PDA

View Full Version : I (heart) Thursday #304!

RICHARD
02-11-2009, 08:01 PM
This is a Valentine's Thursday, Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!

For the Ladies CHOCOLATE and for the men? GO BUY SOME FLOWERS!;)

the DOTD?

Bailey Martini recipe

1 oz Smirnoff® vodka
1 1/2 oz Bailey's® Irish cream

Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into glass.

I wanted to add a squirt of chocolate sauce to it.....DONE?

cassiesmom
02-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Oops, I bought a bunch of daffodils yesterday because they were so cheery and colorful. I obviously failed to wait for Richard's instructions!

It is back to seasonably cold and windy in Chicago - may I have decaf coffee, please?

Medusa
02-12-2009, 08:05 AM
A loaf o' bread, a jug o' wine, I don't need no Valentine. Make my drink Breitenbach's Frostfire wine, please; hold the chocolate. :)

RICHARD
02-12-2009, 09:29 AM
CM,

One hot decaf?

DONE!

Medusa,

Breitenbach's Frostfire wine, please; hold the chocolate.

DONE!
For a minute there I thought I was going to have to stomp some house wine!:D

DJFyrewolf36
02-12-2009, 10:41 AM
CHOCOLATE! Wooo! I'll bring a case of Pocky for everyone and a round of drinks on me for all! This week has been odd...I need to sit back, relax and try to find normal people...

lvpets2002
02-12-2009, 10:55 AM
:love: Well Happy Valentines to All.. Could I have ones of them Drinks please Richard?? Lets me see if I can find Orc & see if he has a Valentines yet.. In the mean time I brought some Roses & Chocolates..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/valentinecategoryimg_small.jpg

Donnaj4962
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I have never joined in on Thursdays, but I usually lurk somewhere in the shadows! I know a clean joke is necessary to join, and I have some Valentine ideas for the guys! **Ladies should most definitely share them with their significant others!**

Valentine’s Day Tips

This is a handy guide that should be as common as a driver’s license in the wallet of every husband, boyfriend, or significant other!!

DANGEROUS: What’s for dinner?
SAFER: Can I help with dinner?
SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.

DANGEROUS: What are you so worked up about?
SAFER: Could you be overreacting?
SAFER: Here’s fifty dollars.

DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?
SAFER: You know, there are a lot of apples left.
SAFER: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?

DANGEROUS: What did you do all day?
SAFER: I hope you didn’t overdo it today.
SAFER: I’ve always loved you in that robe.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday, a safe Friday the 13th, and a loving Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!

May I order a drink now???? :D

slick
02-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Oh, I'd love a DOTD please. :love::love::love:

RedHedd
02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Here's some chocolate covered strawberries to share, oh, and a huge box of See's choclates :love: for everyone!

Catty1
02-12-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm hoping to hear from someone on the internet dating site...he contacted me 3 times before I finally answered.

And no, he is NOT a widowed engineer who travels a lot and dropped his laptop over a week ago! (An original buh-bye line!)

I'll have a Valentine's cranberry juice and soda (or Perrier) with a lime wedge!

Hey - do they even MAKE Perrier any more? :)

smokey the elder
02-12-2009, 02:22 PM
I'll have a DOTD, please. I have some Lindor truffles to share.

KYS
02-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Happy Valentines too everybody on Pet Talk... :love:
I'll bring the Valentine red velvet cupcakes.

RICHARD
02-12-2009, 03:03 PM
KYS,

Cant't get enough of those cupcakes? They really are spectacular!

DOTD?

DONE!

LOL,
Say Chocolate and everyone shows up!

STE,
One Mega DOTD!

And I'll have a truffle, please?

DONE!

C1,
Good luck and hope you get a reply back,
One CJ and perrier-yes, still made!- with a twist.

DONE!

HI Redd.

THanks for sharing, get you a drink?

DONE!

Slick,
I owe you a PM! You sent me a loony once and I am looking to respond in kind!

One DOTD?
DONE!

Donna,
Of course you can order a drink, you passed the test. Lurk, Laugh, and join!

Welcome!
Name your poison!

LP,
YOU ALWAYS make it special with pics! LOL, the orc is probably outside hangning hearts with David-those two are thicker than thieves!

One DOTD and a DONE!

DJ,
OHHHH POCKY as swizzle sticks!

DONE!

P.S. you can't get more normal than out here!

RedHedd
02-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Just got back from a wedding shower luncheon - we had some sort of fluffy pink punch - it was good, but I'm not sure what was in it! :D

I think a nice cuppa ginger tea is in order for now, while I fall into a carbo-coma!

