PDA

View Full Version : Catmobile Kitties "Krewe" at Mardi Gras

Pinot's Mom
02-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Hello Kitties, it's time for the next Catmobile adventure! We've done the Inaugural and the Super Bowl - now it's time for Mardi Gras - Laissez le bon temps rouler!

Groucho and momcat have arranged for the transportation, the date of the grand festivities are February 24, 2009.

Here are a few comments from those scheduled to attend (including myself):

"Hey Pinot!!! Sounds like a plan to me. If you'd like, I'll see if the eco-friendly hybrid Catmobile is available. Please let me know.

Your friend,
Groucho " (Groucho & momcat)

" WoW wont that be Cool All of us showing up in the CatMobile at the Mardi Gras.. My Furr Purr Clann is already packing.. " (lvpets2002, including my Valentine, Roco)

"Groucho! Roco, are you ready? Are the Killearn Kitties in?
Laissez le bon temps rouler!" (me)

"Roco here says he is ready to Go Go Zoom Zoom.."

"Okay Pinot, the local Jaguar dealer said all he needs is a date and the Catmobile is ours. He told me that we take such good care of the Catmobile that it never needs to be cleaned up when we bring it back so using it is never a problem.

Big Easy, here we come!

Your friend,
Groucho "

"Laissez le bons temps rouler, indeed! Cassie wonders what Lady Edwina will wear. (Lady Edwina, correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have a beautiful mask to wear?) " Cassie & Cassie's Mom

So, PT kitties-let's go! Groucho & momcat need to know who's coming, so lets have a good time and don't forget your beads!

Your friend and copilot,
Pinot :D:D

Killearn Kitties
02-04-2009, 03:22 AM
Oh Pinot, my girls' paws are hardly touching the ground this weather! Which is good, because it's icy, and would be cold on the paws. They will see your invitation when they surface, but I think I can safely say that going to mardi gras in the Catmobile would be of great excitement to them. I will pencil it in in their diaries.

momcat
02-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Okay, fellow kitties! Does anyone know where we can get some authentic jambalaya, gumbo, and crawfish pie?

For our international contingent, please let me know your flight plans so the Catmobile can pick you up. Transportation will be provided for everyone so please let me know ASAP so we can map this out!

Your friend,
Groucho

sasvermont
02-04-2009, 07:59 AM
What's hot http://mardigrasday.com/

My girls are interested but wonder if Vermontcat's girls would like to join them on the trip!

I have given everyone the human itinerary for February 24th!

We will need more details about the transportation etc.

Thanks! Sallyanne for her girls:

Lucy, Chloe and Juni-get-down!

Bengalz
02-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Eve missed the Super Bowl but so enjoyed herself at the Inaugural Party:D She really would like to come to Mardi Gras and wants to know where she might hop on the Catmobile for another sensational ride:D

catmandu
02-04-2009, 08:20 AM
I KNOW THAT THE SIAMESE FEARSOME FIVE ARE THERE WITH THIER MATES AND ETERNAL BABY ANGELS , JUST DRINKING IN THE WONDERFUL CUISINE OF NEW ORLEANS , AS THAT CITY STRUGGLES TO REGAIN WHAT IT ONCE HAD BEFORE KATRINA.
:love::love::love:
ANOTHER BIG PARTY FOR BO BO , AND BOBO:):):)

lvpets2002
02-04-2009, 09:49 AM
:love: Raco says To my SweetHeart Pinot we are all ready to go.. We have all of the gang packing with toys & treats.. We are ready to Zoom Zoom in the CatMobile to the Mardi Gras.. Taccoa is calling for her Darling Elmer.. Bump is calling for his SweetHeart Paizly && Buttons is calling for her Darling HoneyBun..

Pinot's Mom
02-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Okay, fellow kitties! Does anyone know where we can get some authentic jambalaya, gumbo, and crawfish pie?

Your friend,
Groucho

Groucho, Mom & Dad had some suggestions for food - we must visit Cafe Du Monde for coffee and Beignets, Pat OBriens for Hurricanes, and some favorites from the last trip-Arnaud's for wonderful Remoulade Shrimp, Old Coffee Pot Restaurant for all your requests (as well as the BEST cream of crab soup in N'awlins), and they suggested we stay at the Ramada Plaza Inn on Bourbon (right in the middle of the action-where I love to be!). :D:D

:love::love:Don't forget, Roco, Valentine's day is before the Mardi Gras! ;)

Talk to you all soon!

