PDA

View Full Version : A pot to......

RICHARD
02-01-2009, 02:10 PM
GET BUSTED FOR!

Obama's half brother and Micheal Phelps!

BO's bro gets picked up for pot-but. it's o.k., he's a half brother that only met BO once before and Micheal Phelps gets his pic taken dragging on a doobie, brother!

Rest in Peace Billy Carter, You have been replaced!

Grace
02-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Are you really sure you want to continue with this topic?

Shall we start listing names - from both political parties? Should we include spouses, in-laws, half brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles?

Is your own family tree free of scandal, both real and/or imagined?

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Are you really sure you want to continue with this topic?

Shall we start listing names - from both political parties? Should we include spouses, in-laws, half brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles?

Oh yes let's.

I agree with you Grace. I am sure I have a cousin somewhere who is doing something stupid.

RICHARD
02-01-2009, 04:35 PM

Of course I want to go on with it.

PM me and I'll give you a run down of all the seedy, deceitful, unlawful things I have done in my life.

And who cares about my family when I can write a book about me being an AH for a number of years?

I would be stupid not to realize I live in a glass house.

The next show starts at 5:00 p.m. Come by and you can sit on the front lawn-I'll leave your name at the box office!

lizbud
02-01-2009, 04:44 PM
GET BUSTED FOR!

Obama's half brother and Micheal Phelps!

BO's bro gets picked up for pot-but. it's o.k., he's a half brother that only met BO once before and Micheal Phelps gets his pic taken dragging on a doobie, brother!

Like you never did any of those things yourself ? :p

I would call this a non news story

RICHARD
02-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Like you never did any of those things yourself ? :p

PLease!

With the exception of Murder, Cannibalism and Insider Trading - Guilty.....

PM me.

I'll make your toes curl. Everyone love a bad boy.

Karen
02-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Unfortunately, the media takes great pride in building people up - then bringing them down.

Frankly, neither story is of much interest to me. They are private citizens, their business is their own.

RICHARD
02-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Unfortunately, the media takes great pride in building people up - then bringing them down.

Frankly, neither story is of much interest to me. They are private citizens, their business is their own.

But how many PT members have been involved in a high speed police chase?:eek:;):D

blue
02-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Does this mean he has to give up his Golds?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00479/phelps_479089a.jpg

Karen
02-01-2009, 07:17 PM

No, seeing as the alleged event took place long after the Olympics.

DJFyrewolf36
02-01-2009, 07:34 PM
I have this itch to remind people that the device pictured is legal to posess as a tobacco product.

What publication is that picture in, out of curiostiy?

blue
02-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Timesonlineuk.

kitten645
02-01-2009, 11:20 PM
I heard it was the VERY high brow Weekly World News :p:rolleyes: My first thought was...a bong? really? What is this? 1976? ROFL! Wadeva!:cool:
Claudia

blue
02-01-2009, 11:24 PM
I heard it was the VERY high brow Weekly World News :p:rolleyes: My first thought was...a bong? really? What is this? 1976? ROFL! Wadeva!:cool:
Claudia

Actual link to the pic I posted.

Obviously not the Weekly World News. Unless the Times online UK and the WWN are the same thing?

They stopped using bongs in 1976?

blue
02-01-2009, 11:59 PM
I have this itch to remind people that the device pictured is legal to posess as a tobacco product.

The Olympic swimming star Michael Phelps quickly acknowledged his poor judgment after a photograph showing him inhaling from a marijuana pipe was published Sunday in a British newspaper.

Source (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/02/sports/othersports/02phelps.html?ref=sports).

pomtzu
02-02-2009, 10:43 AM

No - but he stands to lose big bucks if the products he endorses dump him. His own stupidity I would say. :eek:

RICHARD
02-02-2009, 01:36 PM
He was really trying to blow out a plugged garbage disposal clog in the kitchen.
That's the new story.

Bejing Olympic Superstar Micheal Phleps has recanted his version and apology of the photos allegedly showing him inhaling from a marijuana water pipe.

"Dude, I was at a party and we were trying to get rid of some of the munchi---
Ah, food we are scarfing down. We plugged up the dispsoal when someone dropped a Taco Bell burrito wrapper in, and someone suggested I blow out the clog with my awesome lung power.....Dude, I can hold my breath almost the length of the pool, ya know?"

Can he still rin for president now?

Phleps also has a DUI on his record, after getting picked up for boozing and driving after the 04 Athens games!:eek:

Puckstop31
02-02-2009, 03:13 PM
No - but he stands to lose big bucks if the products he endorses dump him. His own stupidity I would say. :eek:

Looky there! We have some common ground! :love:

It was certainly stupid to let somebody take a picture of it. I reckon "learning" to be a celebrity has a curve. LOL

Now, what I can't wait for is the 2012 games... When he is kicking ass, taking names and asking for seconds, the media morons will be talking about this. LOL

Hey Europe.... We RULE at sports. Get over it. You will still win at soccer, tennis, sometimes in golf and hockey when Canada has an off year.

LOL

RICHARD
02-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Now we know why he eats so many calories when he trains....

MUNCHIES!

LOLOLOL,

Exhales.......DUDE, Betcha I can swim faster than anyone here! No wayyyyyyy!

--------------

That's not a marijuana pipe.....It's a snorkel!

lvpets2002
02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
:rolleyes: Oh I think M Phelps is so just a kid.. He did not even think about someone taken his pic.. Now he could have said he was smoking CatNip.. That might of sounded better.. I do think this is not what Wheaties wants on the front of their box.. As we say We Live & Learn by Our Mistakes.. Well here is his second one.. The first one was in 2004 when he got a DWI..

RICHARD
02-02-2009, 05:12 PM
As we say We Live & Learn by Our Mistakes.. Well here is his second one.. The first one was in 2004 when he got a DWI..

So, I get a pass on my 'cemetary smoke out' back in the day!

YES!!!!!!

DJFyrewolf36
02-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Looky there! We have some common ground! :love:

It was certainly stupid to let somebody take a picture of it. I reckon "learning" to be a celebrity has a curve. LOL

Now, what I can't wait for is the 2012 games... When he is kicking ass, taking names and asking for seconds, the media morons will be talking about this. LOL

Hey Europe.... We RULE at sports. Get over it. You will still win at soccer, tennis, sometimes in golf and hockey when Canada has an off year.

LOL

This made me :D

RICHARD
02-02-2009, 11:44 PM
I was wondering what or how many endorsements MP will lose.

I guess it depends on whether or not you commit a felony, misdemeanor and how fast you make a public apology?:confused:

lvpets2002
02-03-2009, 09:17 AM
:) Yes Richard you will be Pardened for that..:D AnyMore Confessions we need to hear/read about??:p
So, I get a pass on my 'cemetary smoke out' back in the day!

YES!!!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
02-03-2009, 09:21 AM
George Bush used cocaine, abused alcohol, had a DUI and still was able to be president.

I thinnk Michael will survive.

lizbud
02-03-2009, 04:32 PM
George Bush used cocaine, abused alcohol, had a DUI and still was able to be president.

I thinnk Michael will survive.

I'm sure Michael will.

And George had a rich daddy & that always helps.:)

lvpets2002
02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
:) See M Phelps dont need a Rich Daddy due to He is Rich..:p
I'm sure Michael will.

And George had a rich daddy & that always helps.:)

RICHARD
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
:) Yes Richard you will be Pardened for that..:D AnyMore Confessions we need to hear/read about??:p

PM me and I'll tell you some knee slappers!;)

lizbud
02-03-2009, 06:16 PM
:) See M Phelps dont need a Rich Daddy due to He is Rich..:p

See, we don't have to worry about either of them, do we?:)

RICHARD
02-03-2009, 06:25 PM
See, we don't have to worry about either of them, do we?:)

Nope, But we do have to worry about them when they get INTO office.

I ain't gonna rattle the primate cage.:o

Medusa
02-06-2009, 06:34 AM
I read yesterday that Phelps was suspended for his pot smoking photo. I don't have the link, sorry. He's just a kid and given what some athletes have done, it pales in comparison but it was still a stupid move on his part and his stupidity may cost him. He isn't an athlete that plays at his sport seasonally for money just as football, basketball and baseball players do. His money would come mainly from endorsements, wouldn't it? If he's suspended, I imagine that companies wouldn't be so eager to have him endorse their products. I don't know; I'm asking.

Moesha
02-06-2009, 07:16 AM
USA Swimming Suspends Phelps for 3 Months (http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/WireStory?id=6816007&page=3)

There's a link to the ABCNews story.
Here are a couple of brief quotes from the article that may address your questions:

Michael Phelps' day grew lousier by the hour on Thursday. First he lost a major sponsor, then he got suspended. The Olympic great was suspended from competition for three months by USA Swimming, the latest fallout from a photo that showed him inhaling from a marijuana pipe.

The sport's national governing body also cut off its financial support to Phelps for the same three-month period, effective immediately.

Earlier Thursday, cereal and snack maker Kellogg Co. announced it wouldn't renew its sponsorship contract with Phelps, saying his behavior is "not consistent with the image of Kellogg." The swimmer appeared on the company's cereal boxes after his Olympic triumph.

USA Swimming provides a $1,750 monthly stipend to national team members to help defray travel and training expenses, plus performance bonuses. However, it's a small percentage of the millions Phelps makes through endorsements.

RICHARD
02-06-2009, 11:38 AM
That kinda sucks that he got caught, think of all the stimulus he injected into the economy with all the munchy money he'll stop using.:(

Karen
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
I do think it is kind of sad that he uses the excuse of being "immature" or "
young" to account for his actions. It may be true, but he's 23 for goodness sake. There are men and women 5 years younger than that putting their own lives at risk every day in our military. I know his own road has not been easy, certainly he has been extremely dedicated to his sport, etc., but 23 is kind of old to use as an excuse, in my humble opinion.

I do think the three-month suspension is appropriate - he can still train, etc., just cannot compete for that time. And maybe he'll learn.

Grace
02-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I do think it is kind of sad that he uses the excuse of being "immature" or "
young" to account for his actions. It may be true, but he's 23 for goodness sake. There are men and women 5 years younger than that putting their own lives at risk every day in our military. I know his own road has not been easy, certainly he has been extremely dedicated to his sport, etc., but 23 is kind of old to use as an excuse, in my humble opinion.

I do think the three-month suspension is appropriate - he can still train, etc., just cannot compete for that time. And maybe he'll learn.

His apology was very similar to the one he gave back in 2004, when he was arrested and charged with DUI. If he didn't learn then, what makes him sure he will learn now?

I really don't have any problem with him using the stuff, but he should have been smart enough to do it out of sight of prying eyes. IMO, that's where his stupidity shows.

RICHARD
02-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I do admire him for jumping out there and admitting it-kinda hard to deny when you have your mug sucking off a bong for the world to see- But that is the way the PR machine runs.

Do you think Christian Bale would have avoided his controversy had he had a bong screwed into his mug?:confused:;):D

Edwina's Secretary
02-06-2009, 06:54 PM
There are men and women 5 years younger than that putting their own lives at risk every day in our military.

And, as a neighbor of Camp Pendleton, I can tell you there is plenty of weed going on there as well! The difference is you can't sell a photo of Joe Marine Recruit hitting a bong for millions of dollars.

Phelps has admited it was wrong and he has apologized...and he is paying BIG. I am not condoning what he did but can't we move on to tearing someone else down now?

Medusa
02-07-2009, 04:48 AM
I haven't seen any evidence of tearing down Phelps. He's a celebrity athlete, he was arrogant enough to allow his photo to be taken while sucking on a bong; it's newsworthy. The majority of us have simply commented on the story or asked questions. He isn't competing right now so if he wants to smoke the stuff, it's his business, I guess, but he knows that a story like this could be potentially harmful to his career and/or image. As Karen stated, he's 23 years old and if he doesn't realize what the ramifications of his actions could be, then his "people" do and they should've warned him.

lizbud
02-07-2009, 10:00 AM
I really don't have any problem with him using the stuff, but he should have been smart enough to do it out of sight of prying eyes. IMO, that's where his stupidity shows.

