PDA

View Full Version : December Pet Talk meeting - Logan's Shower

Dixieland Dancer
09-19-2002, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone!
I have made the plans necessary for accomadations for the December Pet Talk meeting. I arranged a block of rooms at a hotel in the Greenville area that is Pet friendly and willing to accomadate a bunch of Pet crazy people.

Remember the occassion is two fold.... we are celebrating Logan's wedding with a shower for her and we are celebrating getting to meet each other.

If you are seriously considering going, please email or PM me and I will send you all the information. The date is going to be December 6 (checkin) through December 8 (Checkout).

Hope to see you there!

sasvermont
09-19-2002, 02:21 PM
Where is Greenville?

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-19-2002, 02:25 PM
SAS, Greenville is in South Carolina.

Candy, you can count on me being there!:D

lovemymaltese
09-19-2002, 03:07 PM
What a neat idea.

Dixieland Dancer
09-20-2002, 07:54 AM
Bump

anna_66
09-20-2002, 08:07 AM
Yep, count me in:D (of course, weather permitting) I will pm you for the info.

lbaker
09-20-2002, 08:36 AM
Looking good for me too. May be driving from D.C. or may fly in and rent a car. Details to come later. Which hotel? Souraya, will you be bringing the one-and-only, fabulous, handsome Drake? Laurie

Karen
09-20-2002, 08:45 AM
Souraya, I can tell you from experience - remember Pet Talk Texas - that if you DO bring Drake, "Auntie Laurie" will spoil him rotten! :)

Logan
09-20-2002, 09:16 AM
This is so exciting!!! You guys don't know what this means to me that you will come all that way. I look forward to having you all come to the new house, which will probably be in disarray, and meet Helen, Honey, Lilly, Mimi, Butter, Roger, Millie, Olivia, and of course, Scott and Murphy!!! :D

Remember, just your coming is gift enough for me!!!! :)

Logan

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-20-2002, 09:21 AM
Laurie, I am still not sure if I will be bringing Drake. I won't be spending the night, so I would worry about going out and where to leave Drake.

He can sometimes be unpredictable, so I also worry about him with a bunch of other dogs. We'll see though.

Souraya

Dixieland Dancer
09-20-2002, 09:39 AM
Souraya, If you do bring Drake you can stay at the hotel and not have to worry about driving back!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-20-2002, 09:45 AM
I would love to be able to stay the night and bring the Draker man with me, however, my youngest brother lives with me and I am his only method of transportation.

In addition, I can not leave him at th ehouse over night by himself. He is sort of a trouble maker and the last time I spent the night away from home, with him there alone, the cops visited us :(

aly
09-20-2002, 10:40 AM
Reece and Lolly wanted to let all the dogs that are going in on a little hint. If you look at Auntie Laurie with big puppy dog eyes, she won't be able to resist and she'll get ya good treats !! She will also walk you at the crack of dawn :D :)

lbaker
09-20-2002, 10:57 AM
only VERY special dogs like Reece & Lolly......and maybe Drake..........and maybe Simba........and maybe Cinder & Smoke........and maybe MrMalone...........and maybe Miss Daisy & Perry....and Dixie and Dusty......and Ginger....Graham and one of the most photogenic of all dogs Kersey.....oh well, what a sucker for a pretty face:rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-20-2002, 02:16 PM
WE WANT PICTURES, PLEASE!!!
Those of us that can't come would love to see pictures. Pictures of all the animals AND all the people too, please???
(by the way, don't ya love these colors together? Anyway, they got your attention.):eek: :D

Ann
09-20-2002, 02:21 PM
Yuppers, I'd love to see some pictures too :)

BTW, when I first clicked the thread I was thinking "What did they do, sneak into Logan's house and take pictures of her shower?" :rolleyes:

Another English word to add to the list of words I've learned thanks to Pet Talk :D

lovemymaltese
09-20-2002, 02:22 PM
definately, pictures please.

Rottieluver45
09-20-2002, 06:46 PM
I wanna go but I can`t!! Be sure to take pictures!