Party Kitty Pinot

Laura's Babies
02-04-2009, 11:08 AM

I know a COOK that can make great Gumbo's and jambalayas who is (NOW) home and lives close to The Big Easy! (She can also make a yummy King Cake!) Her daughter makes a mighty mean crawfish pie too!.... They even have Mardi Gras beads and Mardi Gras music.. Wonder who it could be? :rolleyes:

Prairie Purrs
02-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Princess Lily says, "Laissez le bon temps rouler!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/Pencats/d238db7e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/Pencats/627627ad.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/Pencats/a89f1018.jpg

I've told her to bring back some Cafe du Monde coffee with chicory and beignet mix, plus a big ol' piece of Laura's king cake (yum!). But I think she might just get too carried away to remember her poor old meowmie. ;)

phesina
02-04-2009, 02:43 PM
My gang are all packing up and getting ready to go.

Elmer says, "YES, my darling Taccoa, I will be there!"

Bob asks, "Beautiful Amy, will you be my date?"

Poppy wonders, "Will my beau Poppy be able to make it from Montreal?"

Sydney is almost delirious with excitement about being with his beloved Scrappy 2 again.

My other two girls, the senior, Peony, and the newest, Sparkler, don't have Significant Others yet but are looking forward to letting some bon temps roulez and maybe meeting theirs in the Crescent City!

Since I've mentioned Sparkler occasionally but haven't yet introduced her properly, let me say I'm getting around to doing so shortly. I've just been so pressed for time lately.. :rolleyes:

Pinot's Mom
02-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Princess Lily says, "Laissez le bon temps rouler!"

I've told her to bring back some Cafe du Monde coffee with chicory and beignet mix, plus a big ol' piece of Laura's king cake (yum!). But I think she might just get too carried away to remember her poor old meowmie. ;)

I hate to tell you, Prairie Purrs, the attempt to bring the meowmies crabcakes back from the Superbowl wasn't very successful! I promise, I gave them to Pinot to distribute, but...as I understand it, the stories get a little murky! I'm sure her Valentine :love:got his crabcake, but other than that...:confused: Ah, well, it's all in good fun! :) ...and Princess Lily looks wonderful!

momcat
02-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Hello my lovely Inka :love: I would be honored and proud to accompany you to Mardi Gras and hope you will say yes. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Hi Eve! We can't wait to have you join us in the Catmobile for our next great excursion. Never you fear, your place in the Catmobile is all set. Right now the very careful Catmobile driver and our friend Pinot are working out the route so that everyone has a ride.

Miss Sasvermont, I wasn't able to get your crew on their cell phone but please tell them they will not be left behind!

Welcome home Miss Laura! Wow, homemade jambalaya, gumbo and crawfish pie! :love: It just doesn't get any better than that! Of course your kitties will be joining us? There's plenty of room in the Catmobile for everyone!

Stay tuned to this thread, fellow kitties, more details as they develop.

Your friend,
Groucho

Edwina's Secretary
02-04-2009, 09:49 PM
It is funny what different approaches Edwina and Eddie have to things. When it comes to Mardi Gras all Eddie says is... "A parade! Beads! Parties!"
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4734.jpg?t=1233805390

While Lady Edwina is more interested in glamour, elegance and mystery...
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/Venice-1.jpg?t=1233805559

Hey...wait a minute young man....you have to wait for the Catmobile!!
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4733.jpg?t=1233805688

cassiesmom
02-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Cassie hopes that Michael will come from Ontario for the festivities. Bring Miquelito and Pouncierge, Scrappy2 and Princess, JH and JJJ3, too please. :love: and Ebony Tubster, Tubster Panther and Pouncer Roccano if they are willing!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-05-2009, 04:46 AM
Hello my lovely Inka :love: I would be honored and proud to accompany you to Mardi Gras and hope you will say yes. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Your friend,
Groucho

oh yes my sweetheart!! oh YES!!:love:

Laura's Babies
02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Amy is waiting for the Catmobile for the Krewe of Kitties to come by to pick her up, she is already purrfecting her "THROW ME SOMETHING MISTER!" yell.. She is in the mood and ready to PARTIEEEEEE!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/AmyMardiGras.jpg

Samantha is getting in the mood...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0375.jpg

Giz said she will only go if she is promised they will have TOYS for throws instead of beads... She wants TOYS!

Boo said this is as Mardi Gras as she is going to get.. BAH HUMBUG!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0373.jpg

momcat
02-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Aw, come on now Boo. You'll have loads of fun with all of your kitty friends in the Catmobile and Groucho said he's looking forward to seeing you. Great company and wonderful food will be enjoyed by all.

phesina
02-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Amy is just gorgeous in her Carnival gear. Bob is beside himself with excitement!

Pinot's Mom
02-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Boo looks just fine - she'll be all geared up in time! She's got a couple of weeks!

OK, Groucho, where should the Far Northern/ Western, etc. Kitties fly into for the pick up? They have to make arrangements! Coming from NJ, and since the Catmobile has to come for me, BWI would be a great stop off! (BWI is Baltimore Washington International Airport, by the way; it's now called BWI/Thurgood Marshall Airport, but it's still BWI.) I discussed it with the driver; he thinks this makes sense! Then we can make the more southern pick ups along the way.

Everybody ready for the party? :D

Your friend and copilot,
Pinot

lvpets2002
02-06-2009, 09:10 AM
:cool: Did you all know that on my SUV my back license plate holder says CatMobile - with cats all around it.. I got it off of E-Bay..

Laura's Babies
02-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Amy is busy practicing new dance moves for the Krewe Of Kitties Mardi Gras Ball so she will impress Bob and everyone else at the ball. She is really hoping the ball will be held at the Aquarium and a buffet of fresh fish will be offered.

A MUST do is she wants to go see Dr. John, her most favorite New Orleans musician and hear him sing Iko Iko. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JESFMO1Hl4M&feature=related

To get all the kitties in the new Oreans mood and get them use to the music, this is a MUST! (They do have to learn to dance to this music if they want to have fun!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IOyBwrvOKA

And we they must stop by and pay the Neville Brothers a visit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGyrWBK1xos

Another must do is to see Clarence Frogman Henry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Om4vQnB9E

LETS GET SOME N'AWLINS CULTURE GOIN!

cassiesmom
02-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Aw, come on now Boo. You'll have loads of fun with all of your kitty friends in the Catmobile and Groucho said he's looking forward to seeing you. Great company and wonderful food will be enjoyed by all.

Please come, beautiful Boo! The more, the merrier! Cassie totally wants to see the Neville Brothers and Dr. John. She hopes this will be okay with Michael Dylan "Mr. Purr".

momcat
02-06-2009, 05:07 PM
OK, Groucho, where should the Far Northern/ Western, etc. Kitties fly into for the pick up? They have to make arrangements! Coming from NJ, and since the Catmobile has to come for me, BWI would be a great stop off! (BWI is Baltimore Washington International Airport, by the way; it's now called BWI/Thurgood Marshall Airport, but it's still BWI.) I discussed it with the driver; he thinks this makes sense! Then we can make the more southern pick ups along the way.

Everybody ready for the party? :D

Your friend and copilot,
Pinot

Hi Pinot! The Catmobile will arrive here in Trenton on February 21 to give us plenty of time to get everyone and not miss a minute of the festivities. I'll be meeting my lovely Inka at Philadelphia International Airport so anyone who wants can join us there. Of course BWI is also a good bet for those not able to reach Philly. Come on fellow kitties, let us know where to pick you up ASAP!

Your friend,
Groucho

jennielynn1970
02-06-2009, 05:43 PM
&& Buttons is calling for her Darling HoneyBun..

Buttons, my darling, I would be more than happy to accompany you to Mardi Gras! says Honeybun. What shall we wear?!

cassiesmom
02-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi Pinot! The Catmobile will arrive here in Trenton on February 21 to give us plenty of time to get everyone and not miss a minute of the festivities. I'll be meeting my lovely Inka at Philadelphia International Airport so anyone who wants can join us there. Of course BWI is also a good bet for those not able to reach Philly. Come on fellow kitties, let us know where to pick you up ASAP!

Your friend,
Groucho

Groucho, I think Cassie can go from O'Hare to BWI easily. I've flown to/from there because I have a friend from college who lives in Maryland. I'll set her up for February 21. I'm considering having Stanley Steamer in while she's gone, cos she hates the noise their equipment makes!

lvpets2002
02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Buttons, my darling, I would be more than happy to accompany you to Mardi Gras! says Honeybun. What shall we wear?!

:love: See we can show up in our Furrs Birthday Suits & looks so Stunning & Adorable..

Pinot's Mom
02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Roco, you will show up au naturale, too - we will make quite the stunning pair! Come on kitties, who's coming in to what airport? We have to let Laura's kitties know who they'll be entertaining! The standard has been set for the dance moves at the Ball - maybe we'll see the Neville's at Tipitina's! Oh, it's all so exciting!:D

Your friend and copilot,
Pinot

momcat
02-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi fellow kitties!
I've invited our new kitty friend Snowbelle to join us on our trek to Mardi Gras, what a great chance for her to get to know us and have a good time in the process. Please let Snowbelle know how very much we want her to come!

Pinot, the Catmobile is just about ready for us. Food and toys in abundance will be on board for everyone! The days until we leave are going by much too slow.....

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
02-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I would love for beautiful Snowbelle to come! Perhaps she could meet up with Jenn's kitties in PA.

Pinot's Mom
02-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Of course Snowbelle will be a wonderful addition! The Catmobile excursions are a wonderful time for all! Welcome, Snowbelle! I'll make sure you get where you need to be in one piece!

