PDA

View Full Version : Hey there everyone :)

luckies4me
02-10-2009, 12:27 PM
I finally got off my lazy butt and went down to sign up for internet again, so that I can stop hauling my laptop to and from coffee shops and friends houses. Now I can use it in the comfort of my own home. Anyway, I just wanted to stop in General for a bit to see how everyone is doing. Missed you guys! Sometimes life gets a little hectic though and I don't have the time to post.

I enjoyed doing the Christmas card swap. I hope everyone liked my cards! Let me tell you...everywhere I went had the dinkiest cards. Then I saw the little snowmen and thought they were just adorable. hehe. :D

Kai and Dylan are both growing like weeds. :) Kai is now 19 months, and speaks in both English and Spanish. He is a very vocal child...especially as of the past month when he discovered the wonderful world of temper tantrums. :rolleyes:

Dylan is now 7, wearing glasses to correct a vision problem, and looks absolutely adorable in them! I never thought I'd be comfortable with a child of mine in glasses, but he is just the cutest darn thing. He reminds me a lot of that child actor...whatever his name is. Dylan is still an excellent older brother and Kai just LOVES him to pieces!

OMG it's SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: I'll write more in just a bit!

Karen
02-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Good to hear from you! And hey, nothin' wrong with glasses - they make life livable for many of us! :) Enjoy the snow, we've had plenty this year on this coast!

Catty1
02-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi there - glad you are back on the net!

Hope life and job and home are going well! :)

lvpets2002
02-10-2009, 12:39 PM
:) Welcome back & Congrats on the cable hookup.. Glad to hear the kids & family is doing good & well.. I for two say glasses is a good thing or I could not see..:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi there!!! It's great to see you posting again!!
:love::):love:

luckies4me
02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Ya I think I'm in need of a pair too, haha. I don't know why but it seems like since I had children, my vision has deteriorated. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Matt and I are no longer together. It is for the best, and we will remain friends. I am now dating my best friend, who has Leukemia. It's been a struggle going back and forth to doctors appts with him. I've got to see a lot of things I never thought I would since we've been dating though. Like a bone biopsy! I don't know how he goes through that all. A lot of things have changed in just a few short months. But everything is changing for the better. :)

I no longer have a roomate either!!!:D How awesome is that? I don't think I ever want a roomate again. I rather enjoy being alone in this apartment sometimes. It's nice to have my own personal space.

We had a ton of snow in Nov and Dec. In fact it snowed for about two weeks straight. I lost a lot of work at that time, but it was nice to take a little vacation. I'm really hoping it continues to snow throughout the day. I'd love to go to the mountains and play in it before it's all gone. I've been pretty sick this winter so I haven't had a chance to do much.

I just got diagnosed with Lupus. Funny how it took them 2 and a half years to figure that one out. On top of that I also found out I am extremely vitamin D deficient, so everyone, go check your levels!!! It is very common in adults, because we don't take in enough through diet. Plus, since winter I'm pretty much inside all the time. As far as the Lupus goes, I am so thankful to find out! All I wanted was to know what the heck was wrong, and I was getting very frustrated going to and from the doctors for all sorts of tests. I missed about two weeks of work and just went back yesterday. I was in so much pain that I couldn't even get out of bed. My muscles and joints ached so bad. I didn't even have the energy to take care of Kai, so Eddy had him all last week.

It has been 4 days since I started my medication and I cannot tell you how much better I feel already. Since I do have some minor heart problems they put me on prednisone. It is only 5mg every other day.

If anyone here has Lupus and can let me know your experience with it, and wouldn't mind talking to me about it please do! I am trying to gather as much information about it as possible.

I am attaching a few photos of my children, so you all can see how much they've grown. They are just adorable, and I wouldn't trade them for the world!:love:

The one of Dylan in the hospital...my what a story! Thanksgiving day he was running through the house, which he knows not to do, and slid into the entertainment center and severed his ear. Poor guy didn't get to eat Thanksgiving dinner, as he had to be fasted in order to go under general anesthesia that night to repair it. Hopefully he has learned his lesson!!! No running in the house! Especially with socks on hardwood floors!

The one of me giving the thumbs up is the day I got Ickeris tootered. I always take pictures of their surgeries. Medical stuff. You know. :p

luckies4me
02-10-2009, 01:20 PM
As you can see from the photos the doctors did a really good job putting his ear back together. He cut the bottom completely off. The laceration started from the top of the hole in his ear, down the lobe, and back around to the back of his ear, and cut a little bit of the back of his head too. It has healed very nice though.

The last photo is a picture I took outside my work door after the last snow. It was about 7 am and it just looked so peaceful outside.

luckies4me
02-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Also, my stepmother Dottie passed away last month. :( It was a very sad time for us. I loved her like my own mother, and I miss her so very much. This is now the 3rd time my dad is a widow. Three days later my dad had another heart attack. But he is doing very good now. It is very sad watching my parents get "old". It breaks my heart. We're trying to find a way to move my dad to Oregon. We'll see what happens.

My father did get to meet Kai finally last September. That was my main goal for last year. My fathers health is very touchy now so I wanted to make sure they met before he passes away. I know it sounds silly, but I want my children to know who their family is, and it would have broke my heart if they had never met.

Well, I should probably stop talking now. I will try to post some more photos of my chillins later on today if I have the time.

carole
02-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Hi sweetie, so glad to hear from you, i had just started a thread on PT missing members and wrote your name there, when karen informed me you had posted, it is great to hear your life is going good and your babies are indeed growing up fast, take care and drop by more often you are missed you know.:)

luckies4me
02-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Aww, thanks for the kind words. :) Tomorrow I'm taking Kai and Dylan to the unique animal expo and then hopefully (depending on whether), to the zoo!!! :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Good to hear from you again Cass! Kai has the most beautiful eyes... :eek:

luckies4me
02-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Aww, thanks. I love his eyes!

Daisy and Delilah
02-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Welcome back!! You've got alot going on. No wonder you've been missing in action. Great pictures. Stay in touch!!:)

Taz_Zoee
02-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow, its no wonder you haven't been on here in a while. You have been very busy.
I'm sorry about your stepmother and your fathers heart attack.
And poor little Dylan!! That must have been so scary for you and him.

I hope your health continues to improve and things get better for you. :)