I would not say stupid, I would say he showed immaturity. This guy didn't
raise & train fighting dogs. He didn't rob a bank or participate in a drive by
shooting. He took a hit of weed.:rolleyes: I think the reaction to the picture
has been way over the top. IMHO

RICHARD
02-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Hey,

Mom, See......You said that I should stop smoking weed...Micheal Phelps smokes weed and he won all those gold medals......you are so stupid.

Edwina's Secretary
02-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I haven't seen any evidence of tearing down Phelps. He's a celebrity athlete, he was arrogant enough to allow his photo to be taken while sucking on a bong; it's newsworthy. The majority of us have simply commented on the story or asked questions. He isn't competing right now so if he wants to smoke the stuff, it's his business, I guess, but he knows that a story like this could be potentially harmful to his career and/or image. As Karen stated, he's 23 years old and if he doesn't realize what the ramifications of his actions could be, then his "people" do and they should've warned him.

Really, Medusa...do you think he knew of or condoned his photo being taken?

What makes me sad is the guy is a swimmer. And an exceptional one. So that makes him a "celebrity." And that makes him a target of anyone with a cell phone camera or the like who can make a million dollars by taking a photo.

And that is what I mean by tearing him down. These people who take pleasure...and money...in letting us know that successful people are human...with many of the same weaknesses the rest of us have.

What makes this newsworthy? That he is human? Should he have known better? -- of course. But I guess I have made mistakes in my life that I would rather not have splattered all over the front page of the newspaper.

And I feel compassion for him...it must be difficult when every move you make, every zit, every burp, every scratch of a personal place is "newsworthy" especially when you are 23.

Medusa
02-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Really, Medusa...do you think he knew of or condoned his photo being taken?

I think he knew that it was a good possibility that someone could or would take his photo. He doesn't live in a bubble. Like it or not, he's a celebrity and he's watched. Unfortunately, this happens a lot. People are put on a pedestal and there's always someone waiting and anxious to kick it out from under them. I'm not condoning the actions of the person who took the photo any more than I'm condoning Phelps'; merely commenting that he knows that the whole world is watching. What makes it newsworthy is not that he's human, as you say, but that he's a gold medalist. I don't care if he or anyone else smokes pot but others obviously do care. I wouldn't want my mistakes made public for everyone to see either but then, no one cares much about my conduct or yours because we're not in the public eye.

RICHARD
02-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm not condoning the actions of the person who took the photo any more than I'm condoning Phelps'; merely commenting that he knows that the whole world is watching.

LOLOL, Trust me, If he backfired and split bong water or the burning pot on your new carpet or microfiber couch, there would be hell to pay.

GILL
02-09-2009, 01:47 PM
I think the media has made to big a deal out of it. I grew up in the 60's everyone took a hit. BIG DEAL. There are more important things to worry about. I'm more concerned that the “quote” Big celb's, football, baseball, and basketball are the ones that the kids are following. There is much more than a little weed being used there

RICHARD
02-11-2009, 11:53 AM
6 men at the pot party were arrested and charged, including the moron who was trying to sell the bong on EBay.
No Phelps arrest - while everyone else gets busted by Sheriff Taylor-

No one's gonna mar the sanctity of Mayberry and put Opie at risk.

So much for the effing law and being famous.

Mike, met Alex, Barry and the rest.

AHs.

DJFyrewolf36
02-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Im of the opnion no one should have gotten arrested, however it is unfair if he wasn't charged and everyone else was.

I live in an area where at absolute most, if you're caught you get a ticket. Most of the time the police just tell you to keep it inside. I fail to see what the huge deal is. According to some people though, pot is the cause of most of the worlds evil, right along with single mothers and murderers :rolleyes:. Personally I'd rather booze be illigal if people want to split hairs over what vices are acceptable.

I mean no offense to anyone here. I'm just passionate about my beliefs. I won't deny anyone the right to disagree with me though ;)

RICHARD
02-11-2009, 08:06 PM
IT is not a big deal.

BUT, My concern is the AH PD that has to make a big deal out of it.

I don't condone what he did, I have been in the presence of burning hemp before. My arguement is about how the media will run with it and how the authorities will react.

Therea are other 'athletes' who have done much worse and been forgiven.

What about Marv Albert? YES!

( I love that SUBWAY kept him on....THere ain't nothing tastier than a fresh BMT should you be buzzing around the hood!)