PDA

View Full Version : Cat just messed up my laptop touchpad, can you help me?

Moesha
02-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I had my computer on my lap and Aroara just came over and stood on the keys briefly then left. I did not hear any beeps, but after she left, I can no longer use the touch pad to scroll down web pages. Usually if I click on the far right side of the pad and drag my finger, the web page will scroll. I use this all the time. I don't know what button she may have stepped on to turn it off. Any ideas? I'm searching online and looking at my control panel to see if I can find any answers. I have an Acer Aspire 9410.

Scooter's Mom
02-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Does your laptop have a scroll lock button? If so, try that.

That's all of my wisdom for you.

Moesha
02-08-2009, 07:53 PM
I tried that and it didn't seem to do anything. Oddly, it is working now. I didn't really do anything. It just started on its own. Very strange. Another odd thing is that it used to show like a little scrolling bar when I was using that feature as the mouse pointer. Now it is working but still just shows the regular arrow pointer. I wish I knew what she did. Just as it started working, she came walking back over here like I was going to let her get back on it!

Hellow
02-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I have no clue, apart from a wire coming loose inside the case.

Moesha
02-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks Reggie. You were my main hope. LOL Actually the little scroll mouse pointer is showing up on screens when I scroll now, except for web pages. It is very odd indeed! Maybe it will all be back to normal tomorrow.

Hellow
02-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Have you tried restarting the computer? Some things are magically fixed XD.

Moesha
02-08-2009, 09:06 PM
No, because I have 20+ web pages opened at the moment. As long as it is working now, I won't worry about if it is an arrow or a scroll icon for the mouse pointer. LOL Maybe when I reboot the next time, it will be fixed. :)

RICHARD
02-08-2009, 11:04 PM
I tried that and it didn't seem to do anything. Oddly, it is working now. I didn't really do anything. It just started on its own. Very strange. Another odd thing is that it used to show like a little scrolling bar when I was using that feature as the mouse pointer. Now it is working but still just shows the regular arrow pointer. I wish I knew what she did. Just as it started working, she came walking back over here like I was going to let her get back on it!

Hmmmm, ya think?:D

Moesha
05-11-2009, 10:18 PM
She just did it again!

Pinot's Mom
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-cat-is-on-your-computer.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help it!!

I hope it's all OK tomorrow! :)

kokopup
05-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Sounds like you have a needy cat. Maybe she is trying to say it is time to reboot. Come on mom, belly rubs.:D

Moesha
05-12-2009, 03:48 PM
LOL Pinot's Mom...that looks just like Morgan, except he is always facing me.

The scrolling fixed itself again. I just wish I knew what to do because it drives me crazy until it corrects itself.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-12-2009, 04:54 PM
My laptop does that too, sometimes. Never figured out why, or how to fix it, but I just restart my computer and it's fine.

Catlady711
05-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Maybe have the kitty sit on the laptop again and it might undo whatever she did? lol:D

I hope whatever it is resolves itself and doesn't give you any more problems.

catnapper
05-13-2009, 07:29 PM
hmmmm.... from experience, it sounds as if she did what Pouncer is famous for: making my computer open up a zillion windows by pressing a button (no idea which one!) so many times, the poor computer froze while opening up the windows. As soon as all the windows pop up, my computer works again.