PDA

View Full Version : Costume and "Junk" jewelry

moosmom
02-03-2009, 01:38 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has any costume or junk jewelry they have in their jewelry box that they never wear. I will be glad to pay for them. The reason I'm looking is I've started a business, "Framed Memories". I decorate frames and sell them at flea markets and craft fairs. I like doing antique frames with old jewelry cuz it makes it look authentic.

Like I said, I'll be happy to pay for it plus shipping. Please let me know, and thanks.

caseysmom
02-03-2009, 03:21 PM
I most likely do let me look at home and I will send you a pm.....

lvpets2002
02-03-2009, 03:37 PM
:) I am sure I do as well.. Lets me do some lookie lookie..

beeniesmom
02-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Cool idea. I'll have to look.

Logan
02-04-2009, 08:22 AM
I don't have anything to contribute, Donna, but would love to see some pictures of your work. It sounds like a great idea!

lvpets2002
02-04-2009, 09:26 AM
:) If I remember right = Donna started a Thread in Market of her stuff.. You might look there..
I don't have anything to contribute, Donna, but would love to see some pictures of your work. It sounds like a great idea!

Puckstop31
02-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Cool idea... Sounds like a good idea for a ETSY site.

PM Sparks and she would probably be happy to get ya started. Her site is doing REALLY well. :) I mean, we are not swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck, but it is nice. LOL

moosmom
02-04-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm going to trademark the name of my business. I've got a friend who works for the state and she looked it up for me. It's not taken.

I've been working my booty off getting frames ready for an upcoming flea market in March. This first year is going to be testing the waters to see what themes sell and which ones don't. I'm also going to do photo albums with different themes.

I also do antique frames (that's why I need costume jewelry) and put my Mom's old picture in it for effect.

I'd like to have my own website but am totally CLUELESS as to how to start one. I'll take orders for any kind of frame except hunting.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you have.

Puckstop31
02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm going to trademark the name of my business. I've got a friend who works for the state and she looked it up for me. It's not taken.

I've been working my booty off getting frames ready for an upcoming flea market in March. This first year is going to be testing the waters to see what themes sell and which ones don't. I'm also going to do photo albums with different themes.

I also do antique frames (that's why I need costume jewelry) and put my Mom's old picture in it for effect.

I'd like to have my own website but am totally CLUELESS as to how to start one. I'll take orders for any kind of frame except hunting.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you have.

Awwww, so you won't make a frame to hang the Fan and Beard of my spring turkeys? :)

J/K Just messing with ya. LOL

I will remind her to PM you. But for starters, check out the main site. www.etsy.com IMHO, the key to a successful ETSY site is networking (go to the chat rooms and meet people... talk about your stuff) and GOOD pics on your site. Seeing as this ESTY thing is Tanya's latest obsession, she should be happy to help you.

Good Luck!

moosmom
02-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks Puckstop.