PDA

View Full Version : Super Thursday #302!

RICHARD
01-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, it's almost time for the BIG GAME!

The World Championship of America Football!

It all junk food, beer and telling and screaming until Sunday night!!

The Pittsburg Steelers and the Arizona Cardinal!

Let me pour you all a beer and let the cheering begin!

--------------------------

I am looking for some good recipes for football food!

DONE?

davidpizzica
01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Gee, RICHARD I bet you couldn't figure which team I was rooting for! I'll have a beer or two and I'll share the Black & Gold torilla chips and dip I brought. No, Orc you don't clean tables with Terrible Towels!

Cinder & Smoke
01-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Well, it's almost time for the BIG GAME!

Let me pour you all a beer and let the cheering begin!

Let's review the House Rules for TV Watchin >>>

* NO Talkin once a Commercial starts to run - RE-hash the game during huddles!
* DOWN in Front when the AD plays ... ya shudda gone potty during the Officials' Tyme-Out!
* Don't even THINK of hitting the *mute* button during a Commercial!
* Change the channel during a Commercial and I'll *garbage grind* the remote!
* They're not :eek: "PONIES" - they're *CLYDESDALES*!!

Next year, I swear I'll bring my own TV and lock myself in the coat closet!

Let the Commercials Begin!! :cool:

Moesha
01-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Here is my favorite commercial of all time. It wasn't a superbowl commercial, but it is sports related. Boy howdy! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qs7QfqYXl0)

Hellow
01-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Let the Commercials Begin!! :cool:

People seem to be more interested in the commercials than the game itself :p.

I'm personally rooting for the steelers, since its my friends team and one of my teacher's team. Plus they just own, imo.

Medusa
01-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Another rule according to my son: every TV in the house must have the game on. :confused:

DJFyrewolf36
01-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Hubby, oddly enough is wondering what the big hubbub is. I myself am going to wear Cardinals RED this Sunday!

Beer anyone?

RICHARD
01-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Gee, RICHARD I bet you couldn't figure which team I was rooting for! I'll have a beer or two and I'll share the Black & Gold torilla chips and dip I brought. No, Orc you don't clean tables with Terrible Towels!

LOL< Teach that Orc some manners!

Beers?

DONE!

C&S,

LOL, my thoughts exactly!

YOU can run the remote?

DONE!

MOE,

I remember that one. I love the cat wrangler commercial from years back!

Reggie!
YOU can sit next to David and the ORC!:D

Medusa,
What about the bathroom?:confused::D

DJ,

He'll get used to it!

I'll do a heineken?

Please?

DJFyrewolf36
01-29-2009, 06:36 AM
RICHARD...

DONE! ;)

Everyone root for me as I am in a little competition this weekend myself. I entered a Dawn of War: Winter Assault (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_Assault) tournament on Gametap. It's a small tournament, but its still a competition :D

I had dreams as a small child growing up to be a professional video game player lol. I've been in a few tournaments, won some but lost most. I hope I can add this one to the win column!

Karen
01-29-2009, 10:54 AM
David, for your sake, I'll root for the Steelers, and we'll be rooting your you at your tournament, DJF!

No beer for me, thanks. Maybe some cider. Okay, I'll bring football-shaped cookies, enough to share!

lvpets2002
01-29-2009, 11:06 AM
:) I have the Deli Varity Platter here with diff meats to snack on.. Orc Orc stop trying to pop David with that towl && come over here to serve the Platter to All..:p

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/deliplatter.jpg

RedHedd
01-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Gotta have a pot of chili bubbling on the stove, a platter of nachos and jalapeno poppers - all washed down with some cold Dr. Pepper!

Let the Commercials Begin!

Go Steelers! :cool:

davidpizzica
01-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey, Orc! Easy with the Terrible Towel. Save waving it around for the Super Bowl! RICHARD, could I have an Iron City beer? DJf, good luck on your tournament over the weekend!

RICHARD
01-29-2009, 01:22 PM
I was sitting in bed listening to a talk show and a woman came on the air to say she placed a 200 dollar bet on the ACs to get to the Super Bowl.

