PDA

View Full Version : Warning- Discriminatory- long hairs only!!

Cataholic
09-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Do any of you (and I know you do, I just want to talk about it) have kitties with hair that goes through their toes? My cat, Tenny, who has the longest hair in the world, it seems, has strands of hair at least 2 inches long stringing though his toes...!

It is soooo funny looking. I do wonder if I should trim it...should I?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

moosmom
09-20-2002, 01:30 PM
Cataholic,

I have an American Curl, Carly the Curly Girl, who has long fur in her toes. She absolutely HATES it touched (I think it tickles her). She's a long hair tiger complete with ear tufts and feet tufts :rolleyes: . Unless the fur is interfering with his everyday life, I'd leave it. I think it gives them character :D .

Does Tenny have any Maine Coon in him? That is one of characteristics of an MC. Got a picture you can post? I'd love to see it!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-20-2002, 01:45 PM
Peanut has the little toe tufts too, and I think they are sooo cute. She doesn't like them touched either, because it's ticklish I presume. :) They don't bother her at all, but they aren't two inches long either. :eek: I believe she has some MC in her, but have no proof of it, but she has the ear tufts too. I'll have to see if I can find a picture showing her little toe tufts. :)

Cataholic
09-20-2002, 01:45 PM
Well, Tenny is a large boy, weighing in at 16 lbs...but he doesn't have that longish length that MC seem to have, but I really am not that familar with the breed. I do have a photo or two million, but am still working on learning how to post. I will post all the babies soon, including Tenny, the hairy toed wonder!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-20-2002, 01:59 PM
Here are two pictures that somewhat show her little tufts. Sometimes they show up better than others, and I guess I don't have any real good pictures of them.....guess I'll have to get my camera out again. :D

This is such a goofy pose that I had to include it. The tufts on her back feet aren't as noticible as on the front, but you can see them sticking out a little bit here.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/p8e9c0e6215dff25bc7f9dcbd2d9c5888/fdb4ed41.jpg

And here's one of the front feet. Not a good shot of her tufts, but at least you get the idea. :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid33/p6b92c09c91b0b11724ac0c7130eed56c/fd41128d.jpg

Cataholic
09-20-2002, 03:26 PM
Well, Tenny seems to have ear tufts, too. I must get pictures of him on here!:mad:

Uabassoon
09-20-2002, 03:31 PM
Tibby has ear tuffts, I hope that when she gets bigger she will have tuffts between her toes because I think it's so cute. But she's cute anyways. :D

NoahsMommy
09-20-2002, 05:00 PM
How CUTE!!!! What great shots of their furry footsies! :D

Mawmee said to show you my purty paws....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p18d8d6573380dfb65957b0c4a23c5fe6/fd6c76a3.jpg

shais_mom
09-21-2002, 01:55 AM
Kylie has the ear tuffs and the toe tufts.
She doesn't like it when I play with them either b/c they tickle and I love her soft paws. I would be leery of cutting them unless they are bothering him b/c I would be afraid of cutting a pad on their foot. Kylie doesn't like me to mess with her feet. period!

AmberLee
09-21-2002, 11:07 AM
Half and half here.

Livvy is a long hair and has the toe tufts but no ear tufts.

Cassy is DSH and has ear tufts but no toe tufts.

Isn't it interesting what variations are possible?

krazyaboutkatz
09-21-2002, 09:19 PM
Storm and Pepper both have toe tuffs. Pepper has ear tufts too. Here's Pepper's paws. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p5d1593164eaa130e351411e08c4e34d7/fd735bed.jpg

Here's Storm's paws. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/pcc45b43a2bd4707222fec48c6577d74f/fd735bea.jpg

I think that Storm could possibly have some Maine Coon in him. Pepper has some kind of furry cat in him. I think that both of his parents must of had long hair because he's my very furry baby. :D

Chinadoll
09-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Oh!! I love Storm's pink paw pads!! They're so cute. I know I'm strange. I love cat's paw pads and noses.

Bixby has the hair grown out between his toes too. It definetly makes nail clipping more challenging.

jenluckenbach
09-23-2002, 03:06 PM
I am a pet groomer and the greatest majority of cats coming in for grooming who have the long hair on the feet DO NOT get it cut off. If you do trim it though, under no circumstances use a scissor. Even the pros will not take this risk. A clipper with a very short blade will do the trick, assuming the cat will allow it. (yes they are very ticklish and sometimes fight this trimming).. But most owners, myself included, LOVE this hair.

moosmom
09-23-2002, 03:18 PM
I was clipping Carly's nails last night and noticed the tufts. Geez!!! They are longer than I thought! And she kept pulling her paws back everytime I went to extend one of her claws. I love them though!

Cataholic
10-02-2002, 10:45 AM
Guess What????? I took Tenny to the groomers today and she asked if I wanted to shave his feet hairs!!!!!

I said NO WAY...not after my thred on PT!!!! She told me "most" people wanted it done, cause they didn't like the fact it carried litter across the room...can you believe it? I am with China Doll...I love his feet hairs...stinky as they might be! I will simply wash them for him...:D :D :D

Barbara
10-02-2002, 11:20 AM
Chinadoll: "I love cat's paw pads and noses"

You aren't strange. I love them too (and sometimes I have to bite tenderly Filou's pretty ears....)

And Catherine Mansfield once said her baby kittens had paws like unripe raspberries -isn't that sweet?

Cataholic
10-02-2002, 11:25 AM
Unripe Raspberries!!! So cute! And, some of them are like unripe Blackberries!!! I don't bite my cats ears..but I do confess to mouthing their necks sometimes..like they do to me! And, using their tails as pretend microphones...and sing into them!:D

krazyaboutkatz
10-03-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
And, using their tails as pretend microphones...and sing into them!:D :D LOL:D Too funny. :D

AmberLee
10-03-2002, 12:38 AM
...using their tails as pretend microphones...and sing into them!

Hmm, I never tried that one! Here, kitty-kitty-kitty! :D

Cataholic
10-03-2002, 09:27 AM
My old boy, Texas, knows when I am playing his tail. He loves it (I swear he does). As soon as I release it, he manages to flip it back my way! Plus, no complaints about my singing...

Now, on to the groomer topic....hmmmmm I don't think I loved the job she did, though Tenny smells like a bouquet! It seems like she 'thinned' him some...is that typical? He is a long haired monster, and he doesn't seem as long or thick. Could be I am just overreacting, but I don't think he looks the absolute dream he did the first time he went (to another salon). But the smell, oh the smell!:)

Vio&Juni
10-03-2002, 09:36 AM
And, using their tails as pretend microphones...and sing into them!:D
My sister was talking to Juni once and she wasn't paying any attention to my sister. My sister just picked up Juni's tail and said into it - May I have your attention, please?
It sounded as Eminem's line. We had a good lough, it was so instantaneous.