be there on my birthday, so my mom stuck my present hidden in my suitcase. What was it? A bumper-stick that said:

"This is NOT an abandoned car."

AmberLee
09-21-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Karen
..."This is NOT an abandoned car."

Hee, hee, hee

One of my favorites was on a battered car with many, many exotic foreign locale stickers,

a licence plate that read "4N TRVL" ,

and a license plate frame that said "I'd rather be in Katmandu" and ...

a bumper sticker that said, "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore". :D

Aspen and Misty
09-21-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
"My sheltie is better behaved then your honor student".

Thats cause Sheltie's are the smartest doggies out there. :D

Ok, ok, Yea I own one and love a sheltie Guilty..I'll go back to my sheltie loving fan club..Members- 1. :rolleyes:

Ash

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2002, 12:50 AM
These are great. Thanks for sharing them. :) I can't think of any good ones right now to share with you.

gini
09-22-2002, 12:59 AM
Another one that I like is...........

"if you can read this, you are following too close"

catchat
09-22-2002, 01:02 AM
I like the one that says my child beat the cr** out of an honor student!! its not promoting violence, its just funny I think. ive seen the one of mothers of teenagers...

there's some funny ones. I like the one that says hang up, never saw that one, but its perfect!

moosmom
09-22-2002, 09:15 AM
There are SO many funny bumper stickers out there. I've seen ones that poke fun at cats. And although I am CRAZY about cats, I'm not offended by them. It's all in the interpretation.

"Cats...the other white meat"
"I love cats, they taste like chicken"
"Your cat missing?? Look under my tires"
"Ex-husband in trunk"

I also have a bumper sticker on my car that has many people VERY puzzled. I had gone to Provincetown last year with some friends. We went into a shop and I happened to see a cat shaped rainbow kitty. I am heterosexual. But I thought this was really cool and bought one and put in on my car. :eek: Again, it's all in the interpretation.

If I think of anymore funny ones I'll let ya know.

KFMAR, "Talk to my face, my breasts can't hear you" made me roll on the floor laughing so hard!!

AmberLee
09-22-2002, 12:47 PM
Nope, I'm not married and never have been but I do get a grin when I see "I still miss my ex-husband ... but my aim is improving"

Yes, very rude and non-PC of me. ;)

Andie
09-22-2002, 03:42 PM
the 3 bumper stickers on my car:

in lettering going for big to tiny:
This is a test. Try to read as much of this as you can. If you can read all of this then you need to get off my bumper

another 1:

You're just jealous cuz the voices only talk to me!

and the last 1:

Don't interrupt when the voice are talking to me

My Mom has a bumper stick that she put on our screen door instead:

Warm, friendly greeting available only after my morning coffee

We had another one but we don't know what happened to it. It said: Don't Annoy the Crazy Person

:D