PDA

View Full Version : Are you a member of a Meet-up Group?

Randi
01-29-2009, 10:11 AM
A Scottish girl I worked with last year, told me about a Meet-Up group she's a member of (British ex-pats in Copenhagen). They go bowling amonst other things. Then recently, in my local supermarket I got to chat with a new employee, a woman from NY who has been here 4 years, she has two cats and is member of a Cat sitting exchange group... and why didn't I join. So I did! :)

The first meeting I'll attend will probably be on Feb. 4th. A member has booked a table in a restaurant. :p

So, are any of you a member of a Meet-Up group? If so, tell us what kind of group and how you like it!

Here's a link to pet groups in USA - you can search for your own city. Some are public and some are private. you can also start your own group.
http://www.meetup.com/topics/pets/

Freedom
01-29-2009, 11:26 AM
OH YES!!! I am part of a small breed doggie play group, have been since about April of last year. WHAT FUN! My Marlin is the largest dog there, at 18 pounds, lol. And as I spread the word, we have many bichons in our group now, he hee.. We meet at a doggie day care facility, they provide the location free of charge once per month for an hour and half! It is doggie safe, heat and a/c, out play area in good weather, and she always provides refreshments for us. (We all donate $1 or $2 to the refreshments bucket.)

I've looked at other groups which meet in my area, the Sunday Brunch Bunch sounds good! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-29-2009, 12:59 PM
No.....; I had a look at that link; only 2 persons are waiting for a group but they live to far away from mr :(

Taz_Zoee
01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
I see an Aussie group in the Sacramento area. It's a bit of a drive for me, but with my family living up there I might give it a shot. :)