PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #303! Groundhog Week!

RICHARD
02-04-2009, 04:34 PM
I figured since we just squeezed by GHD that we could celebrate some more winter weather, THERE is suppose to be a winter storm coming thru the area - so maybe we can light up the fireplace, make some hot drinks and sit a spell?

I have some red velvet cake mix and frosting, How's about cupcakes and coffee to start off with?

DONE!:D

Karen
02-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Sounds good, I will bring some chai and warm spiced cookies.

And is there ground hog - a.k.a. pork sausage perhaps available? ;)

Killearn Kitties
02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Sounds good on a night like this.
Perhaps a little Buddy Holly on the jukebox for the anniversary?

lvpets2002
02-04-2009, 04:43 PM
:eek: Wait till you see Who Orc is bringing to our Thursday Party..:D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/220px-Closeup_groundhog.jpg

wolflady
02-04-2009, 05:20 PM
did he see his shadow?

momoffuzzyfaces
02-04-2009, 05:22 PM
We can also celebrate that I finally have high speed Internet access!!! :D:D

Of course, my email is messed up right now. But heading in the right direction.

A cherry vanilla coke for me please? It's supposed to be in the 70s by this weekend. :eek:

Killearn Kitties
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
We can also celebrate that I finally have high speed Internet access!!! :D:D
Ooooo, do you indeed? It seems that no email is the price you have to pay for high speed access. I never did get my email to work again after we got broadband. I am used to the hotmail account now anyway.

Might you give us more pictures of the furries now? :D

Cinder & Smoke
02-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Did he see his shadow?

YES, :( Darn-It!! :mad:

I wish they'd remember to put his Dark Glasses on before they pull him out
of his den into all the TV lights!
He can't help but see his shadow!

:p

momoffuzzyfaces
02-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Ooooo, do you indeed? It seems that no email is the price you have to pay for high speed access. I never did get my email to work again after we got broadband. I am used to the hotmail account now anyway.

Might you give us more pictures of the furries now? :D

Indeed I might! I put 3 pics of Chester on Photobucket today. It only took about a minute (or less) per picture compared to the 20 minute wait per picture it usually took. :D

RICHARD
02-04-2009, 06:17 PM
I swear....

I had the GROUNDHOG joke ready to use, And wondered what was in GROUNDCHUCK!

:eek:

Some ground sausage? DONE!

KK,
Richie Valens was born here in Pacoima Ca, We have a park named after him up the street. I'll put on some Buddy Holly on the juke!

DONE!

LP,

Is this 'guest' a kneeslapper?:D

DONE!

Hi Wolflady!

I dunno, I was busy and missed the forecast!

DUMB!:confused:

MOFF,

We do have a speed limit here in the bar, 65 miles an hour!

One Cherry Vanilla Coke for you!

C&S.
Oh you reminded me of the joke on how to make a venetian blind!

Poke his eyes out!:confused::eek::cool:

Cupcakes are up!

wolflady
02-04-2009, 06:31 PM
...Hi Wolflady!

I dunno, I was busy and missed the forecast!

DUMB!:confused:

Groundhog West predicted early spring...:rolleyes:

KYS
02-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Red velvet cake and frosting, cupcakes!!!
I'll take a double serving and forgo the coffee and give me something stronger.
Pay cut with the Mandatory furloughs for 17 months start this week. :mad:

RICHARD
02-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Red velvet cake and frosting, cupcakes!!!
I'll take a double serving and forgo the coffee and give me something stronger.
Pay cut with the Mandatory furloughs for 17 months start this week. :mad:

Cupcakes and a shot or two?

Sending good vibes your way, also!

DONE!:eek:

slick
02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Good grief Charlie Brown, it seems like forever since I've been here. No wonder I'm stressed. :confused: I need to make myself take some time for the bar.

Moff, congrats and make sure you hold your hat down when you surf.:D Look out furries, that flashy box will be shining in your eyes all the time now. ;)

Wolflady? That confoozles me. Our West Coast groundhog saw his shadow, durn it.

KYS - that sucks big time. So sorry. :(

What's on tap? I'll take whatever it is please. I wonder how Mz Gini is holding up? We need to send some speshal vibes down/over there.

Happy February everyone! :love::love::love:

cassiesmom
02-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Hello, everyone! It's c-o-l-d out in Chicago tonight; may I please have a Peppermint Patty (that's hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps)?