Donnaj4962
02-12-2009, 03:31 PM
I better start out slow.... maybe just a diet soda. Once I know everyone a little better, I may order with alcohol. I can be a little shy at first. Thanks for the welcome!

davidpizzica
02-12-2009, 03:49 PM
RICHARD, he's my buddy and the only one tall enough to put up the Valentine hearts! I'll have a DOTD and do you have any red velvet cupcakes around? After losing the power in the house last night (didn't come back on until 10:00 this morning) I can use something strong!

lvpets2002
02-12-2009, 04:03 PM
:love: WoW everyone come look who I got to take his picture for us.. This will be this one time only of his picture for Valentines.. Orc is going to be nice too & not throw Cupcakes = right Orc!!?? Oh No No Duck David.. Yes Orc I know David said he wanted some Cupcakes.. Buttttt

Please Meet Orc

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/180px-STAGE_ORC.jpg

davidpizzica
02-12-2009, 06:46 PM
I didn't think Orc could clean up so well! Except his fngers are covered in cupcake! (ducks a cupcake)

DJFyrewolf36
02-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Hey guys...its now Friday although it WAS Thursday when I went to work. :rolleyes: Only two more days until a day off! This week has been really odd, at least today was somewhat normal. You guys are crazy enough to be fun but not crazy enough to be creepy lol

A good stiff drink is in order...

RICHARD
02-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Just got back from a wedding shower luncheon - we had some sort of fluffy pink punch - it was good, but I'm not sure what was in it! :D

I think a nice cuppa ginger tea is in order for now, while I fall into a carbo-coma!

One ginger tea and life support? CHOCOLATE!

DONE!

DJ,

One die coke! We have funny hats for when you want to bust loose!

DONE!

David and Orc,

THanks for the doing the decoration details!

One DOTD and a RV cupcake!

DONE!

LP,

Great photo, as usual and don't goad the David or the Orc into any food fights this week? Valentine's day is for lovers, not fighters!:D

DONE!

DJ,

THAT'S what I meant!

A stiff drink?

DONE!

smokey the elder
02-13-2009, 02:37 PM
I'll have a Bailey's martini and a red velvet cupcake! I'm jonesing for all things chocolate.:D

davidpizzica
02-13-2009, 03:41 PM
RICHARD, Orc and I have called a truce for St. Valentine's day. No more cupcake throwing and no more mess in the bar. He gave me his word. Maybe this can stretch beyond tomorrow!

lvpets2002
02-13-2009, 04:01 PM
:love::love: Yes good for the truce.. I have Orc sitting on the couch next to me reading him Fairy Tale Love Stories.. He is all googled eyed right now.. So hope this will last thru tomorrow.. Happy Valentines Day To All:love::love:
RICHARD, Orc and I have called a truce for St. Valentine's day. No more cupcake throwing and no more mess in the bar. He gave me his word. Maybe this can stretch beyond tomorrow!

RICHARD
02-13-2009, 04:11 PM
:love::love: Yes good for the truce.. I have Orc sitting on the couch next to me reading him Fairy Tale Love Stories.. He is all googled eyed right now.. So hope this will last thru tomorrow.. Happy Valentines Day To All:love::love:

LOL, If not you may have to clean up the mess he makes?:D

David,

I believe you!

STE,

One choco martini and a RV cupcake...this is unusual we have a food more than two weeks in a row!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Chocolate!!! I love chocolate!!!

Give me some of everything, please?

Isn't the Daytona 500 this weekend too? :D

RICHARD
02-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Chocolate!!! I love chocolate!!!

Give me some of everything, please?

Isn't the Daytona 500 this weekend too? :D

LOL,
You may be in the running for the Perfect Woman title.

You :love: chocolate and know when the races are on!

DONE!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-14-2009, 03:32 PM
LOL,
You may be in the running for the Perfect Woman title.

You :love: chocolate and know when the races are on!

DONE!:D

Alas, I don't like chicken wings or beer and have no clue as to football! It puts me to sleep!!! :D

Karen
02-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Alas, I don't like chicken wings or beer and have no clue as to football! It puts me to sleep!!! :D

I don't think that precludes you from being "perfect" - after all, that way he doesn't have to share his wings OR his beer. And as long as you don't snore loud enough to disrupt the game, that's good, right? ;)

As this is Thursday's and all the food is allergen-free, I volunteer to make some heart-shaped cranberry scones (scones with dried cranberries in 'em instead of raisins) to share, okay?

I'll even make a big one for the Orc - Orcs need love, too, right?

And yes, Lady, you can have a little nibble, just don't tell Daddy I'm sneaking you pieces, okay?

cassiesmom
02-14-2009, 07:47 PM
My upstairs neighbor's granddaughter, who is in second grade, told me this joke. I'm offering it as the occasional joke required for entry to Thursdays.

Q. What time is it when an elephant sits down on your sofa?
A. Time to get a new sofa!

She is 7 and cracks herself up when she tells it :)

DJFyrewolf36
02-14-2009, 11:16 PM
All the jokes I can think of right now aren't exactly appropriate...geez lol. :p I promise to find a clean joke...as Im sure I haven't posted one in a while

Can I still get a Mtn Dew and a Midori Sour please? They are my two favorite drinks in the whole world! I need a pick me up, only gotta get through one more day of work and its my weekend woo!