She makes out to earn about 8,000 dollars!:eek::D

DJ,

All the best to you at your game!

Kick some assault!:D

KJaren,
Oatmeal, by chance?

I'll make you some cider!

DONE!

LP, I can always count on you to provide a feast for the eyes!

THanks!

Redd,

We can get the ORC to serve food and I will decant the good DR.!

DONE!

I have to mash avocados all weekend long!:D

cassiesmom
01-29-2009, 02:08 PM
I request an exception to Medusa's son's rule that every set in the house has the game on. Could we just have one on Animal Planet for the Puppy Bowl, please? I love the Puppy Bowl and Kitten Halftime!
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=48&entry_id=35141

I am rooting for an exciting game, fun commercials that will make for good conversation the next day, and cute puppies and kittens!

I first tasted this seven-layer taco dip at a Super Bowl/birthday party. I really like it. (gets out glass casserole dish and adds ingredients to shopping list)
http://images.allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/small/34022.jpg

Moesha
01-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Umm, are you going to share the recipe with the rest of us? It looks yummy.

cassiesmom
01-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Seven-layer taco dip for tortilla chips

INGREDIENTS
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 large tomato, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch chopped green onions
1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.

(I got a bag of pre-shredded lettuce last time I made this and I ended up using not even the whole bag)

Karen
01-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Karen,
Oatmeal, by chance?

I'll make you some cider!

Well, I was gonna do the Brown Sugar Bunnies recipe for the football shaped cookies, but I'll do some oatmeal cookies, too!

The (Harvard) football coach who is a member of my church loved the oatmeal cookies I brought to one function - good, and his wife said "Okay" to him eating them, because they're good for ya! :) There's about a foot difference in their heights, never mind that he is probably twice her weight, but we know which of them is aware of calories counts, etc! ;)

DJFyrewolf36
01-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm learning more about the game every day...including the magic of hotkeys :p

After todays practice I need a cold drink and an ice pack for my rear end as I got my arse KICKED lol.

RICHARD
01-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm learning more about the game every day...including the magic of hotkeys :p

After todays practice I need a cold drink and an ice pack for my rear end as I got my arse KICKED lol.

DONE!

Karen,
Don't let me tell you what to cook!

But, If you insist!

DONE!:D

CM,

I had that once before and loved it. thanks for bringing it back!

blue
01-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Meh.

Ill probably be finally doing the flooring in my living room with either the Gypsy Kings or Iron Maiden blasting while I work.

Karen
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Still, it will be good to be done, right? Here, have a couple cookies - good for fortification for the work ahead, right? ;)

RICHARD
01-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Did anyone see the news story about bacon on the news last night?

One channel showed a latticed bacon hunk cooking on a grill and it looked like the 'bacon' placemat we were talking about a while ago!

I missed and wonder if anyone saw it!

Let me get some coffee going and think about WHAT I will do on Sunday!:D

joycenalex
01-31-2009, 05:07 PM
i'll be making a new to me batch of chili tonight, then at game time, i'll have that and imagine a sam adams in a frosty glass.
slow cooker pork chili
2.5# boneless pork shoulder, cubed
1/2 c flour
1Tground cumin
1/2 t salt
1t black pepper
3Tveg oil
2arge onions, cubed
2-3 poblano chilies, seeded, chopped
2C tomatillo salsa (salsa verde-green salsa)
2 C chicken broth
sour cream and flour tottillas, avocados for topping
1.cube pork, add spices, flour in ziplock bag and shake to coat
2. heat 1Toil in large skillet or dutch oven. working in batches, cook until pork is browned on all sides, about 10 min per batch, keep first batch warm as you make 2nd and 3rd batches
3. after last batch is cooked, saute the onions and pobalanos 5-8 minutes.
if you're using slow cooker, transfer everything, add salsa now
4. in same skillet, add chicken broth, bring to boil, bringing up crusty bits, pour into slow cooker, cover and cook
5. if you're using slow cooker, 8-10 hrs on low. i'll be using my dutch oven (heating the kitchen tonight with the cold temps seems like a good idea) 250 degrees, covered, about 2-3 hours
6. serve with tortillas, sour cream and cubed avocados on top.
****** i made the chili last night, knowing what i know today, i'd cut the liquid by 2/3, it's quite soupy and only use only one poblano for the whimpier eaters in my house. i'm making brown rice to absorb the juiciness and heat. this made a lot. *********

RICHARD
01-31-2009, 05:23 PM
OH,
I am cooking a pork shoulder on the BBQ!

