PDA

View Full Version : Jingle Belle is sneezing/She's ok-Now it is Scooter Bug! upd #8 2/22/09

Scooter's Mom
02-03-2009, 06:41 AM
I don't have the ability to get her to a vet until Thursday night or Saturday, depending on vet availabiliity. What can I do in the meantime?
She's sneezing a lot... but doesn't seem hot or anything. Just wet sneezes. Her eyes aren't goopy, either.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-03-2009, 07:07 AM
Hm.... how about sitting with her in your bathroom, while the hot shower is on? The steam might help, just in case:)
Let us know what the vet says :)

Freedom
02-03-2009, 07:43 AM
It does sound like the kitty cold. Most likely a round of Clavamox for 7 to 10 days will take care of it. I like Lut's suggestion, until you can get her in to the vet.

Moesha
02-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Do you have any lysine? I saw where Funny Felines was given that by her vet in another post, and I know that Emeraldgreen has mentioned using it for her kitties to fight off the herpes virus when they get it.

lvpets2002
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
:( Oh No So Sorry to hear your baby is not feeling good.. Hopefully the Vet can get this baby some meds & on the healing mend.. Huggss & Prayers & Positive PT Vibes.. keep us posted ok..

Scooter's Mom
02-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Jingle Belle sneezed for about 3 or 4 days. The vet said she was fine, "just a cold". So she was a sneezer for a few days.

She's okay now... but my :love: Scooter Bug started sneezing yesterday!

He is 13 1/2, so I worry about him more than the others. His sneezing is not as bad as Jingle Belle's was, not as wet and not as frequent. And he is fine otherwise.

Do I just keep an eye on him and if he doesn't stop in a day or two, take him in to the vet on Saturday (or if it gets worse)?

Freedom
02-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Chin rubs for Scooter Bug!

I would guess he has what she had and just wait it out for a few days. At least now you've seen the course it takes.

Scooter's Mom
02-22-2009, 07:42 PM
After Scooter Bug sneezed for 10 days, I couldn't wait it out anymore. He went to the vet yesterday afternoon. He's got a cold.

Last time he went was 5/31/2008 and he weighed 7.3 lbs, which was down from 7.8 the year prior. Happily, I can say he is back at 7.8 lbs! He was SO good at the vet. Although he did scratch the vet tech when she was all "this is how you hold a cat to trim his claws" (which I knew, I mean I've had cats my entire life... duh) and he did not like being her example. Good boy. :p

He's in great shape. Got some Clavamox for him as a precaution. Otherwise, keep on keeping on. My baby is doing alright!

Freedom
02-22-2009, 08:11 PM
What a great vet report! Sorry about the kitty cold, but heck, it is JUST a cold, lol!

WAHOO!!

Please deliver snuggles all around!

kittykatharine
03-09-2009, 08:54 PM
I am so sorry Scooterbug has a cold, but the nice thing is it is just a cold. I hope he is feeling better already! :love::love::love: