PDA

View Full Version : Filou- there and back again

Barbara
02-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I came home tonight at half past 7. It was dark. When I drove into the dead end where our house stands I drove very careful as usual- we are a living area and there are quite some kitties outside. I saw some eyes reflecting from close to my husband's car and drove even more careful. Yes- there was a kitty. And then I thought I knew that silhouette- yes it was Filou. I let the car stand on the middle of the street talkin low to Filou and he didn't move. It is freezing cold and there is quite some ice left around the parking. He was sitting, all paws tucked under, in the wet ice, looking rather miserable, and let himself pick up. I rang up a storm as I had left my key in the car and Filou became nervous. When the door opened he jumped into the staircase and went up.

His dad hadn't even noticed he had gone (did I say that Filou can become invisible :rolleyes:).

I am so glad Filou stayed next to his dad's car- he knows it well from his vet excursions. And I'm so glad he didn't run away (he would always do so at home when you tried to pick him up). I didn't have the time to be really shocked because before I could start to think I had him already.

Ok- for those who want to know all the details- I went back down and put the car in the garage ;)

Killearn Kitties
02-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh Barbara! :eek: In this weather. I hope you gave the little devil a good scolding for being so silly as to escape.
I bet you didn't. :D

wolflady
02-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Oh gosh! It's a good thing you came along when you did and lucky he stayed by his daddy's car! I bet he was happy to get inside and get warm! Stay inside Filou!!

Vio&Juni
02-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Brrrr, it is cold outside here. I'm glad he's ok.

Why do they even want to go outside in this weather? I could never understand. We locked Pichu on the balcony last week for a while and at some point, I said: I hear meows, I must go crazy - some people hear voices, I hear meows. Two minutes later, I realized it was Pichu :)

Edwina's Secretary
02-02-2009, 02:49 PM
I hope you gave the little devil a good scolding for being so silly as to escape.

Am I safe in suspecting Filou was not the only one at risk of a good scolding? ;)

Poor Filou...so tiny he could not reach the doorbell to ring for pawpa!

sasvermont
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh my. I had a bad feeling when I started to read about your event, that it would be the little monkey man, in the parking area.

Do you have any idea how long he had been outside?

Ahem, I bet there was much conversation about how he escaped!

Knowing what little worms Abys can be, this doesn't really surpise me. My Abys don't go outside much in the winter (neither do I !!!) due to the cold, but I fight them at the door once the weather becomes spring-like.

I am glad you came home when you did. I know exactly what pose you wrote about...all hunched down, looking petite and fragile. I watched Juni-get-down from afar, this summer when she escaped for a night. She sat like that on my neighbor's lawn and garden areas. Ugh.

I hope Filou learned his lesson.

I am so happy the ending was so positive.::love::love::love::love::love::love:

beeniesmom
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Oh I'm glad he was safe and decided to stay close to home.

Randi
02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Gosh, what a scare to find Filou outside. :eek: But I'm so glad you noticed him and scooped him up. Whew!! Do you have any idea how long he had been there.

I bet you're going to discuss how to avoid it happening again, and let's hope Filou has learned his lesson!

Give him and Tigris some kisses from me, please! :)

catmandu
02-02-2009, 05:46 PM
WE ARE GLAD THAT THE ANIMAL ANGEL SERACH AND RESCUE SQUAD WSA ABLE TO CONVINCE FILOU NOT TO RUN OFF, BUT TO STAY PUT WHERE HE WOULD BE SAFE.
:love::love:
SILLY CATS, ALWAYS DOING THINGS ON AN IMPULSE
:):)

Barbara
02-03-2009, 06:50 AM
He cannot have been outside more than an hour. I am still so glad he didn't hide under the car or whatever.
Yes Sallyanne, I know that you know exactly how he looked:D And yes- it's a monkey man thing.

jenluckenbach
02-03-2009, 03:05 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: What a fright that must have been! Glad all is well again.

momcat
02-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh Filou! How did you ever get stuck outside like that? It's good that Meowmie found you when she did! It's much too cold for a sweet kitty like you to be outside. So from now on be careful, stay warm and stay inside okay? Sending lovies and scritchies just for you :love: :love: :love: :love:

Randy_K
02-03-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm so glad Filou is OK! I can't imagine how terrible it would be for him to be lost in freezing weather. Abys don't put on a winter coat so he must have been cold out there on the ground.

kitten645
02-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Oh goodness Filou!! You must be much more careful and stay inside.
I've had several frights coming home at night and seeing an all backie with a build like Calvins! I've FLOWN in the house to make sure it wasn't him! Thankfully so far it hasn't been. We don't get severe weather here so that isn't a worry but the thought of them slipping away and getting lost is frightening:eek:
I'm glad your story turned out well!
Claudia

krazyaboutkatz
02-04-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm so glad that you found Filou right away and that he hadn't been outside any longer than 1 hour. I hope he's now learned to stay inside and that his daddy has learned to be more aware of where he is inside.:) I'm so thankful that my monkey Aby mix Sunny doesn't ever try to door dash. I just have to watch out for Sky.;)

Sonia59
02-04-2009, 05:14 AM
Oh Filou! I hope he was not too cold, poor boy! His fur is not adapted for cold. I am glad he stayed close by. He knew you would pick him up. Peppito does the same: when he is scared by something he just stays where he is and KNOWS we will rescue him! Jasmine acts the other way around: she is completely uncontrolable and runs everywhere. If ever she escapes one day I am doubting someone can catch her.

kimlovescats
02-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Shame on you, Filou!!!!:eek:

*kiss, kiss, kiss* Now be a good boy, ok?:love:

lizbud
02-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Oh wow, that is scary. I'm so glad this turned out well, for Filou. Did you
ever find out how he got outside?