PDA

View Full Version : Bj The Unhappy Cat111

catmandu
09-20-2002, 11:46 AM
We have a new arrival at the lost cats hotel,an older siamese cat called Bj,who was in a home with 2 obnoxious little girls,who apparently cannot speak in less than a bellow and stomp around all day.Bj was in the spare room and things wre fine but then he snuck out and was immediatley chased,spit at and swatted at.He has taken refuge on the crawlspace in the basement.I have cleaned it up and left a towel for Bj to sleep on.After5 days things have not changed,and it is sad as BJ is a nice cat and does not deserve to be picked on.If you have a solution please send them to catmandu>[email protected]

Cataholic
09-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Catmandu- I have found that anytime adult cats are introduce, what you are experiencing is the rule, rather than the exception. Five days is not alot of time, so let's let more time pass by. I have heard that it is helpful to let all the cats smell the same..by scenting them all with the same thing. I don't know what it is called. Good luck, and kep us posted!

catmandu
09-21-2002, 09:27 AM
Thank you for the kind words.I have also heard about thecats smelling the same,so if I can I pet one cat,then the other,so it transfers the scent.He has made friends with Michael The Mild,Moose The Magnificent,and Rocca Baton.It does not help that he has a tendacy to try to dominate the other cats,as he was at his cattery longer than most cats due to the fact he could not show.But you are correct,sir,and at the lost cats hotel,he will have all the time he needs to find happiness.Thank you for caring!!!