PDA

View Full Version : Yummy litter

Randi
02-09-2009, 03:25 PM
When I change Fister's litter, I have caught him nose down in the fresh litter several times, licking away. You would think I was starving him, but it's not that he doesn't have food, there's always two kinds of dry food available.

There must be something in it he absolutely craves. I keep forgetting to ask the vet about it, but will soon!

Does your cat do this?

catmandu
02-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Thats one thing I have never seen a Found Cat do, I wonder if its a mineral deficency , and Fster is trying to correct that.
Or trying to drive his Meeowmie crazy!!!!
:):):)

Barbara
02-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Sounds strange. I never noticed that. Maybe Fister needs some minerals;)

lvpets2002
02-09-2009, 04:28 PM
:) Yes the only time I have seen a cat do that is when he/she is in need of minerals.. Have your vet do a mineral check on this baby.. The litter to your baby is like salt to us.. Their is a mineral this baby wants..

Randi
02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks for your responses. :) I will ask the vet about minerals.

Medusa
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm sorry but I forget, how old is Fister? Puddy started doing that and licking the cement basement floor and Dr. Lee told me that it was a sign of dementia, among other things. Fister isn't that old, is he?

Randi
02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Oh dear, I have been thinking about that also - Fister is 12 years old (13 in May). He also miaws much more for me and wants attention most of the time, when he's not sleeping. He even comes during the night for cuddles.

lvpets2002
02-10-2009, 02:45 PM
:) Back when I first saw this was when I had two kittens.. They were strays & yes they had some sick issues.. Now they could have had some mental problems.. But they did not have dementia.. Thats when my vet said they had a vitamin lacking problem.. Sure thing we figured out the problem & put them on high vits & all was good..
I'm sorry but I forget, how old is Fister? Puddy started doing that and licking the cement basement floor and Dr. Lee told me that it was a sign of dementia, among other things. Fister isn't that old, is he?

Medusa
02-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Oh dear, I have been thinking about that also - Fister is 12 years old (13 in May). He also miaws much more for me and wants attention most of the time, when he's not sleeping. He even comes during the night for cuddles.

I don't know; that seems rather young to me. Perhaps it's as others suggested, that he's lacking in some mineral. We should get Lara (Emeraldgreen) on the case. She's so good at finding info that others can't.