PDA

View Full Version : Murph the Smurph is doing great!!!

moosmom
01-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Murphy had her blood drawn to check her thyroid. Everything is fine. The vet actually called me the other day and said he was sorry he didn't get to see her before I left, but his staff was raving about how wonderful she looks and that she has put on weight.

She IS doing wonderful. Things are still a little testy with her and MooShoo. But she's finally learning to hold her own with him. If he goes near her, she just smacks him in the face and he gets the hint.

She has her own little sleeping spot near my bedroom radiator on a pillow next to my bed.

I've switched my cat's food too. They are on Wilderness, an all natural, no by-products or fillers. They eat less and MooShoo has actually lost weight on it (his pouch doesn't hang down so low). It's $29. for a big bag but they don't eat as much of it. Before I chose Wilderness, I did my homework and read labels. It was the cheapest most natural cat food I could find. They like it and that's just fine with me!!

momcat
01-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Donna, Apparently you were posting this update while I was posting a message asking how Murphy is doing. Timing is everything! Sorry for the mix-up here. Glad to know all is well and she's not letting MooShoo get to her. In time I hope they both can reach some sort of "understanding" and become pals. Tons of scritchies and lovies being sent for each of your sweet kitties!

moosmom
01-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Great minds think alike, Momcat.

lvpets2002
01-22-2009, 11:06 AM
:love: Well I am glad Murph is doing good & settling in.. Thats ok Murph you know how guys are when they get too close.. Stand your ground & swat if needed.. Now Donna are you talking about Blue Wilderness Cat Food.. If so yes that is some good stuff.. I think Petsmart & Tractor Supply sells this..

moosmom
01-22-2009, 11:58 AM
lvpets2002,

Yup, that's the stuff!! Their large bag lasts me over a month for 5 cats. I did the math and it's costing me $6 a month per cat. Not bad.

catmandu
01-22-2009, 03:50 PM
THATS GREAT NEWS ABOUT MURPH, AND ONE DAY WE THINK HE AND MOO SHOO WILL WORK OUT A DEAL.
POUNCER AND MR SCRAPPY FOUGHT FPR A WHILE THEN WERE BOON COMPANIONS.
AND EVEN EDDIE AND HH LADY EDWINA ROSE HAVE MADE A TRUCE.:love::love:
SOON YOU MAY SEE THEM ALL CURLED UP:love::love::)

Karen
01-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Good to hear Murphy is doing better. Doesn't Moo know he will always be #1 in your heart, so there's no need to harass the new kid? Silly Moo, play nice!