Your friend and copilot,
Pinot

cassiesmom
02-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Well I sure am one proud Mom! COTD Nov 11/08 for my bad boy Baboo and now COTD for Pretty Princess Norah on Feb 10/09. Thank you for such lovely friends to write such kind words. Love, kisses, purrs and cuddles to all of Norah's feline friends! XXooo:love::love::love::love::love:

Pinot and Groucho, is there room in the Catmobile for Baboo and Norah?

Thank you,
Cassie Cat and Elyse

Pinot's Mom
02-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Of course, there's always room! Welcome Norah and Baboo! Just tell us where you'll be and we'll add you to the route - it'll be a great party! :D

Speaking of the route, kitties....:) It's almost check in time! Ready? :)

Your friend,
Pinot

Killearn Kitties
02-12-2009, 08:21 AM
My girls are waiting impatiently by the front window for the taxi to arrive to take them to the airport.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/karen31358/Cats/3girls240105.jpg

The excitement gets too much for Samantha and she pops outside to see if it is coming, but she comes back in very quickly.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/karen31358/Cats/Samsnow3.jpg

They are so excited about catching up with all their friends again and meeting new friends too.

momcat
02-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Pinot and Groucho, is there room in the Catmobile for Baboo and Norah?

Thank you,
Cassie Cat and Elyse

Absolutely yes! There's still plenty of room but fellow kitties, please let us know if you'll be coming. Time is running short!

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
02-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Dear Groucho and Pinot, we are all set for the Carnival, but where are we to meet the Catmobile? Will you be coming this way, or should we travel to someplace on your route?

If you will be picking up Eastern Canadian kitties, you could re-enter the U.S. at Windsor/Detroit, then shoot straight down I-94 towards Chicago.. stopping at Ann Arbor along the way.

Or if it's easier for us to meet you somewhere else on your route, please let us know where and we will see that Meowmie arranges to get us there in time! We are not far from Detroit Metro Airport, so we could meet you at any other airport.

Looking forward to PARTEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!

Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, Sparkler, and all the Angels

Pinot's Mom
02-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Groucho will have to chime in on this one, but my last understanding of the route was that all points North and West of NJ/Philly were to fly in to Philly or BWI (Maryland) by the 21st and the Catmobile would make it's way to the Southeastern US points on it's way to the Big Easy Mardi Gras Party! I have some of these points prepared for my copilot post, but some kitties haven't checked in with their travel plans.

For instance, Baboo & Princess Norah (so many Princesses;) ), where will you be meeting the Catmobile?

Your friend,
Pinot

Edwina's Secretary
02-13-2009, 02:17 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/waitingforthecatmobile_edited-2.jpg?

Pinot's Mom
02-13-2009, 03:21 PM
:) of course the Catmobile is coming for you, Eddie and Edwina! It wouldn't be a party without you two! Edwina IS the fashionista of the Catmobile! :D

Your friend, Pinot

lvpets2002
02-13-2009, 04:17 PM
:love: Ok my babies are all packed.. When do you think the CatMobile will be to Texas and are was we to fly somewhere closer??:love:

phesina
02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Groucho will have to chime in on this one, but my last understanding of the route was that all points North and West of NJ/Philly were to fly in to Philly or BWI (Maryland) by the 21st and the Catmobile would make it's way to the Southeastern US points on it's way to the Big Easy Mardi Gras Party! I have some of these points prepared for my copilot post, but some kitties haven't checked in with their travel plans.
Your friend,
Pinot

Okay, very good. We just booked our flights to BWI!

Pinot's Mom
02-13-2009, 09:25 PM
OK, kitties, I think we're rolling!:D

I've gone over those that have checked in with the driver, and here's what we've come up with (so far):

The Catmobile will leave Trenton, NJ/Philly Airport area on 2/21 with Groucho & Inka's clan meeting up with Snowbelle & Honeybun. We are assuming, although this is not confirmed, that the Vermont kitties (sasvermont & vermontcats) and Eve (Bengalz) will be joining the PA/NJ meeting point. The BWI group so far is Cassie, the Phesina gang (Elmer, Bob, Poppy, Sydney, Peony & Sparkler), and, of course myself (Pinot).

Those we need to know about: my sweetheart Roco and the lvpets2002 group - I would imagine we're picking you up at the New Orleans airport - please confirm! Eddie & Edwina - I would think you're flying in to BWI with Cassie, please confirm! The Killearn Kitties - which airport are you coming in to - we NEED to know! Princess Lily - BWI or other? The Found Cats Hotel (catmandu) - where are we meeting you?

