PDA

View Full Version : May a mom brag a bit?

Medusa
01-27-2009, 04:19 PM
My son's pic is now in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH. Someone took the pic of it w/her cell phone and emailed it to him and he just now emailed it to me so it looks a little fuzzy. He hates the pic because it was back in the day of mullets but I still think he looks handsome. For those of you who don't know, before he went into standup comedy, he was in radio and was the #1 on air personality in his time slot in Cleveland, OH for the entire time he was at WMMS, the Buzzard. He was the second person to broadcast live from the Rock 'n' Roll HOF, the first being John Lanigan who still reigns supreme in radio here in Cleveland. Thanx for indulging a bragging mom. :-)

lizbud
01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
May a Mother brag ? Absolutely, I do it all the time.:D

I didn't know your son was in show biz.:)

Husky_mom
01-27-2009, 04:35 PM
I didnīt noticed the mullet until I read it... LOL..

how proud you should be... he sure looks handsome... but hey, what can you expect with such a mom.. ;)

blue
01-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Thats pretty dang cool, mullet and all.

momcat
01-27-2009, 06:09 PM
I absolutely LOVE it when the good kids catch a break! You have a lot to be proud of, fellow Mom! Go ahead, tell EVERYONE you know and please update us as his career takes off!

CountryWolf07
01-27-2009, 06:15 PM
That is awesome! I am from Cleveland, so I think I will have to stop by and check that out next time when I am home... :)

shepgirl
01-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Go ahead mom, sounds like you have something to brag about. Of course you should fell proud, didn't know he was in show biz either.

Grace
01-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Of course, you may brag. That's what mothers do best :)

I think that is really cool.

cassiesmom
01-27-2009, 08:35 PM
That is so cool! I really, really want to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I have a friend from church who was there a couple of months ago and she said it was amazing. A friend of mine from college lives east of Cleveland so I could re-connect with her. Medusa, this is sooooo cool!

Daisy and Delilah
01-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Very cool!!! I would be beaming with pride too. Where does he do his act? He looks familiar. Thanks for sharing!!:)

Medusa
01-28-2009, 04:55 AM
Very cool!!! I would be beaming with pride too. Where does he do his act? He looks familiar. Thanks for sharing!!:)

He isn't an actor; he does stand up comedy. He's on the road quite a bit and has played a lot of the big name clubs. If you'd like, you can check out his website at www.lousantini.com or his My Space page at www.myspace.com/lousantini. :)

Medusa
01-28-2009, 04:57 AM
Thanx, everyone. It was last year at this time, one year ago tomorrow as a matter of fact, that he went to the emergency room w/that awful virus that partially paralyzed him for three weeks. I posted about it and asked for prayers because we had no idea of what was going on and since he lives in L.A. and I live in OH, it was doubly scary for us. He's ok now but it took months for him to get back to normal and he lost quite a bit of momentum in his career as well because he couldn't work or even perform the simplest of tasks for himself such as brushing his teeth. I'm thankful that I had my PT family to help us through it.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-28-2009, 09:04 AM
WOW !!! Of COURSE you may brag!! That's is what all mom's d:love::):do!!

Daisy and Delilah
01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
That's a great website, Mary. This is great. I had no idea your son is famous. I remember that terrible virus he had too. I know you're both glad that's behind you.

I still think he looks familiar. Maybe I'll figure it out eventually.:)

Medusa
01-28-2009, 10:39 AM
That's a great website, Mary. This is great. I had no idea your son is famous. I remember that terrible virus he had too. I know you're both glad that's behind you.

I still think he looks familiar. Maybe I'll figure it out eventually.:)

I wouldn't exactly say that he's famous, not yet anyhow. :) Here in Cleveland, he was quite the celebrity and he does have a faithful following who still contacts him through My Space, etc. When he plays comedy clubs here in OH, they all come out to see his shows.

If you think he looks familiar, you may think he looks like Steve Correll who plays on The Office. He's been told that so many times but I don't see the resemblance. He met Steve Correll and Correll did a double take. He just shot a trailer for a movie that spoofs Steve Correll movies. He's waiting to see if a studio will pick it up and produce it.

Daisy and Delilah
01-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Best of luck in his career. He seems to have everything he needs to make a go of it.:) I'll look for him to hit the bigtime.:)

pomtzu
01-28-2009, 12:05 PM
In some pics on his website, I see a strong resemblance to Jerry Seinfeld!

Medusa
01-28-2009, 12:17 PM
In some pics on his website, I see a strong resemblance to Jerry Seinfeld!

I've always thought that, too! And he can't see the resemblance. LOL

pomtzu
01-28-2009, 12:58 PM
I've always thought that, too! And he can't see the resemblance. LOL

Mother knows best!!!:D

carole
01-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Mary your'e boy is HOT, if only i were ten years younger,just kidding, but honestly he is one attractive guy,I hope he does well in his career, he certainly has it all in the looks department lol:):love:

Medusa
01-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Mary your'e boy is HOT, if only i were ten years younger,just kidding, but honestly he is one attractive guy,I hope he does well in his career, he certainly has it all in the looks department lol:):love:

LOL. Thanx, Carole. :p

K9karen
01-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Yum!

Logan
01-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Congratulations! Of course mothers should and can brag!!! :)

phesina
01-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Oh, that's wonderful, Mary! Of course you may brag. You AND he have earned bragging rights!

Yorkie Lover
01-30-2009, 07:29 AM
I think Mom's like bragging too much, especially when it means embarrassing your poor kids.

Medusa
01-30-2009, 08:45 AM
I think Mom's like bragging too much, especially when it means embarrassing your poor kids.

It's hardly embarrassing to him. His face is in the public eye every day.