You have a couple of months to get lost of film! :D

gini
09-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
only VERY special dogs like Reece & Lolly......and maybe Drake..........and maybe Simba........and maybe Cinder & Smoke........and maybe MrMalone...........and maybe Miss Daisy & Perry....and Dixie and Dusty......and Ginger....Graham and one of the most photogenic of all dogs Kersey.....oh well, what a sucker for a pretty face:rolleyes:

This is very funny. Look, if I can make it, I promise to help you walk all of the dogs, (pick up the poop) and let the owners get some extra z's.............there is nothing like a big 'ol slurpy wet kiss first thing in the morning!

Cinder & Smoke
09-20-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
I would love to be able to stay the night and bring the Draker Man with me, however...

My youngest brother lives with me;
I am his only method of transportation;
I can not leave him at the house over night;
He is...

Letz do sum creative thinkin here...

Toss DrakerMan, AN yer lil brudder, BOFF inna kar an drag em along ~

While yur doin the Shower Thingy, Draker can be lil brudder-sittin inna hotel room! :cool:

How much *trubbel* could the two of em get into inna strange an distant hotel room?

gini
09-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Leave it to Phred to come up with the perfect solution!

Hey, I will be coming alone, and he (your brother) could stay with me. I would just beat him up the side of the head if he got out of line!

Wait, let me be perfectly clear..............I would never lay a hand on your brother...........that was just an expression............an American one...........gosh, you have to be sooo careful how you say things on this site.

But seriously, bringing your brother is a good option, and with all of us, he wouldn't dare get into trouble!

turner
09-20-2002, 10:31 PM
Yes we want details and pics of everyone.

I wish I was closer so I could meet everyone and all the famous dogs of pet talk! It sounds like so much fun!

Congrats to you Logan!:) :D

Karen
09-21-2002, 03:43 PM
I will be coming, and Paul may be - Souraya - bring your brother, too, and he and Paul could hang together and do "guy stuff" while we do the shower!

I'll PM Dixie for info, but thought I'd post publically! ;)

aly
09-22-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Ann
BTW, when I first clicked the thread I was thinking "What did they do, sneak into Logan's house and take pictures of her shower?" :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! That's so funny!!!!!

wolf_Q
09-23-2002, 12:00 AM
Ahg, you guys are killing me! I want to go!! :( You BETTER take LOTS of pics!!

Ok who is "officially" going?

You know, if I could figure out how much it would cost to fly me and Nebo there, I really might consider it. There's no way I can drive (87' Buick Century LOL).

Aspen and Misty
09-23-2002, 12:09 AM
I wonder if I started now how long it would take me and Chewy to get there? Hmm. I wanna be there so bad, but since I can't I will sit at home glued to the copmuter waiting for pictures. All 1,000 picures ya'll are gonna take :D ;) :p .

Ash

C.C.'s Mom
09-23-2002, 04:47 AM
I could come too on my way to my sister. There's just one big thing I have to deal with at the moment: finding a flight that doesn't fly over Chicago but Atlanta (as usually).

So, I can't say for sure if I come or not until much closer to the date when I book my ticket.

Won't be bringing Cookie though :( Even though I'm sure she would just love to come!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-23-2002, 07:02 AM
Phred, that's a good idea. I may just decide to go with it. I will let everyone know.

Dixieland Dancer
09-23-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

Ok who is "officially" going?

You know, if I could figure out how much it would cost to fly me and Nebo there, I really might consider it. There's no way I can drive (87' Buick Century LOL).

There isn't an official group yet. I have had 6 people contact me for hotel information so far. Reservations need to be made by November 21st so if you are interested in going, please keep that date in the back of your mind.

09-23-2002, 12:41 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/smil4.gif

I cannot be there ............... oo oo ... !!

jackiesdaisy1935
09-23-2002, 08:10 PM
I would love to go, it would be so much fun, I'm kinda on a day to day basis. I know everyone will have a great time, and I hope we get to see lots of pictures.
Jackie

Nomilynn
09-23-2002, 09:23 PM
I so wish I could go! It would be so much fun to meet the Pet Talk gang (or a few of the pet talk gang).

Congratulations Logan! :D

wolflady
09-24-2002, 07:46 PM
OMG! OMG!!
I definitely missed some threads! Congratulations Logan! What great news! I sure wish I could make it. I'm sure everyone will have a blast (especially Logan :D ) and it is a MUST to take lots of pictures!!! What a great event for a Pet Talk meeting to take place! :D

CONGRATULATIONS Logan!!