If there's anyone else I'm missing, please check in. We've got to let Laura and her krewe (Boo, Amy, Giz & Samantha) know who will be joining them for the festivities! We have plenty of time to stop in points southeast, so don't be shy!:o We've got plenty of food and fun for all!

Your friend - Pinot:love::D

Prairie Purrs
02-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Lily wants to know whether the Catmobile can meet her in St. Louis. If that's not convenient, then she'll catch a flight from St. Louis to New Orleans and join the Kitty Krewe there. She may get a little bit distracted by the St. Louis Mardi Gras festivities, but I'll make sure she gets wherever she needs to be.

momcat
02-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Don't worry about a thing, Miss PraireePurrs, we'll keep a close eye on Lily.

Pinot, concatulations on an extraordinary job of mapping things out with our very careful Catmobile driver! You really have this under control. With you, who needs one of those GPS thingies!!! By the way, have you heard if Phinehas and Malachi will be feeling well enough to join us?

I have an idea, if it's okay with Mr. Catmandu of course. Could our friends from the Catada area all meet at the Found Cats Hotel and the Catmobile could meet them all there?

It looks as if the Catmobile will be ready for us Wednesday or Thursday. That way we can get an earlier start and possibly pick up our "out of the way" fellow kitties that can't get a flight to Philly or Baltimore. For the kitties who prefer not to fly, you can get the Amtrack train right into Trenton!

I have to go now, Meowmie says the local Jaguar dealer is on the phone.....

Your friend,
Groucho

Killearn Kitties
02-14-2009, 06:41 AM
The Killearn Kitties - which airport are you coming in to - we NEED to know!
Well, just as well you asked! I assumed that they had booked BWI as it had been mentioned, but apparently they could not get there directly and they didn't want the hassle of changing - interferes with the beauty sleep don't you know. They will be flying direct to Philadelphia, to arrive around the same time as Inka.

Bengalz
02-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Eve has been busy checking flight connections and YES she can get a flight to Philly connecting through Toronto :cool: She will be able to hook up with the Found Cats and travel with company:) How sweet is that !! It's going to be a busy week :D

Laura's Babies
02-14-2009, 10:41 AM
My girls are getting in the mood now, BIG time! The Baton Rouge parades have already began, they had some last night and they start at 2 pm in Baton Rouge today and my girls are ready to go. They want to invite all the kitties that have already arrived to join them but warn all, they are calling for rain and storms today and tomorrow so be sure to bring rain coats. You will need some sort of bags to put all the throws in that you catch also. They have heard they are throwing treat and toys for all the kitties and there are rumors that there will be some Canadian Catnip being passed around in the crowds :rolleyes:.(so be sure you talk to them about catnip before they leave home! I don't know how that rumor got started or WHO plans to furnish it)

My girls say it is time to Les Bon Ton Roulette!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/Image11.jpg

Edwina's Secretary
02-14-2009, 11:30 AM
The Es are thinking they will head for Philly too if that is alright. You know how Edwina cherishes every moment with her JJJ3 and Eddie....well he still has sweet dreams about his dances at the Inaugrual Ball with the Gray Ladies from Killearn (all THREE!!!!)....

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/tameddie.jpg

Killearn Kitties
02-15-2009, 04:31 AM
The girls cannot wait to see Eddie again. Such a wonderful dancer ...

And of course - they are from the west of Scotland - they are prepared for rain

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/karen31358/Cats/Samumbrella.jpg?t=1234693837

Pinot's Mom
02-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Lily, are we swinging through St. Louis, or did you book a flight?
Roco, my sweetheart, have you made arrangements to fly into New Orleans or are we picking you up?:love:
Baboo & Norah, the Vermont kitties, The Found Cats Hotel - Plane, Train, or Catmobile (or combination)?
Phinehas and Malachi have not checked in; it seems the health issues are keeping them busy right now.:(
Anyone who said they were coming (above) and have not patched in their travel plans - the Catmobile will be dispatched to make sure you don't miss the party. We have plenty of time to make it to the Mardi Gras with Laura's Babies!

See you all soon & Laissez le bon temps rouler!:D

Pinot

Prairie Purrs
02-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Lily will meet the Catmobile near the Gateway Arch, if that's OK. If the timing's right, everyone can watch the Soulard Mardi Gras parade in St. Louis next Saturday before heading on southward. :D

momcat
02-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Great news fellow kitties! The Catmobile will be here late Wednesday afternoon so we'll be hitting the road early on Thursday morning (even before Meowmie has her first coffee). I'll check in with Pinot about where we should go first but the extra day will allow for more join-ups. Also, if any of you will be coming on the Amtrack train I need to know ASAP, the train station is only blocks away from my house.

