PDA

View Full Version : I'm pregnant!

wolfsoul
02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
I spent the last week in Cuba and after a few days being there, I just had this "FEELING" that I was pregnant. My first day back (yesterday), I took the test, and it was positive! I knew it!

I'm terrified and excited at the same time. I believe I am exactly a month along, maybe a bit less. My cycle is always messed up and I'm pretty sure I was ovulating during my period. If I'm right I'd be due in early October, which is what I want because I want a Libra baby. My doctor's appointment is Monday but I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can get in sooner; My hypoglycemia is getting quite bad all of a sudden and I don't want it to eventually turn into gestational diabetes.

I've been eating super healthy (which I do anyways!), and so far all I've been craving is meat (which would be my hypoglycemia talking -- I'll need to up my protein big time). I want a turkey sandwich so bad!! My prenatal pills aren't making me sick but I do feel a bit nauseous after taking them. No morning sickness. My breasts don't hurt. My lower back hurts every now and then but not bad. So far it's a really good pregnancy.
My only issue is my hypoglycemia -- it's been so under control for the last few months, but now the last week it has been very angry with me. I take digestive enzymes and pancreatin, and normally I take PGx, but went off of it a few months ago, and now may need to go back on it again except the bottle says to talk to my doctor if I'm pregnant. My poor pancreas. It will be lots and lots of protein for me and low GI foods.

I'm still working out at the gym and using the steam room almost every day as I want to stay fit and healthy. I'm already looking into prenatal classes and prenatal yoga.

Kyle thinks it's a boy, but I know it's a girl. I don't even want a girl, I want a boy; I just know it's a girl! LOL. We're having a hard time agreeing on girl names so this might get tricky. We decided on a Western-themed nursery for a girl and an excavating/heavy machinery (Kyle's line of work) theme for a boy.

Anyways, I'm excited! Thought I would share. Visa and I will both be having babies this year. Her frozen semen has arrived in Vancouver and it's ready when she is. I will have my hands full this year. :)

prechrswife
02-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Congratulations!!!:D

Taz_Zoee
02-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Congratulations!!
This is going to be a busy PT baby year!! :D :D I can't wait to see pictures of all the baby PTers. :)

Freedom
02-04-2009, 10:35 PM
How exciting~! Congratulations.

AllAmericanPUP
02-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Congrats!
I really like your room theme ideas, very cool!

ramanth
02-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Congrats!

Karen
02-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Congratulations.

K9karen
02-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Congratulations! Love those Libras! Nice Going.

Daisy and Delilah
02-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Congratulations!!!!!:) :) :)

Medusa
02-05-2009, 05:21 AM
Congrats! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
02-05-2009, 06:34 AM
Congratulations!

Kick the steam room though. Steam rooms and HOT baths are out while you're pregnant. :(

finn's mom
02-05-2009, 07:10 AM
That is awesome news, love the room ideas...I keep thinking Dr Seuss for ours, either way. ;) I agree with Kari, ask your doctor about the steam room.

wolfsoul
02-05-2009, 07:31 AM
Thanks everyone!

Congratulations!

Kick the steam room though. Steam rooms and HOT baths are out while you're pregnant. :(
I hadn't even thought about that! :eek: Thanks!!

Husky_mom
02-05-2009, 11:21 AM
yay!!... double congrats!!...

love your themes....so many babies... perhaps this is indeed the year of the PT babies...:D

Cookiebaker
02-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Congratulations! :)

lvpets2002
02-05-2009, 03:13 PM
:eek: WoW we are going to be busy this year of 2009.. Several PTrs are Pregnant.. Many Congrats.. For Sure No More Steam or Hot Baths..

KYS
02-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Congratulations!!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Congratulations! :)

kimlovescats
02-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Congratulations!:d

carole
02-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Congratulations to you both, yes indeed there are so many Pter's preggy this year, i think we need to have a list of them again, i am loosing track, wonderful news, i hope your pregnancy goes well and your baby is healthy.

beeniesmom
02-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Congratulations! So HAPPPPPPYYYYY! :D
2009 is a good year for babies!

PS: EAT A BIG BOWL OF PASTA and you will feel better. :)

sabies
02-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Congratulations! I agree with others that steam rooms are out while pregnant though I admit to taking long hot showers with my pregnancies. It is hard to do everything you're supposed to!

I hope your hypoglycemia stays in control. Just keep working closely with your doctor. It sounds like you're doing what you can. I hope morning sickness continues to stay away!! That's no fun!

We do seem to have a lot of PT babies again, and you can include me too. I was part of the 2007 PT babies and now I am due again in May and it can't come soon enough!

beeniesmom
02-08-2009, 01:07 PM
We should do a 2009 PT babies thread.

prechrswife
02-08-2009, 01:08 PM
It does seem that there are a fair number of us who were on the 2007 list who are expecting again, in addition to a good number of first-time mommies.

wolfsoul
02-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone! I got into the Dr early (on Thurs). My first ultrasound is dated for Feb 26th. I have a whole list of blood tests and a urine test I have to go in for, so I'm going to check my work schedule tomorrow and see what morning next week is best. My Dr gave me a list of prenatal classes, breastfeeding classes, etc, and I have a full physical for March 9th.

She said all I can do for my hypoglycemia is what I'm already doing. Lots of protein, everything low glycemic, no sugar and no refined or simple carbohydrates, and eat every 2-3 hours. So I'll keep it up. She said I might be more prone to gestational diabetes due to it, but because my body mass index has me at the low range of normal, I probably don't have to worry.

Right now I'm just so tiiiired, and I haven't even been going to the gym regularly anymore -- I'm too tired!!! My body doesn't want to move. And it sucks because I have so much to do! I'm busy pulling out stuff to take to the thrift store, figuring out what we're going to do with some of the rooms in the house, and we're getting things together to build a whelping pen and an outdoor run for the dogs next weekend. Visa will be coming into heat very soon. Just so much on my mind!

We should do a 2009 PT babies thread.
I agree! :)

Alysser
02-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Congratulations! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
02-08-2009, 06:29 PM
CONGRATULATIONS JORDAN!!!!!! How exciting!:D

beeniesmom
02-09-2009, 07:03 AM
She said I might be more prone to gestational diabetes...

Me too but I am having the opposite problem. My blood sugar is too high.