Andie
09-24-2002, 10:49 PM
I'm considering going you guys! I need to get out of Missouri for a little while. I'll have to talk it over with Dustin and see if we could get the money together. I'll have to bring Bull (of course I couldn't leave Prince Bull) I might even bring Isis (she'll prolly be the only cat there tho). This should be fun, 2 people and a Pittbull (maybe a cat) in a Neon. :rolleyes:

If we can't make it Congrats Logan in advance!!!

Dixieland Dancer
09-26-2002, 03:15 PM
BUMP

RockyRoad
09-28-2002, 08:44 AM
If I were maybe twelve years older I could go, but NO WAY would my mom let me. And NO WAY would I take her she is so embarassing lol!! It would be sooo cool to meet you guys, though. Hmmm, get back to me in ten years!!!:) And bring back lots of pictures!!

mruffruff
10-02-2002, 03:09 PM
Boy, have I been out of the loop!

I'll be there if I have to crawl! Can't bring my whole brood; 4 dogs & 4 cats would be a bit much.

Getting anxious to meet you all:D

Mary

Logan
10-02-2002, 03:25 PM
I think, at this point, Souraya and I need to get a head count. We're sad because it turns out that Candy (Dixieland Dancer) can't come, after all.

We want it to be a great visit for everyone, and if we need to reschedule it for the spring, when more people can attend, we'd be happy to do that.

So, if you've already made arrangements to come, by all means, you will be welcome in Greenville, wherever I am living!! LOL!!! I was so in hopes that Helen and I would be settled in our new home by then, but there have been complications and we had to let go of that new house.

Just email me at [email protected] or Private Message, Souraya or me, to let us know of your plans. We will work this out, either in December or before Souraya and Andrew leave for their new destination.

Logan

jennifert
10-02-2002, 03:29 PM
Logan, don't count me out yet!! I may be able to come!! It may be a last minute thing for me also. Oh goodness, now I'm worried! I will just wing it, can I do that? I'm so out of the loop!

I will let you know asap....

Thanks!!!

lbaker
10-03-2002, 07:25 AM
I am still planning on it, but if it's re-scheduled I'll work that out too :D I'm so sorry Candy can't make it :( is there a chance she could make a spring visit? And Logan, maybe that house just wasn't meant to be and YOUR house with Helen and the rest of your brood is just waiting for you to find it. It took me a while to find mine but it was worth the wait and I've been there for 30 yrs now. I'll PM Souraya anyway....just wanted to reply "on the board". Still don't know if I'll drive down with my BadgerBoy dog boyfriend or fly but details can wait. Laurie

anna_66
10-03-2002, 08:03 AM
So, does this mean, we are going to reschedule or thinking seriously about making it a spring meeting? That would be fine with me either way. I'll also pm Souraya.
I'm sorry you didn't get the home you wanted Logan. But the right one is out there for you like Liz said. We've been in ours for 10 years, & I can't imagine living anywhere else. Unless something happens we'll probably live here the rest of our lives!

Logan
10-03-2002, 08:24 AM
Hopefully, the house we want will still be available when the time comes. It's just that the people who contracted to buy my house backed out after three weeks. And that really left us with no choice but to release the contract on the house we want. Maybe we'll get another buyer for this house soon and be able to get the wheels turning on the other one, and if not that one, an even better one. I am very optimistic.

Looks like we have enough people to make a go of that first weekend in December, so I've told Souraya to move forward. We will all be so excited to see everyone that comes.

Logan :)

Dixieland Dancer
10-03-2002, 11:20 AM
I will miss seeing all of you in December. :( Due to family obligations that also occur on that particular weekend, I will be unable to attend. I was fretting over how to work it out but finally had to realize it just wasn't meant for me to be there the first weekend in December. Since the majority responded in the poll to the first weekend, that is the one I got the ball rolling on, hoping more people would be able to attend.

Perhaps we can do it again in the Spring!

Please take lots of pictures so we can all share in the fun. Souraya is going to take over the planning so email her with your response if you are planning on going.