\I think we are in for some goodies come game time!

A Sam Adams?

DONE!:D

DJFyrewolf36
02-01-2009, 12:19 AM
I missed out on my tourney thanks to my motherboard taking a nose dive RIGHT BEFORE THE TOURNEY!!!! :mad:

Sigh...so I missed out on it. But my gaming buddy got second place so I can be happy for that.

I need a drink...yeah its before work but at Thursdays, it doesn't matter :D

RICHARD
02-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I missed out on my tourney thanks to my motherboard taking a nose dive RIGHT BEFORE THE TOURNEY!!!! :mad:

Sigh...so I missed out on it. But my gaming buddy got second place so I can be happy for that.

I need a drink...yeah its before work but at Thursdays, it doesn't matter :D

"Motherhood" ain't what it's cracked up to be?:eek:

ONe beer?

DONE!

Karen
02-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Hey, congratulations to David, and other Pittsburgh fans!

lvpets2002
02-02-2009, 09:42 AM
:) Yes Congrats to the Steelers.. Hey you will have to admit that was one heck of a game in the second half of play.. My Cardinals just nearly had it.. Hey if my Cowboys dont get there next year I will be willing to bet the Cardinals will be at the SuperBowl..

davidpizzica
02-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Thank you, Karen. I'd rank this Super Bowl as one of the most exciting ones in memory. It could gone either way several times during the battle. The Cardinals are a very strong team and this won't be their only trip to the Super Bowl.

lvpets2002
02-02-2009, 12:06 PM
:) Yup the Cardianls will go to the SuperBowl Again.. Now ya think we need to get Orc to play with them next year?? Boy Howdy Orc could be some good Defense..:p:D
Thank you, Karen. I'd rank this Super Bowl as one of the most exciting ones in memory. It could gone either way several times during the battle. The Cardinals are a very strong team and this won't be their only trip to the Super Bowl.

davidpizzica
02-02-2009, 12:13 PM
:) Yup the Cardianls will go to the SuperBowl Again.. Now ya think we need to get Orc to play with them next year?? Boy Howdy Orc could be some good Defense..:p:D

I don't know how fast he'd run, but I pity the fool who would try and tackle Orc!!

RICHARD
02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Great game and I am ashamed to say I did't watch most of it, not the commercials. I am afraid I wasn't very footbally this year. Anyway congrats to the Victors and next year!

Time for Baseball now!:D

davidpizzica
02-02-2009, 05:44 PM
RICHARD, now if we can only have some of this winning energy rub off on the Pittsburgh Pirates, this city will be all set!

RICHARD
02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
RICHARD, now if we can only have some of this winning energy rub off on the Pittsburgh Pirates, this city will be all set!

You can paint the 'bar' Black and Gold for the playoffs in October.....Until then someone has to take care of the b&g confetti and streamers all over the place!

Deal?:D

DJFyrewolf36
02-02-2009, 11:14 PM

One of the most emotional games I've ever seen! Football is in my blood so I really got into it.

Now it is time for baseball, and hopefully my GIANTS or my A's will do something good this year!

I don't even bother with Seattle...:rolleyes:

RICHARD
02-02-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't even bother with Seattle...:rolleyes:

But, you have to love Ichiro!:D

DJFyrewolf36
02-03-2009, 01:18 AM
But, you have to love Ichiro!:D

Oh boy...we had Ken Griffey Jr too as you recall...

Edit: I remembered we had Randy Johnson too.

Siiighhh...lol