RICHARD
02-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Hello, everyone! It's c-o-l-d out in Chicago tonight; may I please have a Peppermint Patty (that's hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps)?

WHy not?

Stay warm!

DONE!

Slick you devil you!

Happy Feb back at ya!:D

DJFyrewolf36
02-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Hi guys...its night shift time and my day off...and no one is awake :p The cats are even asleep.

I'll sip on a mountian dew alone...until someone joins me with a drink of their choice, my treat!

smokey the elder
02-05-2009, 07:09 AM
The Long Island groundhog bit Mayor Bloomberg!:eek::p

I'll just have a cup of coffee for now.

RICHARD
02-05-2009, 02:11 PM
let me serve you some cupcakes!

DONE!

Randi
02-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone! And congratulations on your speed MOFF! :D

I'll take whatever the DOTD is - and I'm dying for something sweet too, please! ;)

No snow here yet, but I hear KK will be sending it this way in a few days. Ugh!

How about some B.B. King next?

RICHARD
02-05-2009, 04:15 PM
B.B. King!

Yes!

How's about a Peppermint Patty and a cup cake?

STE,
Coffee?

DONE!

DJ, I have to look for the new MD flavor!
The other night I drank one a couldn't go to sleep afterwards.:eek:

slick
02-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Over here Richard....over here *waves madly**

I'm parched. I'd love an ice cold beer in a frosted glass. And since this is cyber I'd love some "Paula" food.....mmmmm everything tastes better with butter and bacon grease. :cool::D Maybe some deep fried shrimp with hot sauce or some onion rings. Now that would go down good right now.

Oh yes, the heater in my truck is gone. Think you can fix it? :)

cassiesmom
02-05-2009, 07:58 PM
It's not quite so cold out tonight - 8 PM and we're still at 20 degrees. My ankle hurts (the one I broke at the end of September). Instead of a Peppermint Patty, could I please have decaf coffee? Here, I brought shortbread cookies -- who would like one with me?

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:PjnDJAzg2bkpRM:https://www.laser-ink.net/catalog/images/00116.jpg

RICHARD
02-05-2009, 09:14 PM
It's not quite so cold out tonight - 8 PM and we're still at 20 degrees. My ankle hurts (the one I broke at the end of September). Instead of a Peppermint Patty, could I please have decaf coffee? Here, I brought shortbread cookies -- who would like one with me?

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:PjnDJAzg2bkpRM:https://www.laser-ink.net/catalog/images/00116.jpg

Put your foot up and relax......
I'll trade you for a BIMBO?
http://www.mexgrocer.com/brand-bimbo.html

:D

DONE!

And I have to put on some Etta James, she is the freaking bomb!:D

Karen
02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Just looked at the current temperature for here - it is 8 degrees Fahrenheit, but "feel like" -2F!

So large hot chocolate, please. extra strong. And I'll ask the Orc to thow some more wood on the fire.

Lady? C'mere, girl and I'll give you a good snuggle.
(For those who have never met Lady in person, her coat look like a Lab's coat, but feels like velvet. Think of a large kinda bony velvet hot-water bottle next to ya - or on you!)

RICHARD
02-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Lady? C'mere, girl and I'll give you a good snuggle.
(For those who have never met Lady in person, her coat look like a Lab's coat, but feels like velvet. Think of a large kinda bony velvet hot-water bottle next to ya - or on you!)

Hence the Velvet Cupcake theme for the week!

I wish I had a huge doggie to snuggle with here on the 'farm'!

As of now I have to put up with a weight on my chest and cat snoring!:p

One hot choco and extra wood.
Done!

DJFyrewolf36
02-05-2009, 10:40 PM
The new flavor of MD is awesome! Right now I have Live wire, which is the orange variety :)

My kitties remind me that they are here too, and want something in the food department. Whatever is on special is fine with them!

RedHedd
02-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Groundhog West predicted early spring...:rolleyes:
And the groundhog in New York bit the mayor :D

We're finally having rain in Northern California! YAY! To celebrate, I'll have an iced tea with an umbrella - a really big umbrella :cool:

RICHARD
02-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Over here Richard....over here *waves madly**

I'm parched. I'd love an ice cold beer in a frosted glass. And since this is cyber I'd love some "Paula" food.....mmmmm everything tastes better with butter and bacon grease. :cool::D Maybe some deep fried shrimp with hot sauce or some onion rings. Now that would go down good right now.

