PDA

View Full Version : a cute story

zookeeper
09-19-2002, 10:36 AM
I was watching Dogs with Jobs on the Life Network last night and saw the cutest story. It was about his man who adopted this small terrier mix from a shelter. As they were going for their first walk toether the dog started getting excited and found a stray cat. She cleaned the cat up and the dogs owner took it in. They have been doing this for years now. They go for walks and rescue cats. They take them to the vet and the owner tried to adopt them out. For some reason the cats really respond to this dog it was so cute. So up to the time this story was run the dog and owner had rescued ~800 cats and were able to adopt over 700 of them out. They also have kept the unadoptable ones (blind, missing limbs etc.). They also have a "meals on wheels" for those cats they cannot rescue. They drive around till liek 3:00 in the morning with cat food and leave it at known cat hangouts.

Just thought I would tell everyone this. Thought it was a really nice story and shows what one kind man and his dog can do:)

margaret
09-23-2002, 04:52 PM
That is such an awesome story! What good hearts some humans have!!! That really made me smile. :) Thank you for sharing!

lynnestankard
09-24-2002, 04:58 AM
Great story Zookeeper - doesn't it restore your faith in human nature when you read something like this?

Lynne

toughCookie
09-24-2002, 07:30 PM
Zookeeper
that was such a nice, heartwarming story! thanks so much for sharing it!:D :D