PDA

View Full Version : That man is my HERO!

Laura's Babies
02-09-2009, 04:13 PM
The Captain of flight 1549! He said he knew he could land that plane safely and he just seems so ordinary and humble to me. I watched it on 60 minutes last night and on the moring show and all I wanted to do was cry, say "THANK YOU" and "THANK GOD it was YOU in the cockpit!". That man will forever be a hero to everyone who's life he saved that day and many, many more, me included.

The whole crew on that plane were hero's, everyone had a job to do and they all did it well, but HE is the one that brought the plane down that made it possiable for the crew to do what they did.

lvpets2002
02-09-2009, 04:18 PM
:) Yes & his home town is Denison Texas.. Woo Hoo.. Yes I as well think Highly of him & his crew.. I Praise his landing due to he has had years years as a pilot && as a Hang Glider.. If you watch his landing = it is of a Hang Glider approach.. He also teachs Safty to diff Airlines..

boomersooner
02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
They were all amazing....He is so well spoken...I had never heard the thing the flight attendants said....they all thought they had landed on a runway...had no idea they were in the water until they looked out the window..guess the pilot would have caused a big panic if the people knew they were going into the Hudson...simply amazing...God definately had his hand on that plane that day!!

beeniesmom
02-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I watched it too and did cry.
What an amazing pilot.

Taz_Zoee
02-09-2009, 09:06 PM
I didn't see what you are referring to, but I did hear some clips of the actual communication between "Sully" and the tower. He sounded completely calm the entire time. They wanted him to turn and go to another airport. He said "We're going down in the Hudson" like it was a normal occurrence.

Definitely a true hero to several people.

smokey the elder
02-10-2009, 07:43 AM
The name of the Captain of the ferry who was the first rescuer was Vince Lombardi(!) I saw clips of the Key to the City ceremony, and an interview. Sully had liquid nitrogen, never mind ice water, running through his veins!

Laura's Babies
02-10-2009, 08:03 AM
I was amazed that he said he saw the boats and knew he had to put it down close to them and DID! How in the world he set that plane down without hitting one of those boats :eek:!!!! There was just so many things that could have happened that didn't... Jesus was in that cockpit, there is no doubt about that.

I certianlly hope when he goes back home that he gets a hero's welcome! If he ever writes a book about it, I know I will get it and have to read it. I am sure that day has changed his life and the lives of everyone on board, for the rest of their lives. I am just in awe of the whole thing.

gini
02-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I read online that he is having trouble sleeping.......I would imagine that he will "relive" that event for some time to come.

What a perfect timing for us to have a hero we can look up to.