Lily will meet the Catmobile near the Gateway Arch, if that's OK. If the timing's right, everyone can watch the Soulard Mardi Gras parade in St. Louis next Saturday before heading on southward. :D

Sounds like a plan, Lily! We'll see you there.

Just one more thing fellow kitties, make sure that your cell phones are charged and turned on. We'll call you from the Catmobile when we reach your neighborhood.

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
02-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Dear Groucho and Pinot,

Thank you very much for organizing the Kitties "Krewe"! I will send my cell phone with Cassie Cat, just in case.

Have a wonderful time,
Elyse

Pinot's Mom
02-16-2009, 02:14 PM
This is the second time I'm trying to post this schedule - the last one got lost in space!:eek:

OK Kitties, this is it, the schedule of arrivals/pick ups for the Catmobile!

Groucho will meet up in Philly with Inka's group, the Killearn ladies, the Vermont kitties, Eve, Eddie & Edwina, the Canada contingent (including Norah, Baboo, and the Found Cats Hotel, Snowbelle & Honeybun). Groucho will have snacks for all, since the airlines don't feed you!

If the whole Canada contingent is not present and accounted for, we'll have to make some cell phone contact at this point, because the Catmobile is then scheduled to head for:

BWI: Where I'll have met (and also fed) Cassie and the Phesina clan (Elmer, Bob, Poppy, Sydney, Sparkler and Peony).

We then head to St. Louis to retrieve Princess Lily.

After that, we have another grey area. The lvpets2002 group has not checked in with their arrangements. If they are NOT on the flight into PA, we will assume we're picking them up in TX BUT will call Roco to confirm en route.

Then, we meet up with Laura's kitties for the Mardi Gras!:D

IF there is anyone not on this list, please let me know now!!

Laissez le bon temps rouler and see you soon!

Your friend and copilot,
Pinot

Edwina's Secretary
02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
I will send my cell phone with Cassie Cat, just in case.

Elyse

Do you mean Cassie does not have her own cell phone????:confused::eek::p

lvpets2002
02-16-2009, 03:19 PM
:love: Hey no need to drive to Texas & then back to LA.. We will be headed that away to Laura's for pickup.. Anyone from CA want to fly into DFW & the Furr Purr Clann will pick all up & head to Laura's..

Pinot's Mom
02-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh, Roco, I'm so excited to hear from you and the Furr Purr Clan! I was getting worried!!:love::love: We'll dance the night away!

I'm trying to get caught up on my beauty sleep in time for the big excursion.:) I'll see you all soon!

Pinot:)

Pinot's Mom
02-18-2009, 08:01 AM
OK Kitties, it's time for Mardi Gras! We're all set to meet up and hit the road tomorrow! Wear your beads, say bye bye to Meowmie and I'll see you then! :D

:love:Pinot

Laura's Babies
02-18-2009, 08:46 AM
My girls have the MG fever big time! Mardi Gras week end is fastly approching. The closer it gets, the higher their excitement. They are screaming at me to make a seafood gumbo for all their guests to snack on before they leave for the parades. Any of their guests coming in on the Amtrak train, we can pick up, there will be plenty of room in the cat van for all, even can pick up the late comers at the airport on our way into the Cresent City. A reminder! Be sure to bring bags for the toys and treats you will catch! Still calling for rain so be ready to get your paws wet!

momcat
02-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Okay fellow kitties,
The eco-friendly hybrid Catmobile is here! Food, toys, nip, and some soft warm blankets are on board. My lovely Inka, her sisters and I will be leaving Trenton very early tomorrow morning headed for our first pick up spot. Please check Pinot's itinerary for details.

Be sure to keep your cell phones on. We'll be calling you when we reach your neighborhood so you don't have to wait outside in this cold weather. Get a good night's sleep so you're ready to party hearty!

At last, we are on our way!

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
02-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Cassie Cat is so excited! Let the good times roll! Thank you again, Groucho and Pinot for putting this all together!

lvpets2002
02-20-2009, 03:21 PM
:eek: WoW look at what we got for the road trip to Laura's house.. Any Kitty Babies for some CrawFish as Snacks??

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/seedo11-1_42.jpg

Prairie Purrs
02-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Lily is so excited! She's hoping to catch a few beads at the St. Louis Mardi Gras parade before she dashes over to the Arch to meet the catmobile.

Pinot's Mom
02-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Lily, don't worry, Pinot has checked in. The kitties will be joining the Lumiere Place Grand Parade at 11AM as a warm up for N'awlins. Who knew this was such an event in the midwest? They'll all watch the parade, catch beads and treats, and meet Lily at the Arch afterwards. Pinot is hoping they'll see her on the Parade route beforehand, but if not, the meeting's all set.

