PDA

View Full Version : Welcoming back the Black & Gold

davidpizzica
02-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Right now there is a huge parade welcoming back the Steelers to Pittsburgh. The crowd is tremendous and and everyone is in Black and gold. A great day for Pittsburgh.

lvpets2002
02-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Hurray for the Team..I will bet the Parade is very nice..

davidpizzica
02-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Hurray for the Team..I will bet the Parade is very nice..

Oh, it is! It's Black & Gold everything in downtown Pittsburgh. It's amazing that we not only have the youngest mayor of a major city, but also the youngest head coach of a major football team and the youngest quarterback to win two Super Bowls. Black & Gold pride is here!

lvpets2002
02-03-2009, 03:54 PM
:eek: WoW I did not know you all broke the record for Youngness..I know all is so happy & celebrating..Hey wonder what the Orc would look like in Black & Orange??

davidpizzica
02-03-2009, 04:42 PM
:eek: WoW I did not know you all broke the record for Youngness..I know all is so happy & celebrating..Hey wonder what the Orc would look like in Black & Orange??

I don't know, but I think he'll need A LOT of black & orange paint and a HUGE terrible towel!!

lvpets2002
02-03-2009, 04:45 PM
:p For Sure the Terrible Towl && MayBe thats what the Dallas Cowboys need is a Orc on their Buttss with a Terrible Towl..

cassiesmom
02-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Question - What is a terrible towel?

davidpizzica
02-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Question - What is a terrible towel?

A terrible towel is a small yellow towel with black lettering that the Pittsburgh fans wave and twirl above their heads to rally the Steelers to a touchdown and/or to rally them to win the game. Everyone in Pittsburgh has one and are seen everywhere around the world.

Medusa
02-04-2009, 06:33 AM
My son nearly lost his mind over the Super Bowl game. I'm not into sports but occasionally I'd check the score and saw that they were winning, then suddenly the tide turned! What a nail biter that game was! I told him I'd light a candle for the Steelers and when they won, he called me from L.A. and all 35 people at his party yelled into the phone "We love you, Mom!". Yay Steelers! :D

4 Dog Mother
02-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Ben Roethlisberger is from Findlay so there is a lot of Steelers fans here too. I am not a football fan so I did not watch the game but my husband had it on and was watching it. I did not know that the new coach was that young and of course, I did not know about the mayor at all. Pittsburgh has a lot to be proud of right now.

CountryWolf07
02-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Ben Roethlisberger is from Findlay so there is a lot of Steelers fans here too. I am not a football fan so I did not watch the game but my husband had it on and was watching it. I did not know that the new coach was that young and of course, I did not know about the mayor at all. Pittsburgh has a lot to be proud of right now.

I actually didn't know that about Ben.

But anywayyyyyys..

Go Browns. ;) Sorry.

davidpizzica
02-04-2009, 11:34 AM
My son nearly lost his mind over the Super Bowl game. I'm not into sports but occasionally I'd check the score and saw that they were winning, then suddenly the tide turned! What a nail biter that game was! I told him I'd light a candle for the Steelers and when they won, he called me from L.A. and all 35 people at his party yelled into the phone "We love you, Mom!". Yay Steelers! :D

Mary, I think I added a few more gray hairs to my head watching that game! Also Pittsburgh yesterday had a giant welcome home parade for the Steelers. The whole city was Black & Gold.