PDA

View Full Version : Born Again American.

shais_mom
02-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Not for argument. If anyone starts something nasty, I'm deleting this, I don't care who it is.
Take this in the spirit its intended.

We need to get our country back. Our Jobs back.
America's Soul back.

http://www.bornagainamerican.org/

kitten645
02-08-2009, 03:32 AM
Not negative..not nasty..not arguing but I don't get what this is about. Checked out the home site and get a little of the point but the video...you lost me at "My Bible and my Bill of Rights"
Can you clarify? I do think everyone needs to be more involved in their community/politics/changes etc. There are lots of reasons we are in the mess we are in now. It's up to us to change it. I believe in this country and I think we can.
:love:

Sirrahsim
02-08-2009, 09:03 AM
It's a beautiful sentiment. :love:

Laura's Babies
02-08-2009, 09:37 AM
That was absolutely beautiful!!! I LOVED it!

Catty1
02-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I have to leave shortly, so didn't listen to the song - but at a glance it seems that this is what the new President was saying too. Everyone needs to bring back the country - one person (POTUS) is not a magician and can't do it alone.

Most Canadians are still waiting for a charismatic, inspiring leader. :rolleyes: The new leader of the Liberal Party spent many years as a teacher and prof, and wrote some books, so maybe he is able to get the 'class' to listen. ;)

Great stuff.

shais_mom
02-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Not negative..not nasty..not arguing but I don't get what this is about. Checked out the home site and get a little of the point but the video...you lost me at "My Bible and my Bill of Rights"
Can you clarify? I do think everyone needs to be more involved in their community/politics/changes etc. There are lots of reasons we are in the mess we are in now. It's up to us to change it. I believe in this country and I think we can.
:love:

did you listen to the video/song?
that's why I posted the link
I thought the song was a beautiful message if you listen to it. that's why I posted it.
of all the negative things posted in this section, silly things posted in general I thought this had a beautiful message.
Something postive once in a while especially when there's a handful of people who argue if one of them says the sky is blue the other.
oh well that's why I stay out of the dog house.:love:

sasvermont
02-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I copied the below information from the "about us" page of the web site:

Born Again American is committed to the rebirth and re-expression of citizenship through informed and thoughtful activism. It is an initiative of Declare Yourself, a national non-partisan, non-profit (501(c)3) organization dedicated to increasing young voter participation and civic involvement. Declare Yourself’s on-line voter registration tool has been used by almost four million people since 2004. Declare Yourself grew out of the 2003’s Declaration of Independence Road Trip that toured an original 1776 copy of the Declaration to schools, town halls, and other locations all over the country.

About the Video -Our founder, TV producer and philanthropist Norman Lear, was talking with Academy Award-winning songwriter Keith Carradine one night, and the Born Again American video was, well, born. It took the efforts of Director Mark Johnson of Playing for Change, Producer Brent Miller, and 16 performers and two choruses to bring Keith’s song to life in 14 iconic locations around the USA. The singers and musicians, non-professionals all, were chosen because they are living the lyrics in these troubled times, not just performing them.

It is a little too much flag waving for me, but I do believe in the concept. I loved the music and the arrangement/video.

I think it will take much more than this web site to get the democrats and republicans to be "citizens" that agree. I personally don't give a hoot what you believe in - dem or rep - but we must believe in the country as a whole.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-08-2009, 06:15 PM
I loved it!!!

I've noticed over my lifetime how the government seems to no longer be working for our country; for the people but themselves and their special interests.

Time to be turn our country around and be proud to be Americans again. :love: :)

moosmom
02-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Staci,

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing such an inspirational clip. I believe in this country and I also believe in our POTUS. Change doesn't happen overnight. I hope people realize that.