PDA

View Full Version : Obama hasn't let me down

Pam
01-24-2009, 08:06 AM
He has already started out doing some of the things he said he would do which is why I didn't vote for him. This would be laughable if it wasn't so dangerous. "Getting negative energy out on paper." Be real people!! :mad:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=6719704&page=1

Sirrahsim
01-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Art Therapy??? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard:mad: I even have to pull out the :rolleyes: for that one. Though you are right Pam. It is not a laughing matter. MUCH too dangerous...
Ridiculous.

moosmom
01-24-2009, 09:07 AM
I wasn't exactly happy with the Guantanemo Bay closure. It's like saying, "Okay, you're free, now don't hurt us."

It's early yet. I hope most of the detainees go back to their native countries and stop sponging off the US.

Oh, and to set the record straight, I'm all for any kind of treatment if it means getting confessions. I know it sounds crude and you're probably right. But they sure as hell didn't think about OUR feelings when they flew planes into buildings killing hundreds of people.

I'm off my soapbox now.

caseysmom
01-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Guantanamo bay will go down in history as a blight on the U.S. imo, we are treating prisoners no better than why we supposedly went to Iraq(human rights). Bush finally had to concede and give the prisoners rights under the geneva convention and finally release children detained.

I agree Donna the dangerous criminals don't need to be put out on the street or released but changes should occur.

This art therapy is done in Saudi Arabia..what does that have to do with Obama?

Pam
01-24-2009, 09:20 AM
This art therapy is done in Saudi Arabia..what does that have to do with Obama?

I should have been more clear in my original post I guess. My problem is with closing GB when there is no secure plan in place to protect this country from these people who will kill us if they get half a chance. This article just points up how absurd the thought that they can be rehabilitated at all, let alone by putting their angry thoughts down on paper! :rolleyes: This might work for kids in pre-school but honestly it blows my mind that anyone would even consider such a thing.

Yes, Caseysmom, GB may go down as a blight in history as far as human rights go. Time will tell. Don't even get me started on that, though, as unborn INNOCENT humans have no rights in this country. That disturbs me oh so much more!

caseysmom
01-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Well I will concede that I am very surprised that Saudi Arabia is doing this, I thought they were an eye for an eye kinda place :eek:

lizbud
01-24-2009, 10:45 AM
This story leaves out a interesting fact. Ali- al-Shihri was released by
the Bush admin in 2007. He never should have been detained in the first
place.

blue
01-24-2009, 10:57 AM
This story leaves out a interesting fact. Ali- al-Shihri was released by
the Bush admin in 2007. He never should have been detained in the first
place.

Your going to have to back that up, this is the first new story searching for Ali al-Shihri.

A FORMER Guantanamo Bay detainee has emerged as the deputy leader of al-Qa'ida's Yemeni branch, highlighting the problems associated with closing the detention centre within a year.

Reports yesterday said the militant, Said Ali al-Shihri, was suspected of involvement in a deadly bombing of the US embassy in Yemen's capital, Sana, in September. He was released to Saudi Arabia in 2007 and passed through a Saudi rehabilitation program for former jihadists before resurfacing with al-Qa'ida in Yemen.

Full text found here, link (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24954045-15084,00.html).

slick
01-24-2009, 12:20 PM
The men also get religious re-education and are promised a new home and car if they behave. Um....excuse me but could someone please strap this bomb on my back??? I need a new car! :rolleyes:

moosmom
01-24-2009, 12:31 PM
LMAO, Slick!!!

Well strap a bomb on me and call me stupid!!!

lizbud
01-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Your going to have to back that up, this is the first new story searching for Ali al-Shihri.

Full text found here, link (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24954045-15084,00.html).

Read on...............

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28800516/

More interesting reading material.........

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/24/gitmo.detainees/index.html

momoffuzzyfaces
01-24-2009, 12:46 PM
It's not like he's going to open the door and let them go free!!! They will most likely be put here in the US. Say what you want, I wouldn't want to be any one of them in a US prison where some of our hard core criminals can get their hands on them. :eek:

Mercy! A president who is actually trying to keep his campaign promises!!! Lord, help us all!!!

blue
01-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Read on...............

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28800516/

More interesting reading material.........

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/24/gitmo.detainees/index.html

Nothing there that said he shouldnt have been detained in the first place. In fact al-Shihri admits he was a terrorist.

By Allah, imprisonment only increased our persistence in our principles for which we went out, did jihad for, and were imprisoned for

So how can you say

He never should have been detained in the first
place.

RICHARD
01-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Um....excuse me but could someone please strap this bomb on my back??? I need a new car! :rolleyes:

YOU are so DUMB!;)

That would give you a 'dowager's hump', Women Homicide Bombers strap the bombs in the front, so they look preggers!:mad:

----------------

LOL, with the goofiness of some of the grants given to 'art' in this country....

Or

"Can I have PEACH color crayon? I need to color in blown up bodies of infidels!"

Or

I used to send out martyrs for living. Now I have Art Exhibits in SoHo, San Francisco and West Lost Angeles !

Rahshad Al-Ka Boom.

(thanks Dennis Miller!)

Kirsten
01-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Well, as far as I understood it, other countries will be asked to take some of the detainees, and I heard earlier today that the French gouvernment has already worked out a paper. And I know that there's a discussion among the German political parties right now whether they will agree to take some of the detainees, or not. I do not think that all these people are meant to be set free, they will just go to other prisons.

Besides, George W. Bush was considering the closing of Guantanamo also: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,194634,00.html

Kirsten

lizbud
01-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Nothing there that said he shouldnt have been detained in the first place. In fact al-Shihri admits he was a terrorist.

They can stop anyone they want, but if he is never actually charged
with a crime, he should be released. That's American law.

blue
01-24-2009, 06:31 PM
They can stop anyone they want, but if he is never actually charged
with a crime, he should be released. That's American law.

He was not being held under American Law. If he were he would not have been released to the Saudis.

lizbud
01-25-2009, 09:46 AM
He was not being held under American Law. If he were he would not have been released to the Saudis.

Therein lies the problem.

blue
01-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Therein lies the problem.

The real problem is now more of them will eventually be released from whatever country they get sent to.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-25-2009, 06:52 PM
I heard on the news last night that the gov of Colorado wants them. He says he supports Obama in this and they have the facilities and can handle them. Maybe they will go there.

blue
01-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Isnt CO where they send all the spent nuclear material to? Maybe the Gov is looking for workers to deal with it.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Isnt CO where they send all the spent nuclear material to? Maybe the Gov is looking for workers to deal with it.

Well, at least if they glow in the dark, they will be easier to keep track of!!! :rolleyes::)

Fuzzybuns
01-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Well, at least if they glow in the dark, they will be easier to keep track of!!! :rolleyes::)

That was perfect!! :D

While I agree that the "art therapy" is corny, you can't deny the power of being given a brand new box of crayons! ;)

lizbud
01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
That was perfect!! :D

While I agree that the "art therapy" is corny, you can't deny the power of being given a brand new box of crayons! ;)

I remember that feeling. :)

Hellow
01-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Its a start. "Art Therapy" may not exactly work, but it shows that we aint going to keep these people locked up for the rest of their lives when they can be doing actually useful things.

RICHARD
01-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I say give the morons the big 64 count crayon box.

You can tell alot from how they use the sharpener in the back.

I say move them all to the U.S. as exchange style guests, Let them learn about our culture and see how wrong they are about us. Give them money and jobs, houses and cars.

I love the benevolent nature of our country.

I am sure that some people here would LOVE to sponsor them....

Anyone?:rolleyes: