PDA

View Full Version : Boomer isn't feeling so well.

Sirrahsim
01-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Last week, Boomer and Sooner both started sneezing quite a bit. They were still eating and playing like normal so I left them be. After a few days, Sooner was all better but Boomer's eye started to look infected. I treated it with the antibiotic drops and it cleared up by around Sunday. Now last night and up to this morning he has been making a snorting sound a lot. He doesn't appear distressed, his ears are happy and he snuggles in for attention. It is kind of creeping me out though because each time he snorts his body jerks a little. Is this just his way of getting over the cold?? Boomer has never been sick! Should I call the vet when they open this morning?

Medusa
01-27-2009, 07:46 AM
When in doubt, call your vet. I hope it's nothing but it's better to be safe than sorry. Feel better, Boomer. :love:

sasvermont
01-27-2009, 07:55 AM
My little (?) Lucy has colds from time to time and I let them clear up on their own, unless there are complications, i.e. eye trouble or excessive nose discomfort. Keeping them hydrated and rested and clean is important.

If you are really worried and Boomer seems to be going in the wrong direction healthwise, surely call the vet.

Colds are pretty common!

Get well Boomer! Hugs from Vermont cats..... and Sas :love::love:((((((((((((((((((((Boomer)))))))))))) )))))))))))

catmandu
01-27-2009, 05:07 PM
OH NO, NOT OUR PAL BOOMER!!!:eek:
WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU OLD FRIEND , AND THE ANIMAL ANGELS WILL BRING SOME SNACKS AND WARM SAND FROM BORA BORA :):)
:D
PLEASE GET WELL BODACIOUS BOOMER :love::love::love:

momcat
01-27-2009, 05:32 PM
When in doubt, call your vet. I hope it's nothing but it's better to be safe than sorry. Feel better, Boomer. :love:

That's a so moved! Feel better scritchies and lovies being sent for Boomer. Groucho hopes his fellow kitty will feel well enough to join everyone for the Superbowl trip!

Sirrahsim
01-27-2009, 09:15 PM
We are iced in for today and most of tomorrow so I can't take him to the vet at the moment, but this evening he is acting MUCH better and is only snorting every once in a while.:)

Grace
01-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Did you try steam? Take him in the bathroom while you're taking a shower.

kitten645
01-27-2009, 09:20 PM
My boys are quite healthy usually. They are also indoor only so a few weeks ago, when Hobbes started sneezing, I was quite worried. His eyes were fine and no snotties so I just let him be and kept an eye on him. I couldn't figure out how he could have caught anything. I guess I must of tracked something in :confused:
Anyhoo, after about a week of sniffles, he cleared up and is good as new.
Guess in all my cat owning years, I've never had one just have a cold :rolleyes:
Ya never stop learning! LOL!
Get well soon little Boomer. Sickies are no fun :(
Claudia

weluvcats
01-27-2009, 10:11 PM
It's sounds like a cold to me, too. My kitties have done similar things over the years a few times, but as others have wisely said, better to be safe than sorry, and touch base with your vet.

I hope he's all better soon!!:)

Chin scratches to Boomer and Sooner!:love:

Judy

orangemm
01-28-2009, 04:38 AM
Feel better, sweet buddy Boomer!

It's no fun having a snotty nose.:rolleyes::(

Please give him some gentle pats and scritches from me............:love::love::love:

Anikaca77
01-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Prays coming that Boomer starts feeling well. We went through a similar thing with one of our cats. She started to sneeze like crazy and her eyes were dripping a bit and it took about 3 weeks roughly for her to get completely over it but I did call the vets and they said we just need to wait it out that it was just viral and as long as their was no discharge or yellow we were good.

Hope he feels better soon.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-28-2009, 08:57 AM
I would rather want to be sure! If it is just a cold, no more need to be worried. Maybe he needs some medication?

Get well Boomer:love:!!!

Sirrahsim
01-28-2009, 09:43 AM
He did seem quite a bit happier after I locked him in the bathroom with me during my shower. There is no nasty colored discharge so I think that it is most likely viral and will jeal up on its own.