PDA

View Full Version : Another "fun" weather day

davidpizzica
01-28-2009, 05:54 AM
This morning I woke up to a fresh inch of snow on the ground and now there's freezing rain on top of that! There are tons of school closings and delays. The main roads are pretty good, but the side streets are still slippery. Around noon this rain will change back to snow and another inch is coming. I'd like to have either rain or snow, not both together!

sparks19
01-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Yeah we woke up to the same. About 3 inches with a layer of ice on top.

it was kinda funny when we let the dogs out. all you could hear was crunch crunch pop pop lol and they were confused

and Brian and I were out bright and early shovelling the driveway. not exactly what i want to do at 7 am but I felt bad leaving him to do it by himself.

WHY can't I ever just get some REGULAR FLUFFY snow around here lol

Sirrahsim
01-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Down here we have lots of ice but only an extremely light dusting of snow.
Stay warm!!

Catty1
01-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Ice with a light dusting of snow can be like wax on a shuffleboard or dance floor. Take care!

Medusa
01-28-2009, 08:24 AM
We got around 5 inches of snow last night, it's still coming down, and we're expecting 2-4 more inches today. Add sleet to this mess and I'm not going anywhere today. Sigh. I have so much to do but I'm not taking any chances on the roads. They just aren't keeping up w/the plowing. :(

davidpizzica
01-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Ice with a light dusting of snow can be like wax on a shuffleboard or dance floor. Take care!

Catty, since Pittsburgh is built on lots of hills, it sometimes turns into skating downhill with cars! My car doesn't leave the driveway in this weather, I don't want my car redesigned by accident!