RICHARD
02-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Dang,

It's cold and I am in the mood for fire and something hot to eat!

I am stoking up the fire while I think!

Medusa
02-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Dang,

Oooh, it went all the way down to 55 and RICHARD is cold. Waaaa! Have some chili and thank your lucky stars that you don't live here in the frozen tundra. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
02-17-2009, 12:18 AM
Oooh, it went all the way down to 55 and RICHARD is cold. Waaaa! Have some chili and thank your lucky stars that you don't live here in the frozen tundra. :rolleyes:

Chili?

Sounds good!

DONE!

I just back up to the fireplace and unfreeze my Tundra!;)

blue
02-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Somebody turn on the AC and open their windows! The snow on my roof is melting onto my grill.

Ild move the grill but my porch is small and the grill is still frrozen to it.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Chili sounds great to me!
*holds out bowl* Fill er up, please? :)

lvpets2002
02-17-2009, 02:41 PM
:cool: Hows about some Peppers & Crackers withs my bowl of Chili too Please.. Come on Orc lets get some bowls & Chili served.. Remember Orc your still going to be nice Right.?.?
Chili sounds great to me!
*holds out bowl* Fill er up, please? :)

RICHARD
02-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Somebody turn on the AC and open their windows! The snow on my roof is melting onto my grill.

Ild move the grill but my porch is small and the grill is still frrozen to it.

Yikes!!!!!

Come sit on the porch outside the bar..No snow or rain!

MOFF and LP,

I just took a pot of pork in green chile sauce off the stove....Lordy- I am going to marry myself!

Or you can have your red chili!

Either way!

DONE!

lvpets2002
02-17-2009, 04:26 PM
:eek: Oh WoW Pork in Green Chili Sauce sounds Good.. Please gives me & Orc a bowl of that.. Could we have a slice of bread in case the Chili is a bit to Spicy Hot..:cool:

davidpizzica
02-17-2009, 05:35 PM
RICHARD, that pork in green chili looks and smells fantastic! Let me have a big bowl and a slushie. I'll stay here and watch Orc. RICHARD, isn't there a law against marrying yourself??

lvpets2002
02-18-2009, 11:59 AM
:p:rolleyes: Well I was thinking the same thing Butttt.. I know we will let Richard marry Orc..:D
RICHARD, isn't there a law against marrying yourself??

smokey the elder
02-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Pork in green chili sauce sounds great! Does it use tomatillos? I used to think they were gross, then had a Mexican prep with them in it-YUM!

davidpizzica
02-18-2009, 12:26 PM
:p:rolleyes: Well I was thinking the same thing Butttt.. I know we will let Richard marry Orc..:D

Wouldn't those two make a fine couple?? I just had a mental image of Orc in a wedding dress! I could be best man!

lvpets2002
02-18-2009, 12:55 PM
:p Whats you mean Orc in a dress.. I was thinking we would put Richard in the dress..:D Hey I could be Maid of Honor.. I am sure glad we live in diff state from Richard so he cant hit us..:p
Wouldn't those two make a fine couple?? I just had a mental image of Orc in a wedding dress! I could be best man!

cassiesmom
02-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Is it Thursday #305 yet? Laissez les bons temps rouler! May I have Cafe du Monde, please?

cassiesmom
02-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Dang,

Hot in temperature, or hot in seasoning? ¿Comida caliente?

davidpizzica
02-18-2009, 01:09 PM
:p Whats you mean Orc in a dress.. I was thinking we would put Richard in the dress..:D Hey I could be Maid of Honor.. I am sure glad we live in diff state from Richard so he cant hit us..:p

I forgot about that. Didn't RICHARD wear high heels at one time? I so glad I'm even further east than you!

lvpets2002
02-18-2009, 02:20 PM
:eek: WoW he sure did say He had on high heels for some party one time..:p He sure needs to catch up on some reading here & defend him self.. :D
I forgot about that. Didn't RICHARD wear high heels at one time? I so glad I'm even further east than you!

RICHARD
02-18-2009, 06:39 PM
:eek: Oh WoW Pork in Green Chili Sauce sounds Good.. Please gives me & Orc a bowl of that.. Could we have a slice of bread in case the Chili is a bit to Spicy Hot..:cool:

It's mild and how's about a french roll to go with that?

Two orders coming right up!
DONE!

David,
Who knows, the laws change so often these days!:D

One bowl of!

DONE!

LOL, I have been know to Walk on the Wild side at costume parties and in skits~

STE

I posted the recipe in the Recipe thread....It's written in Man-glish but if you want to make some PM me and I'll answer any ???? you have, I can also walk you thru a green salsa if you like!

One bowl? DONE!