Party on, kitties!!:D

Pinot's Mom
02-21-2009, 09:56 PM
According to Pinot & Groucho, things are not only going according to plan, but they were all pleasantly surprised in St. Louis. They saw the parade, caught all kinds of things, and the Catmobile went on to the Big Easy. They promise to check in with their purrents....

Prairie Purrs
02-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Rumor has it that the kitties of the Catmobile Krewe were a big hit at the parade and party in St. Louis! Everyone in the Soulard neighborhood wanted to know about those cats with all the beads. I'm told there will be pictures of the parade.

columbine
02-22-2009, 06:52 PM
A Purrrade? Smudge wants in! And a shrimp poboy too, please!

He's so funny about the beads - he doesn't seem to want me to take them away. He sits up, looks gravely at them, poses for a bit, turns around and lies down to sleep with them still on. He's a serious-looking little guy, but who can resist a bit of glitz at Mardi Gras?

Love, Columbine

Laura's Babies
02-23-2009, 12:56 PM
All the Baton Rouge parades are over and after a week end of parade after parade, my girls are wore out and resting up for FAT TUESDAY in the Big Easy!! They are taking the day off in hopes of recharging their energy for tomorrow. They are just chillin out around the house.

Boo just collapsed on the bed...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0408.jpg

Amy fell on the closest kitty sofa, exhausted!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0409.jpg

Giz took the big sofa, exhausted
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0411.jpg

It is going to be sunny weather in the Big Easy for Fat Tuesday!!

Samantha made it to the bedroom with Boo and took the bottom bunk, to tired to jump any higher...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0412.jpg

Killearn Kitties
02-23-2009, 02:32 PM
So are all our kitties staying with you Laura? :eek: That must be some houseful!

Laura's Babies
02-23-2009, 03:32 PM
I was assuming arrangements were made for everyone to stay in the Big Easy in the Catmobile, we are about 1- 1 1/2 hours away, parking is terrible down there right now and going daily would mean having to park so far away. Between the drive times and finding a place to park, then walking to where the parades are.. there would be little time and energy left to have a good time. I had thought the catmobile would accommodate everyone for the time they would need there and had arranged a GOOD parking spot in a convenient location. My babies aren't even going today but plan to spend the day there tomorrow and come home when the party breaks up since they have partied so much in Baton Rouge already (they are regretting that now.. :rolleyes:).

Killearn Kitties
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Just as well someone has some local knowledge and knows the best thing to do. I'm sure the catmobile is more than confortable to live in, and all those fishy snacks! Heaven.

Pinot's Mom
02-24-2009, 08:55 AM
The Catmobile is safe and secure in the Big Easy with all kitties checked in. They have a great parking spot just far enough away from the revelry, but close enough not to miss anything. Pinot & Groucho have made cell phone contact with Laura's Babies and lvpets fur purr clan; they know where to meet. Sparkler's kitty guards are set to make sure she's well taken care of and helped along.

I understand they got in town for the Proteus and Orpheus Krewes last evening; they were scheduled for the Zulu and Rex Krewes this morning. Pinot & Groucho are keeping us posted!:D

Laura's Babies
02-24-2009, 09:17 AM
I have just returned from dropping the girls off at the catmobile and they are MOST excited about the Zulu parade.. Giz's main thing is she wants one of those famous Zulu coconuts! She has a big sack to put it in and does not plan to share her prized catch if she gets one.

It will be a long exciting day for all but I will have to wait until I get back in March to read all the reports on how much fun they had and WHAT if any problems they had, WHO got into trouble... I will be picking up my girls tonight when they shut the party down, bring them home then head out to catch my boat.

momcat
02-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Groucho just checked in and says our kitties are having a wonderful time! Everyone is quite comfortable in the Catmobile between an ample supply of tasty food, soft pillows and warm blankets. His favorite part so far was hearing Dr. John sing Iko Iko. All of our revelers are getting along well, watching out for each other, and on their very best behavior. Lady Edwina said the Catmobile Krewe got themselves a primo parking spot. Hmm, no word about when our babies plan to head home.....

Laura's Babies
02-24-2009, 08:41 PM
My girls are going to be so happy that they got to see Dr. John and heard their fav song.. Darn! I got a text message from them saying they were going to see the Doctor and I thought they meant the white coats and have been worried to death that someone was sick or got hit with a Zulu Coconut this morning! :rolleyes: PHEW!! Why couldn't they have just said Dr John!!??