Oh yes, the heater in my truck is gone. Think you can fix it? :)

DONE!

OML, Do you have a Toyota? As my truck got older the lower speeds on the heater fan went away......It was 'fool' speed ahead or nothing!

I pray for you and send you some deep fried food!
DONE!

DJ, I have Whiska packets? Does that work?

DONE?:confused:

Redd- I was laughing at the Mexican station weather report.
They call an umbrella a "para aguas" or "parra aguas" - "stops the water" or "for the water".
Your choice?

Ice Tea with the proper foul weather gear?
DONE!

Your choice?:D

Randi
02-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the offer of Peppermint Patty and a cup cake, Richard! I do wonder what they are, but I'm never afraid of trying something new. ;) If I don't like them, then I'd LOVE one of Cassiesmom's shortbread, please! Ohh, and a Cafe au lait would be nice too! :p

I met a bunch of catlovers the other day, for the first time, they're part of a Meet-Up group who exchange cat sitting - isn't that neat! If any of them join PT, do make sure to welcome them! :D

Karen
02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the offer of Peppermint Patty and a cup cake, Richard! I do wonder what they are, but I'm never afraid of trying something new. ;)

Oh, goodness! Maybe you call them something different over there?

Cupcakes are just small cakes - you take cake batter, and pour it into individual-sized "cups" and bake and frost!

And then eat, of course!

RICHARD
02-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Oh, goodness! Maybe you call them something different over there?

Cupcakes are just small cakes - you take cake batter, and pour it into individual-sized "cups" and bake and frost!

And then eat, of course!

Karen forgot to mention that they are Red Velvet cup cakes!

They come out red and are so moist they really melt in your mouth!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/marlena_m/Red-Velvet-Cupcakes.jpg

If you don't like them, Can I have your share?:D

A peppermint pattie is a hot chocolate with a shot of peppermint schnapps!:D

DONE!

KYS
02-06-2009, 04:37 PM
RICHARD: They come out red and are so moist they really melt in your mouth!
>>>>>>

STOP IT ALREADY! I can't take it!!! I am going to have to go out in the rain and get some Red Velvelt cupcakes now!!!!
ARE YOU HAPPY!!!! :D

RICHARD
02-06-2009, 05:06 PM
RICHARD: They come out red and are so moist they really melt in your mouth!
>>>>>>

STOP IT ALREADY! I can't take it!!! I am going to have to go out in the rain and get some Red Velvelt cupcakes now!!!!
ARE YOU HAPPY!!!! :D

NO, because there is no way to get to your house in time!

They are WHISKERS!

When I first say them on the food channel I thought it was some kind of dumb fad. Then I had one and ZOOM! I prefer them with the cream cheese frosting.
Not too sweet but perfect!

Please be careful driving?

DJFyrewolf36
02-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Stopping in before work...I love relaxing for a bit before I have to hit the ol grind. The kitties are quite happy with their treats, and orc seems to have found a cat toy and is now keeping them occupied :)

If you guys can, please click on that internet thingy in my signature. Its for a game...to see how many "internets" I am worth. Supposedly if you visit enough websites with people that will actually click on the banner you are worth more internet space :rolleyes:

Edit: I notice it says you shouldn't have been asked to give me internets. I don't think explaining myself is expressly "asking" but if you feel cohersed I guess you can give me negative points too lol.

Just another silly game :D I really spend too much time online...

RICHARD
02-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Stopping in before work...I love relaxing for a bit before I have to hit the ol grind. The kitties are quite happy with their treats, and orc seems to have found a cat toy and is now keeping them occupied :)

Just another silly game :D I really spend too much time online...

Here in the bar nothing is judged!
Play on and glad to hear your life is somewhat even!

gini
02-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Zooooommmmmm - what the heck was that? Oh, it is just MOFF whizzing around on her new broadband connection. There is no stopping her now!:D

Are there any cupcakes left? One with my morning coffee sure would be good.

RICHARD
02-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Zooooommmmmm - what the heck was that? Oh, it is just MOFF whizzing around on her new broadband connection. There is no stopping her now!:D

Are there any cupcakes left? One with my morning coffee sure would be good.

