PDA

View Full Version : Having a pity party, care to join???

moosmom
02-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Every year around this time, I get into a sobbing depression. It has to do with my birthday and my life in general.

I got up this morning feeling awful (not sick but in a funk). I sat on my futon crying into my coffee. Usually my birthday doesn't bother me. But this year it's really doing a number on me. The idea of turning 56 scares me because it makes me realize that half (if I live to 100) my life is over. What do I have to show for it?? Not a damn thing. I see what other people have and how they don't blink an eye at a purse costing what I make in a year while I'm eating macaroni and butter wondering whether I'm going to be able to meet all my bills this month.

The last time I had such a meltdown was on my 30th birthday. It was awful. I stayed in my apartment for 3 days in my pj's crying into a pillow while the state was blanketed with almost 3 feet of snow.

In AA, they say "this too shall pass". I just wish it would hurry up cuz I'm tired of looking like crap (bags, red eyes from crying) and crying uncontrollably.

Sirrahsim
02-10-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't have any words that will help, but here is a big hug for you!

((((((HUG)))))

Karen
02-10-2009, 04:37 PM
What do you have to show for it?
A whole lot of friends who love you ...
A nekkid kitty who absolutely adores you more than anyone in the whole world
Other kitties who owe their lives and happiness to you
A daughter who is a survivor and making her way in the world
Countless positive impacts on the lives of others through everyday interactions
Far less clutter than people with money to burn
A hobby/business that takes plain things and makes them pretty and makes people smile ...

And us!

Sending you a big, firm hug.

Medusa
02-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Pack those bags that are under your eyes and come visit me for a weekend. LOL

I'd love to be 56 again. I was still having periods at 56. (Sorry, guys.) Don't have a pity party, Donna girl. Just have a party. Call your friends, tell them to bring a covered dish for your birthday and celebrate. And give your fur purr clan some hugs and scritchies. That'll make you feel better. Keep the faythe, girlfriend. :love:

lvpets2002
02-10-2009, 04:50 PM
:) Hey I will say the same as Karen.. Each day is a struggle with the whole world v/s bills to pay.. Hey just look at those Kitty Babies of yours.. They are the ones that would not have nothing if it was not for your Love & Concern & Caring for them.. Donna fight for each & every day you can have with your babies.. You know when I am in the dumps I first look at all my babies & cuddle them.. Then I go look into the mirror at myself & it does not seem so bad after all.. I also think of all the Handicap people & pets that are born each day & have to survive.. Most dont even know that they are handicap.. Now you think you are scared turning 56.. Hey this Birthday is my 50th one & I am like EEkkkkssss.. Like you I feel that half of my life is over.. Cheer Up Dear.. BiGg HuGGss..

Randi
02-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Donna, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so down, I do too from time to time. One thing that works for me is get busy with something, and within a few days you'll find lots of new positive things happening that you'd never even thought of. :) A bummer though to be low on money, but you'll get though that too, with a bit of discipline. ;)

Oh, and 56 is not old - it's a lot better than the alternative. Cheer up! :D

Daisy and Delilah
02-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Donna, I think I was 56 when I went through the same thing. I had a talk with myself. I concluded that I had a choice and that was:

1. I could let it get me down and make myself feel worse. Or....

2. I could snap out of it and make the best of every minute and enjoy the second 56 years.:)

I had to pick number 2. I hope you do too. Instead of thinking of what you don't have, love what you do have and make the next 56 years the best ever!!:) :) :)

Don't forget that you're wasting valuable time if you let it bother you. Time that could be well spent making yourself feel great.:D

catnapper
02-10-2009, 05:40 PM
(((((HUGS))))) YOu know I understand the whole depression thing. You certainly know you also have a LOT to show for your life. The work you've done for animal rights will stand testament forever!

Medusa
02-10-2009, 05:50 PM
(((((HUGS)))))The work you've done for animal rights will stand testament forever!

Amen to that! And besides, the people who appear to have so much are more than likely mortgaged to the hilt and deep in credit card debt, so don't waste your time thinking about their expensive purses, etc. They probably wish that they had a simpler life. :)

Laura's Babies
02-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Call your friends, tell them to bring a covered dish for your birthday and celebrate. And give your fur purr clan some hugs and scritchies

Now that sounds like a great plan!

I don't remember going through that when I turned 56 or at any age so far.. Maybe this year but I got more love than I can handle right here sitting in my lap... and a line waiting for this one to move.

pomtzu
02-10-2009, 06:03 PM
I've had a couple of those parties myself and don't intend to have anymore. They just don't accomplish anything.

I'm going to be 65 in a couple of months - wanna come party with me??? It won't be a pity party - more like a celebration that I actually made it this far!!!

Come on Donna - cheer up! Or do I have to sic Josh Groban on you?? :love:

Scooter's Mom
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Donna, all I have to say is ((hugs)) and :love: ya.
Check your pm's.

Crystal

Catty1
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi, Donna!

Hey, you called me after my Sir Jury and we had some great talks! It was so fantastic to have someone with a heart call me!

And you have hurt and grown and learned and got better. :love:

My business startup bills are high, my car hasn't sold, I have 2 accidents and facing paying a deductible of $1,000.

It sucks. I was totally bummed, still am, but I am going forward.

