PDA

View Full Version : Close call for Buster. DON'T HIDE IN THE COUCH!

columbine
01-29-2009, 10:20 PM
(Original story) (http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/01/puppy_accidentl.html)

Puppy accidentally taken out with the trash is saved
January 29, 2009

By Stewart Bishop, Globe Correspondent

A tragedy was averted in Braintree when a lost puppy was rescued after it had been accidentally put in the back of a rubbish truck.

Cynthia Ferguson had left a couch on Commercial Street Friday for Capital Waste Services Inc. to collect, not realizing that Buster, her 7-month-old Chihuahua, had crawled inside.

"I didn't really catch it right away, when we were moving the couch," Ferguson said today. "There were about six dogs playing at my house that day; they get all excited like little kids."

Ferguson said she was looking around for Buster when she remembered the couch. "I got a chill up my back and I said 'Oh my God!' ''

She immediately ran outside, but the couch was gone. Ferguson then called Town Hall, where someone connected her with Capital Waste Services Inc., where Debbie McNeff picked up the phone.

"She was a little panicked," McNeff said.

McNeff called the supervisor, who alerted the drivers. "They were about to crush the couch, then they heard barking, " she said.

The drivers originally thought Buster was a stray and they put him in the truck cab to keep him warm until they could contact animal control. After they got the call, they took little Buster back to Ferguson.

"It's like a miracle," Ferguson said. "I'm so thankful. I was a wreck."

Daisy and Delilah
01-29-2009, 11:52 PM
That is so scary!! That little guy could have been lost and gone forever.:eek: It gives me goosebumps to think about it.

lute
01-30-2009, 08:45 AM
That was a close call! I'm glad they got him back!

lvpets2002
01-30-2009, 10:13 AM
:love: Poor wittle fellow.. For sure check anything you throw out very close for not seen babies.. Well I am glad the wittle fellow is ok & safe now..

AllAmericanPUP
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM
wow so glad the little guy was saved!!

Karen
01-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Oh, goodness, what a scary time for Buster, and his mommy!

pitc9
01-30-2009, 12:55 PM
OMG!! :eek:

Thank GAWD the puppy was found in time!

K9karen
01-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Absolutely NO couch hiding for any of our wee widdle babies allowed! That means YOU, Chopper and Company.