PDA

View Full Version : is your dog a people magnet ??????

kokopup
02-04-2009, 12:40 PM
If i was a few years younger I know that I would not have any trouble meeting chicks. Koko is a chick magnet or should I say a people magnet.
No matter where I go she draws in people of all sorts and sizes. The first comment is "beautiful dog", then we always get "what is she". Once I was going through a bank drive thru and not only did they give her treats
but 2 tellers ran out of the bank just to pet her. I could write a book on people encounters I've had because of Koko.

i would like for you all to relate their people encounters stories because of their pet. I have found my dog brings me close to people that I would otherwise just pass unnoticed.

lvpets2002
02-04-2009, 01:00 PM
:) Yes they are.. Also my Cats are people magnets..

Taz_Zoee
02-04-2009, 01:43 PM
I always get comments on how beautiful Zoee is. And especially about her eyes being different colors. And they ask what breed she is. Or some make the guess and say - she's an Aussie, right? I've educated a lot of people on the breed. It's so much fun!
I haven't been out too much with Taggart, but he has a way of melting anyone. He goes up to them, sits right at their feet and leans into them for loves. :D

beeniesmom
02-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Mine attract people too.
When I used to bring them to work, the strangest encounter was with a guy walking opposite direction of me. He said hi and proceeded to ask how much I wanted to sell Beenie for.... :eek:

I usually walk the both of them in the afternoon. Well since Frankie had his surgery on Jan. 20th I can't take him for walks yet (at least for another month or so). Well, while I walk Beenie, people I don't know stop me to ask: 'Where is the other one? Is he ok?'

shepgirl
02-04-2009, 03:10 PM
My dogs both get the same response from anyone seeing them. And they love the extra petting they get no matter from who.

dreamparkingspace
02-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Shawnee gets all the attention among my pooches 'cause everyone thinks she is still a puppy even though she is two and a half years old (she looks like a little German Shepherd rather than German Shepherd/Border Collie mix).

Daisy and Delilah
02-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Alot of people have the urge to pick up Daisy and love on her. I mean almost everybody that sees her. People fall in love with her and she won't let many people get near her. She looks like a puppy so that might have something to do with it. I have to admit she is pretty darn cute. Pictures don't do her justice.:)

Delilah always gets comments about her markings. Her markings are very unique for sure. Sometimes people are magnetized towards her rather than Daisy because they think she's so beautiful.:)

cyber-sibes
02-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Yup, people seem very interested in our Siberians. You don't see them all that often out here. I always get stopped & asked a lot of questions about the breed. Some people think they are Mals.

Jack is a kid magnet. Practically every single kid we walk by wants to hug him. Its amazing, kids of all ages are drawn to him in particular. On our walks he usually has a kid or two dangling off his neck at some point! Star draws a lot of attention, too, people always comment on her beautiful eyes. They also get compliments on how well behaved & quiet they are.

I really enjoy watching people looking at them, people get so excited when they spot them!

AllAmericanPUP
02-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Yea people always seem to love my dogs.

Everyone wants to pet keesha but i have to explain to them that she doesnt trust strangers...they're always dissapointed

lute
02-05-2009, 07:23 AM
My biggest people magnet was my RB Gracie. I had a couple ask if they could buy her. Another man asked if he could breed his dog to her. We have a couple benches up town where some older men sit and talk(very mayberry,I know) they always got a kick out of her. They thought she was the prettiest dog they had ever seen.

I get a lot of attention with Chloe as well. She may be my big brown lap dog, but for some reason people just flock to her. Always talking about her expressive eyes.

Talon is an eye catcher too. He is always getting loves and pets from the people at the farm store in the next town. I took him there a lot when he was younger to socialize him. It is a VERY busy place. The people there watched him grow up and know him by name.

Beanie is acting older, but when someone new comes to the house he makes sure they know he's welcoming...or forcing...all lovins.;) They love his friendly attitude.

Kewll0ser
02-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Butto always draws attention to her. I've had many people ask what type of dog she is, and even a few asked when is her first birthday coming up. When I tell them shes about to be nin they're like :eek: ! When I tak her to the park around the corner, you can always find kids there like "Ohh look at Buttercup!" :rolleyes: I'm like "No guys, just call her Butto." Then they go and find a ball or something and play fetch all day.

I have a whole bunch of old men who like to stand in front of the discount store up my block who always tell me to breed her with this gorgeous black lab that lives up the block with me named Rocky. I've seen him grow up since he was about 2 months old.

When I had my Lhasa Apso, many people used to tell me to breed him with this Shih Tzu that lived next door to Rocky. Her named was Princess. Many kids tried to pick him up but I'm like be careful, he can be a bit...snappy.

The weirdest comment I ever got was someone telling me that my Lhasa had the cutest paws he ever saw. I'm like "Uhmmm... Thanks?" :confused:

tikeyas_mom
02-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Anytime I take Tikeya out to the park at least one person will approach me.. Alot fo kids will ask if shes off the movie "snowdogs" its really funny...
Even more people ask me how old she is, and are absolutly floored when I tell them shes almost 11 years old!!! People think she is really young... Also people always tell me they love her eyes, but I notice alot of people at withdrawn away from her because she looks wolfy..

The majority of people love her tho.

Ebony doesnt get much attention when we are out.. But people do get annoyed with her at the beach because she always steals their dogs balls and sticks!! :eek:

MonicanHonda
02-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I would be a dude magnet. They always fall in love with Honda. Lol Now they'll fall in love with Remy when I get her.

I secretly think that is why Zac liked me. LOL! Just kidding. :) But he does want to be a firefighter and Honda is a dalmatian. lol

But people think Honda is really young too and are surprised when she is 10. They think she is like... three!!!!

cali
02-07-2009, 01:19 PM
yes..its annoying really, kids love Happy so much that I cant go anywhere with her without kids magicly appearing because they saw their buddy. honestly I go to an empty park with her, think I am safe to spend some one on one time with my baby and suddenly a bunch of kids show up because they saw Happy through their windows and they have come to play with her. I dont usually mind it, but sometimes I want to be able to spend time with her thats just me and her.

Misty is a magnet too in a way, I dont really get people comming to ask about her, I usually just get points and stares and "look at that gorgous dog" comments, the odd people that approach tell me she is striking and outa be in ads lol

Electra..only at dog shows, thats why she loves them, in the dogshow world she is lovley and everyone fawns all over her..in the regular world nobody give a rats behind about her lol.

Rusty just draws the odd yells from accross the street asking about him.

Ladybug..not really, everyone who meets her adores her, but nobody goes out of their way to meet her.

Edwina's Secretary
02-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Dogs are a magnet for me! When my husband and I go for walks we try and pet (with permission!) as many dogs as we can. And in our neighborhood there are plenty of dogs to pet...

mr.chiwawa
02-07-2009, 05:42 PM
People are drawn to Mister HOWEVER unless you are an extremly close friend of mine. Mister IS NOT drawn to them...If I can catch a person comming our way I either have to block them with my leg or pick him up. Unlike in most places none of the people I encounter have the common sense to ASK before petting.:rolleyes:
So to answer the question plainly YES people are drawn to Mister........Mister doesnt care for most STRANGERS:p
And I cant say I blame him:D

boomersooner
02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Yes! Boomer, being a puppy...well, a grown up dog now, I guess, but he always has people smiling at him, wanting to pet him. Cassie ALWAYS drew a crowd because there aren't a lot of dalmatians around, especially one who is marked as pretty as Cassie.