You also give a lot of yourself, and maybe you need a good refill (not THAT kind! ;) )

Don't compare your insides with someone else's outsides.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

davidpizzica
02-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Donna, you have a lot to show for your life. Your love of animals is incredible. You've given homes to cats who otherwise would be not with us now. You have great creativity in making those picture frames. You make a guy in Pittsburgh feel good when he talks to you. Yes, you do have a lot to show, and a lot of giving of yourself yet to come. Don't worry about becoming 56, to me you're doing good now. {{{{HUGS}}}}!

shepgirl
02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I think we all have some of those funky days. Right now our weather is so blah I'm just dragging around. Look at what you have instead of what you don't have. If those kitties of yours could talk they would tell you what you have...listen to their sounds of contentment and their well fed looks and you will feel rich.
Work on that new hobby/business you started, it might surprise you in a few years.
Most importantly if you have your health, you have it all. Nothing else matters, believe me.

Hoping you will shake this feeling and realize material stuff just doesn't matter.

cassiesmom
02-10-2009, 07:48 PM
HUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUG

Hug,
Elyse

RipplingWaves55
02-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Keep the faith,
the love,
and believe in yourself.
You can do this.
don't cry - you have more than alot years to go.
hug your million kitties,
lay on the couch with them,
pet them,
scratch their ears,
let them jump all over you,
let them sit in your lap.
cuddle your head to theirs.

That always helps me when I'm sad.

Shania:D:D

Marigold2
02-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Here is a joke to brighten your day.
What did the porkchop say to the steak?

Nice to meat you. LOL

I have to say that you are one of the nicest people here and you have done so much good on this earth.
Nice purses sit on shelves.
You help people and animals.
Doesn't get better then that.

cassiesmom
02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Moosmom, how was your day today?

K9karen
02-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Did I hear Pity Party? You can bring whine and I'll bring the cheese! :D:p

I do have to say, Donna, that I felt that way for a few minutes on my 57th. Then I realized what the alternate was. I always think my best friends have it good, they have great families, always seem happy, but, believe me, they have their problems. I think everybody does. It's just the degree in which they react and step forward to fix them. I admit, I'm a bit slow sometimes, and need a kick in the butt. Hindsight is my buddy.

But, I have a place to live, people who love me and support me, a beautiful, sweet dog, and although I may have some health problems, they're minor to what other people suffer.

I may not have accomplished a lot financially, but mentally and emotionally, I've evolved, and I think I get better every year. Hey! I may have a breakdown tonight, who knows? But I'm a *WTF* type of person. I complain like a banshee, but it's a good release, afterwards, I'm cool.

We love you, girl. We may not be physically assessible to you, but send you hugs and :love:. Kiss some kitties!

Marigold2
02-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Donna last year for my birthday I got diabetes. This year for my 50th I got the flu, feel like poop right now.
How about I bring some flowers to this party, low cal ya know and no sugar and we watch a great fun movie like Chicago or Liar Liar.

Daisy and Delilah
02-12-2009, 08:15 AM
How are you Donna? I've been wondering if you're feeling better.:)

moosmom
02-12-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm doing okay. I know it'll pass. It always does. I'm watching Dr. Phil regarding the idiot mother of the 14 kids. That makes my life look like a coronation.:D

lvpets2002
02-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm doing okay. I know it'll pass. It always does. I'm watching Dr. Phil regarding the idiot mother of the 14 kids. That makes my life look like a coronation.:D

:) Well Donna I am glad you are feeling better.. Now listening to that BattleAxx with the 14 kids just make me want to do this..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/15225.gif

jewellnz
02-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Aww sweetie, i feel for you honestly i do,can i join the party?but seriously, when people say there is always someone worse off than you, they are indeed right, but hey you just don't wanna hear that at the moment eh?

When your are down and out, you are down and out, and nothing will bring you up again, not until you are ready,having a good sob,is a women's therapy in itself i believe, so sob your'e heart out my friend.

I do hope as the week goes by you start to feel a little better , i know it will take time,and i am genuinely sorry you have to feel this way, nothing worse, i completely understand, since turning 50 everything seems to be going downhill for me too, but i guess we just have to go on dont we, where would our beloved furbabies be without us, i always know my children and husband will be ok, but those precious furbabies need me so much, they sure as heck keep me hanging on when feeling low.

Go give them a cuddle and a pat,and like everyone has said, you have done so much good in your life,you are a wonderful person, and i can only hope you will indeed feel better soon HUGS. luv ya xx00:love::)

p.s i don't know why it has logged me in as Jewellnz, but it is I carole from NZ of course.

Daisy and Delilah
02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Good to hear from you, Donna. Sometimes, the news will make us forget all our problems. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Carole, I thought you had a new user name. I've talked to two people today that had their home computers do crazy things.:eek:
What's going on??

moosmom
02-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Thanks SOOOO much everyone. I am feeling better. Having lunch with my former roommate Sara. Then dinner with my daughter Amy and bff Susie at Red Robin (YUM!!!)

carole
02-14-2009, 09:11 PM
A while back i lost my log in, had to sign up again, this is my name for other sites, jewellnz, i may have accidentally logged in by mistake with that user name, don't worry i am going back to being Carole lol:)

Donna glad you are feeling so much better, HUGS to you.

Daisy and Delilah
02-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Glad to hear there's a reason for it, Carole. Sometimes I think computers have minds of their own.:eek: :eek: :eek:

carole
02-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Oh i know what you mean, i am still not certain it was me lol.:)