PDA

View Full Version : My poor little buddy

catnapper
02-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Cameron has his first big boy sickness... not just a sniffle, but a major case of the yuckies. He's been running a LOW temp (only 94 degrees :confused: ) and is vomiting profusely. He's scared and confused. Right now, he's sound asleep in bed next to me.... in his 5th set of jammies (he'd "messed" the other 4) and we're on the 3rd towel coving the pillows since the pillow cases were the first casualty of his tummy distress.

I could tell he wasn't feeling well yesterday and bought "mennin" (his word for medicine). The "mennin" isn't doing him any good tonight because its just not getting down to do its job. Poor baby :( :( :( I know how miserable he must be feeling.

Grandmom left work early today because she had a major headache.... I sure hope this isn't what's in store for me later this week. :eek:

cassiesmom
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Oh, Cameron I am so sorry you're sick! I hope your tummy settles down very soon!

Medusa
02-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Hoping that Cameron doesn't get dehydrated and sending up many prayers.....

jennielynn1970
02-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I was going to recommend that when the stomach is upset, and meds upset it, the best thing to do is just give ice chips and when it can be handled, broth. Peach juice, from the can, NOT the peaches themselves, is also an old remedy to be used as well. It's gotten me through many a non-eating weekend/week.

Sometimes the meds are just adding "insult to injury" and making the tummy worse.

Taz_Zoee
02-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Awww, poor little guy. There is definitely "stuff" going around. The flu and horrible head colds. I can only recommend vitamin C and extra sleep to possibly help you not get sick. I don't think there is a way to avoid the flu though. :(

Laura's Babies
02-10-2009, 10:19 PM
That is going around, spreading like wildfire too... It starts with a headache...

K9karen
02-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah, it was on the news that Pa is getting hit really baaad, esp. the last week or so. Poor Cameron. I hate when kids are sick. They get so confused.

When I was an itty bitty..OK..decades ago...the doc recommended Coke syrup. Yep, the thick, sweet stuff they use without the seltzer. Not only is it yummy in the tummy, it helps coat the belly and makes a little kid feel so much better. I despise water when I'm sick, it tastes yukky to me, so I opt for some flat ginger ale. Maybe the widdle pumpkin will drink that. Don't want him to get dehydrated.

I hope you don't get sick. Cameron needs his grammy. Feel better everyone!

Medusa
02-11-2009, 05:56 AM
When my son was 10 1/2 months old, he caught a virus of some sort and vomited and had diarrhea. The dr. on the nearby Navy base recommended weak tea and jello water but he was too dehydrated by then and had to be hospitalized. Just watch that he doesn't become dehydrated. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
02-11-2009, 07:28 AM
I hope Cameron feels better soon. Poor little man.

I've also heard that juice from canned peaches is good for settling the stomach.

I despise water when I'm sick, it tastes yukky to me, so I opt for some flat ginger ale. Maybe the widdle pumpkin will drink that. Don't want him to get dehydrated.
I don't like to drink water when I'm sick either. I usually mix sprite and orange juice together and drink that.

smokey the elder
02-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Poor little guy. I hope he feels better.

4 Dog Mother
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM
It is horrible when little ones are sick. And the biggest problem with the "yuckies" is dehydration like others have mentioned. When mine were little a hundred years ago or so, the doctor recommended Pedialyte because it also has electrolytes that the kids need. It is still available today and even comes in flavors now. We also use flat gingerale or seven-up. Small sips at a time and of course, saltine crackers. Hope Cameron feels better soon and grandmom doesn't get it!

Karen
02-13-2009, 01:54 PM
I hope he is over the "yuckies" and the rest of the household didn't catch it!