PDA

View Full Version : What would Jenn do?

RICHARD
02-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Fresno library lets Danville pilot's late fees fly

Hero pilot Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger of Danville is now every librarian's hero, too.

When the US Airways pilot's plane ended up at the bottom of the Hudson River on Jan. 15, so did a book he had checked out from the library at California State University, Fresno, through his local library near Danville.

Sullenberger contacted library officials and asked for an extension and waiver of overdue fees because the book, probably also a little waterlogged, was in the airliner's cargo hold when the plane went down.

Sullenberger, who helped save the lives of his 150 passengers when he and his crew glided the crippled plane to an emergency landing, has been attracting national attention for the past few weeks, popping up at Sunday's Super Bowl, the inauguration and a hometown welcome party attended by a couple thousand people. He and his crew are set to give their first media interview Sunday on the CBS show "60 Minutes."

Fresno State library officials said they were struck by Sullenberger's sense of responsibility and did him one better: They're waiving all fees, even lost book fees, and placing a template in the replacement book dedicating it to him.

The book's subject? Professional ethics.

-------------

I loved this story!:D

Daisy and Delilah
02-03-2009, 03:25 PM
That story is fabulous!!!:)

lizbud
02-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Quite a coincidence. A remarkable man.:)

jennielynn1970
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Wait just a minute there, young man!!! He asked for an EXTENSION??? For what??? Bringing up a soggy and destroyed book?? Hmpf. Sounds like he didn't want to admit he had lost/destroyed their book to me. And was it overdue to begin with??!! Sounds like he was a fibber!!! He wanted to get away with it!!:eek:

Off with his head!!!

:p
But seriously, I'd just be like, holy crap, thank god you're still alive. I hope you weren't reading on the job, and next time, renew your book before you leave for your next trip. Then, write off the book and make to mark in his personal records what a responsible patron he is! ;)

RICHARD
02-03-2009, 05:59 PM
:p
But seriously, I'd just be like, holy crap, thank god you're still alive. I hope you weren't reading on the job, and next time, renew your book before you leave for your next trip. Then, write off the book and make to mark in his personal records what a responsible patron he is! ;)

Thought you'd like the story!:D