Hmmm, walk in here with no uppy date on your brother and expect service?

Oh, o.k.......One cup cake and some coffee?

DONE!

davidpizzica
02-07-2009, 01:24 PM
You're right, Gini. MOFF is fast! I'm on S L O W dial up and she can run me over. RICHARD, any of those red velvet cupcakes left? I can use a couple of cupcakes and a coffee with Bailey's.

RICHARD
02-07-2009, 02:02 PM
You're right, Gini. MOFF is fast! I'm on S L O W dial up and she can run me over. RICHARD, any of those red velvet cupcakes left? I can use a couple of cupcakes and a coffee with Bailey's.

Of course!

DONE!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-07-2009, 03:16 PM
:DI think it is time for me to tell a new joke!!

Do you know why elephants are pink ???

-
-
-
-
-
because they want to be invisible while hiding in a strawberry field!!!

LOL!!! Now may I please have a fresh cupcake?? :)

RICHARD
02-07-2009, 03:22 PM
:DI think it is time for me to tell a new joke!!

Do you know why elephants are pink ???

-
-
-
-
-
because they want to be invisible while hiding in a strawberry field!!!

LOL!!! Now may I please have a fresh cupcake?? :)

One fresh cupcake!
DONE!

How can you tell if there is an elephant hiding your refridgerator?

You can see the footprints in the butter!

Or

You can smell the peanuts on their breathe!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Just stopped in to catch my breath from all the speeding around the net.

So odd to be able to see videos now!!! :eek:

Can I have a cupcake and a cherry vanilla coke? Oh, and 3 catnip teas for the gang? :D

RICHARD
02-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Just stopped in to catch my breath from all the speeding around the net.

So odd to be able to see videos now!!! :eek:

Can I have a cupcake and a cherry vanilla coke? Oh, and 3 catnip teas for the gang? :D

LOLOL,
Stay seated and here- A CVC, cupcakes and some CNT for the kids.

Oh,

Mom has a new internet service, she'll pay attention to you when she is finished!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-07-2009, 04:41 PM
LOLOL,
Oh,

Mom has a new internet service, she'll pay attention to you when she is finished!

That still doesn't mean I don't know what they are doing every second.
Moms have eyes in the back of our heads, you know!!! ;) :D

RICHARD
02-08-2009, 10:37 AM
That still doesn't mean I don't know what they are doing every second.
Moms have eyes in the back of our heads, you know!!! ;) :D
Thanks for reminding me!

I am up now.....coffee anyone!:D

davidpizzica
02-08-2009, 01:08 PM
RICHARD, Could I have a big cup of coffee and Bailey's? Are there any of those red velvet cupcakes left, also? I'm still winding down from the big Steeler Super Bowl win!

DJFyrewolf36
02-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Happy Sunday all!! Hope everyone is having a good day! :D

RICHARD
02-09-2009, 12:52 AM
RICHARD, Could I have a big cup of coffee and Bailey's? Are there any of those red velvet cupcakes left, also? I'm still winding down from the big Steeler Super Bowl win!

LOL< what were the other 5 championships like?

Coffee, Bailey's and cup cakes!

DONE!

DJ, happy Sunday to you too!

COffee?

DONE!

DJFyrewolf36
02-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Coffee, yes! Ive been busy as heck and I finally got some sleep today...but I still feel tired. I'm still grumbling over the game lol but I can't say I was disapointed with the showing by both teams.

cassiesmom
02-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Q. What do they call a kangaroo at the North Pole?
A. Lost!

Would you believe it's still 53 degrees in Chicago at 8:15 PM on a February night? Could I have iced tea, please? A toast to the spring that's on the way! And a prayer for those affected by fires in Australia and storms in the U.S. too.

RICHARD
02-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Q. What do they call a kangaroo at the North Pole?
A. Lost!

Would you believe it's still 53 degrees in Chicago at 8:15 PM on a February night? Could I have iced tea, please? A toast to the spring that's on the way! And a prayer for those affected by fires in Australia and storms in the U.S. too.

Yes, please!
A moment for all the people in AUSSIELAND. We know what that is like here in So Cal!:(

Ice tea?

DONE!

DJ,

Coffee and I have resigned myself not to root for anyone- I just want a good game!

DONE!