I think for Mardi Gras they come through the French Quarter with fire hoses and run everybofy off at Midnight but I am hoping the Catmobile will just sit tight and let all those who have drank to much get home and off the highways before they start leaving there. That will give them time to rehash the day, swap phone numbers and addresses and get to know one another better... OR get some sleep and rest so they will be wired when they get home wanting to show off their throws and repete the days activities. I just HOPE nobodys paws got stomped when reaching for that favorite throw that landed on the ground... THAT HURTS! :eek:

Pinot's Mom
02-25-2009, 07:30 AM
All I got was a picture from Pinot late last evening. She's not telling me when they're coming back - I think they're having too good of a time - still! I'll update when I can...:)

catmandu
02-25-2009, 08:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies2197.jpg
That looks great to me, and The Found Cats are taking ME on My First Official Trip as a Found Cat.
And My Very Own Grand Dad Tubby 2 Angels is going to show me where All the Best Places to eat are.
This is a Cood Year for an Ex Porch Cat!!!:love::love::love:

katladyd
02-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Ebony T., there is no better city to overeat in than New Orleans. Enjoy!

Pinot's Mom
02-25-2009, 12:28 PM
I know Laura won't see this until she gets back, but I wanted to post a report texted from Pinot & the gang, who are all en route home.

Princess Lily was supposed to bring home Laura's King cake with some coffee & beignets from Cafe du Monde - there seems to have been some kind of "accident" and the food had to be disposed of immediately ... hmmm :rolleyes:

Pinot's sweetheart Roco and the lvpets2002 gang were a big hit with the crawfish treats they brought along! Thank you!:love:

Laura's Amy was a big hit at the Dr. John show; she showed everyone the dance moves!:) This was especially appreciated by the twinkle toed Eddie and the ladies from Killearn who danced the night away! :D

Lady Edwina, of course, gave all kinds of fashion tips to the girls - can't wear too much of the beads, you know, it's just too gaudy! :eek:

Eve and the Found Cats seem to have been up to something, but that text got a little ...MURKY... :confused: on purpose? We'll see...

Sparkler got VERY FRIENDLY with one of her kitty guards! :love:

Well, that's what I have for you. I'm sure we'll all hear the rest of the stories when they get home. All will arrive at their front doors very soon! I have told Pinot she's taking some time off when she gets back - she needs a rest after this winter! :)

cassiesmom
02-25-2009, 12:49 PM
What is Cassie doing after the trip to NOLA? Resting!
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u164/kchuk7/cassie011-1.jpg

Edwina's Secretary
02-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Just like Cassie...
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/cassienaps.jpg?t=1235685793

Edwina and Eddie arrived home.....Exhausted!!!!
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_4560.jpg?t=1235685862

When they awake I look forward to the stories they are willing to share!

phesina
02-26-2009, 07:18 PM
My gang just crashed right out after they got home.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=899

I'm hoping to learn from Sparkler just what went on and WHAT she was doing with WHOM!!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=113&pictureid=905

Bobby danced the night away with his beloved Amy, and he is sleeping now, enjoying sweet dreams.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=114&pictureid=908

Sydney and Elmer: "Meowmie, we're TRYING to get some sleep here!"

Prairie Purrs
02-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Lily went straight upstairs to bed, with no pictures allowed until she's had her beauty sleep. She muttered something about there being a perfectly good explanation for the missing king cake, but she dozed off before I could ask any questions.

Bengalz
02-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Eve is Exhausted:D;) She had a wonderful time and wants to thank everyone for their superb hospitality:D She and the Found Cats have some cat secrets, I'm sure:p, however, it may be a while before those stories are revealed;)

At the moment -- it's NAP TIME!!

momcat
03-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Just like his fellow travellers, Groucho is out cold. When he first got home he was so excited, Laura's seafood gumbo was out of this world and the king cake was to die for! Everyone had loads of fun in the Catmobile singing, practicing their dance steps with Amy, snacking and of course grabbing naps. When he's awake, Groucho keeps singing Iko Iko and showing off his newly acquired dance steps. The parades were spectacular though Groucho did say a few of them had to dodge the Zulu Coconuts. He said all the kitties were very comfortable camping out in the Catmobile, plenty of pillows and blankets for all. Pinot did an outstanding job as copilot and twice kept the very careful Catmobile driver from getting lost.

Rest up, sweet kitties! You've all had a very exciting week. All of us Meowmies can't wait to hear all the details!

Pinot's Mom
03-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I still want to know about the Sparkler story - there are some very tight lips on that one! :)

momcat
03-09-2009, 10:09 PM
I still want to know about the Sparkler story - there are some very tight lips on that one! :)

I'll check for it and mail you back Could I ask you to give Pinot tons of scritchies and lovies from me?

Pinot's Mom
03-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I'll check for it and mail you back Could I ask you to give Pinot tons of scritchies and lovies from me?

:) Absolutely! Same to Groucho from me! :love:

And, yes, rest up kitties, you're on to St. Patty's Day in Chicago! :D

phesina
03-10-2009, 01:30 PM

So do I! She's not letting me in on it.