PDA

View Full Version : Painted my corridor

Kirsten
01-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I was having a couple of days off from work, so I thought I'd take advantage of the situation and paint my corridor. It used to be cream-colored, but I did not like that anymore. Thought most of the deco stuff I have would look better in front of a darker background. So I've chosen a dark terrecotta color which appears to be red for some reason after I painted it. :o

This is how it's looking like:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/flur.jpg

May take pictures of some more details tomorrow...

The worst part, btw, was not the painting, but the cleaning afterwards! :eek:

Kirsten

catmandu
01-24-2009, 02:41 PM
THATS A GOOD COLOR KIRSTEN, AND THAT SHOULD SHOW OFF LILY AND LUNAS COLORING QUITE WELL.:love::love:
YOU CERTAINLY HAVE A NICE PLACE AND WE KNOW THE ANIMAL ANGELS WILL BRING LOTS OF TAKE OUT WHEN THEY VISIT IN MAY!!!
:love::love::love:
THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW IN PLENTY OF TIME, DONT WORRY.:love::love:

Barbara
01-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Looks very elegant. I find that darker colors make a hallway look more tidy. (Yours is tidy anyway- but here hallways have a tendency to be cluttered with too much stuff ;))

Randi
01-24-2009, 03:19 PM
It looks fantastic, and I love that colo! I knew you'd choose a warm color! ;)

Karen
01-24-2009, 03:27 PM
The color looks good, and looks warm and cozy. It also makes the plants look nice and healthy green!

lv4dogs
01-24-2009, 04:11 PM
I think it looks great... I love the color!!

The worst part, btw, was not the painting, but the cleaning afterwards! :eek:
I hear ya... We've been doing a LOT of painting here & the clean up is the worst part!

Twisterdog
01-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Wow, that looks really nice! I need to get brave enough to paint a room a dark color. Took me years to get brave enough to paint a room any color other than white.

momcat
01-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Your hallway looks fantastic, Kirsten! You did an excellent job! Did Luna and Lily offer their help?

phesina
01-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Beautiful!

blue
01-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Cant tell from the pic, did you do the cieling too? Nice job, it looks good.

I just got done tearing my carpet out of the hall for hard wood flooring. Now I have to consider painting the walls.

Medusa
01-25-2009, 05:52 AM
I love it, Kirsten. In my family room, I had a wall painted that color to make it an accent wall. However, I change wall colors nearly as often as I change my make up, so it's history now but I think it looks great in your place. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-25-2009, 06:39 AM
Fantastic, Kirsten!! We have the same colour in our library, because we wanted to have a "warm" colour there :):love:

catnapper
01-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Looks vry nice. I love the crisp white trim with the deep color.

Edwina's Secretary
01-25-2009, 02:46 PM
I am a big fan of red colored rooms! Looks great!

K9karen
01-25-2009, 06:29 PM
I LOVE it!

lizbud
01-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Nice job, it looks very beautiful. I like the flooring too.:)

Sonia59
01-26-2009, 03:59 AM
I love the colour. I am not sure I would dare choosing it for my house though. Are you renting your apartment? Isn't it a problem? In France we cannot make changes like this without the agreement of the owner, otherwise we have to paint again, or pay, when we leave.

sirrahbed
01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
The color is so rich and warm. LOVE it!! Ever since the movie "Home Alone" I have loved the use of such color though as of yet still have mostly neutrals. Thank you for sharing your ideas - you are so very creative:)

Kirsten
01-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks. :) I think it's definitely worth to dare using dark colors. They make the room to appear cosy and "whole", with light colors, they often look naked and cold IMO (except you have a very stylish furnishing and decoration that speaks for itself).

@Sonia: I don't think this is causing any problems with my landlords. When I moved in here, I found wallpapers with an ugly pattern here, and I redecorated all the walls. And my contract doesn't say anything like leaving the walls in light colors. Most of the people redecorate when they move in anyway.

@blue: Well, I left the ceiling white, like the doors. :)

@momcat: Lily helped a bit, but Luna choose to sleep during the entire procedure. :D

Kirsten