PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite Hot Sauce?

blue
01-31-2009, 12:32 AM
Mine is a toss up. Its either Franks Red Hot Original, I didnt know that the XTRA Hot existed, or Trappey's Red Devil.

Ill post in the recipe thread for homemade hot sauces.

Taz_Zoee
01-31-2009, 11:49 AM
NONE!! I do not like hot/spicy foods. Last night I had chicken strips and the BBQ sauce was hot. I was not happy. :(

shepgirl
01-31-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't do hot sauce either. If I do I can feel my stomach hurting all night and into next day.

RICHARD
01-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Franks, Tapatio, Sriracha and Red Rooster.

I love the Louisana style better than the Mexican brands, they do not filter the sauces and they are way too gritty!

Daisy and Delilah
01-31-2009, 02:05 PM
I love spicy food but I don't really like bottled hot sauce.

I like cayenne pepper, jalapeno peppers, red pepper flakes, and hot chiles.:)

Moesha
01-31-2009, 03:11 PM
We usually use Franks if we are making buffalo wings or Louisiana Hot Sauce for cooking crabs or lobsters in it. I know some people that really like Texas Pete's. Hmm I had a recipe for making some years ago. I will have to dig around and see if I can find it. I love spicy foods. I'm still looking for habenero Doritos. They used to make them, but I think they've been discontinued. I can't find them anywhere, not even online.

joycenalex
01-31-2009, 05:27 PM
in my fridge i have sriracha hot chili sauce, texas pete hot pepper sauce (great on eggs, potatoes and mild cheese rolled up in a tortilia.) and a batch of homemade brother junipers peppermash

RICHARD
01-31-2009, 06:28 PM
The Sriracha is mostly a puree of chili peppers, I saw a program about how it came to be put on the market.
A man in So Cal made it at home and his friends loved it so much they asked him for bottles of it. He made it at home and later started to mass produce it for the public!

It's way to peppery for me. I love the sauces with vinegar as a base!:cool:

prechrswife
01-31-2009, 08:17 PM
I love spicy food, but am not much of a hot sauce person. When I do, it is Tabasco. (I'm a native Louisianian.)

wolflady
01-31-2009, 08:24 PM
I rather like the Maggi lines of hot sauce (Indian flavors). Right now I have the Maggi Hot Chili Garlic sauce in the fridge. I also like Red Rooster.

Lilith Cherry
01-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Out here in China we have lots of hot sauces to choose from - my favourite is a yellow one called "Lantern" Pretty hot but tasty too and I get requests to bring home jars for friends and family when I visit Canada.

krazyaboutkatz
02-01-2009, 01:05 AM
I don't like hot and spicy foods so I'd never use any hot sauces. It's mild or nothing.

beeniesmom
02-01-2009, 04:50 AM
I LOVE hot sauces. More than 'heat' I prefer 'tangy'.
I really like a bunch of different kinds but probably my favorites are: paul prudome's (http://www.chefpaul.com/cart_image.php?version=d&productID=143&version=) and texas pete. :o

RipplingWaves55
02-01-2009, 05:28 AM
I don't like hot and spicy foods so I'd never use any hot sauces. It's mild or nothing.

Oh, I love spicy foods. I prefer Louisiana hot sauce or la victoria red taco sauce. :)

Kfamr
02-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Frank's is where it's at.

DJFyrewolf36
02-01-2009, 11:56 AM
My absolute favorite is Tapatio but I really do like most hot sauces. I eat the Taco Bell fire sauce right from the package lol.

Very rarely do I run across something "too spicy". My dad makes a sausage dish where the sausages have to slow cook in about 12 different hot sauces. If that doesn't curl your toe hair I don't know what will! I grew up on spicy food so nothing bothers me now :p