PDA

View Full Version : 13 puppies!

ChrisH
02-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Fireman moonlights as midwife to help his dog deliver 13 puppies (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1135350/Fireman-moonlights-midwife-help-dog-deliver-13-puppies.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Miscellaneous/article-0-0349E358000005DC-112_468x.jpg

Isn't she beautiful?

dreamparkingspace
02-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Wow, what a beautiful dog!! Golden Retriever/Collie mix???

lvpets2002
02-04-2009, 04:48 PM
:love: Yes they are all so Cute.. However I see 13 puppies that will need forever homes.. Now lets see if the Fireman is Smart Enough to have this lady fixed so this does not happen again..;)

Freedom
02-04-2009, 06:17 PM
The article says she is a German Shepherd. :confused:

AND . . . I hope he gets her fixed now as well.

AllAmericanPUP
02-04-2009, 06:31 PM
never seen a GSD like that

YAY..a BYB has 13 puppies..."rolls eyes"

buttercup132
02-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I can believe it's a Shepherd.
A long haired white one but some how she is more cream then white, I guess it can happen.

Daisy and Delilah
02-04-2009, 08:23 PM
WOW! What a pack. I hope she gets spayed asap. The widdle babies are so cute. Mama's got her work cut out for her. She looks pretty tuckered out.

lute
02-05-2009, 08:23 AM
She looks purebred to me. Check out this link. It shows all the different coat colors and lengths the GSD coat can come it, including cream.
http://www.justshepherds.com/colors.htm

The pups are adorable! I hope he knows what a big handful he's got!

AllAmericanPUP
02-05-2009, 11:03 AM
I can believe it's a Shepherd.
A long haired white one but some how she is more cream then white, I guess it can happen.

Many people think that a White GSD must be PURE white to be called white.
If the dog is not pure white they make up other names for them such as "buff", "biscuit", "blonde", etc. Dogs that
are any of these off "colors" on them are still genetically WHITE (not some "rare color") and they are COMPLETELY acceptable at WS/WGSD shows,
but not preffered. However, correct temperament, movement, and structure are far more important than being pure white.
White is a 'masking' gene and covers up the dog's true color. That is why 'white' dogs often have cream, or blonde tint to their coats.

http://www.kerstoneshepherds.net/colors/colors1.htm

wolflady
02-05-2009, 11:12 AM
I must admit, I've never seen a shepherd like that but she's a very pretty dog. I did notice this person is located in the UK, so not sure if they really know what BYBs are. Is it as prevalent in the UK? In any case, it seems he really loves his dog and I'm glad he was there for her with her puppies. She's beautiful!

tikeyas_mom
02-05-2009, 12:09 PM
wow pretty mama!
But I have to agree, I hope he can loving forver homes for all those puppies!!! 13 dogs is going to be hard to rehome.. I hope he gets her spayed after this..

I think she looks to be at least purebred.... She is going to be a very tired mama once those puppies start walking and grow teeth!!

Husky_mom
02-05-2009, 03:27 PM
to me she looks to have soem golden along with the shepherd... I´ve seen that page too very cool colors...

but she also seems to be a bit darker golden and have white paws... very cute indeed!!

I´d be so helpless and be "forced" to take a pup... (you know what I mean by "forced" right ;))

ChrisH
02-05-2009, 05:14 PM
To perhaps make things a little clearer here are three quotes from the article.

Mr Louis, who works in Easterhouse Fire Station, said: ''I was stunned. I never thought for a minute she would give birth to so many. 'An average German Shepherd litter is six to eight pups. And, as this was Lila's first litter, I was told to expect it to be smaller.''

''We had not intended Lila to have pups yet but she and our other German Shepherd, two-year-old Levi, took the matter out of our hands. When we realised she was pregnant I arranged time off work so I would be there for her labour.'

''They are all really beautiful. I wish we could keep them all. But we will be making sure they only go to good homes."