PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #CCCI!

RICHARD
01-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Since we had a spartan holiday last week, I thought we could do a Roman Numeral Thursday this week.

Of course, the Super Bowl is the following Sunday and everyone is cold, snow drifted in or rained upon---and the SB is known by the RNs !

So, I am firing up the grill and opening up the patio so you all can get some Virtual Sun and get out from under the roof of Cabin Fever.

Let me pour you all a coffee and add some Bailey's while I wrestle with the BBQ burners..

You can leave the togas/togos outside the lost and found....I'll get the ORC on laundry detail ASAP....

Line up kiddies! Time to sun them buns!

DONE!

lvpets2002
01-21-2009, 04:34 PM
:cool: All right a Barbeques.. I go get some steaks & ribs for the barbie to grill.. I picked up three Catitude Helpers to watch over Orc on laundry detail.. :p:D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/ShowLetter5-1.jpg

RICHARD
01-21-2009, 05:28 PM
:cool: All right a Barbeques.. I go get some steaks & ribs for the barbie to grill.. I picked up three Catitude Helpers to watch over Orc on laundry detail.. :p:D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/ShowLetter5-1.jpg

LOL, and knowing how a cat keeps his 'coat' clean? I am at ease!

DONE!:D

Karen
01-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Hmm, no coffee for me (Swedish genes notwithstanding), but a good hot cup of chai, and I'll pretend I'm somewhere warmer!

I know, can you grill up some asparagus? :) Even though it is now available year round, I still think of it as Spring!

I saw "SB is known by the RNs !" and wondered why the Super Bowl is known by the nurses, other than they'd be treating the injured - it took a second read to realize you meant Roman Numerals!"

RICHARD
01-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Hmm, no coffee for me (Swedish genes notwithstanding), but a good hot cup of chai, and I'll pretend I'm somewhere warmer!

I know, can you grill up some asparagus? :) Even though it is now available year round, I still think of it as Spring!

I saw "SB is known by the RNs !" and wondered why the Super Bowl is known by the nurses, other than they'd be treating the injured - it took a second read to realize you meant Roman Numerals!"

LOL,
I wondered about how many people would be confused at the RN reference, I left it in as a context test!;)

Grilled asparagus with some lemon pepper butter and a cup of CHai!

DONE!

DJFyrewolf36
01-22-2009, 12:15 AM
No fair confusing the night shifters *blink blink*

I need coffee...

I brought Pocky with me today, if you haven't heard of it search for it on Google... it is really tasty!

Lilith Cherry
01-22-2009, 02:19 AM
MMmm which kind of Pocky? I like the dark chocolate ones best but they are all good.

I've just been baking blueberry muffins .... anyone like one to go with the coffee? They are still warm.

davidpizzica
01-22-2009, 04:10 AM
MMmm which kind of Pocky? I like the dark chocolate ones best but they are all good.

I've just been baking blueberry muffins .... anyone like one to go with the coffee? They are still warm.

Ummm, those blueberry muffins smell delicious! I'll have a couple of them and Bailey spiked coffee. Go PGH in the SB!

jennielynn1970
01-22-2009, 04:10 AM
Well, I'm up early and getting ready to go to work. I will get there. I keep telling myself that. I was up at 3:15 (not able to sleep), and decided to heck with it and jumped in the shower! (work starts at 8:10am).

I had some apple pancakes, but I could definitely go for some hot cocoa with a shot of espresso in it to keep me awake today! Mmmmmm .... yummy!

Medusa
01-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Coffee w/Bailey's is my usual and I'd love one of those warm blueberry muffins, please. I haven't had one in ages. My bathroom remodel started this week so I need nerves of steel to put up w/all the noise and mess, so I may need an extra shot of Bailey's. ;)

Killearn Kitties
01-22-2009, 08:31 AM
My bathroom remodel started this week so I need nerves of steel to put up w/all the noise and mess, so I may need an extra shot of Bailey's. ;)
Oh you poor thing! Sit down and I'll get the drinks after you fetching my soup last week. :D How are the kitties holding up?

Are we going to see your Cher impression some day, Richard?

Medusa
01-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Oh you poor thing! Sit down and I'll get the drinks after you fetching my soup last week. :D How are the kitties holding up?

Are we going to see your Cher impression some day, Richard?

I swear, nothing stresses the Fur Posse except getting groomed. They have to inspect everything for a few minutes and once all passes inspection, then they go back to being just general pains in the patootie downstairs w/me. LOL Not getting much work done but pharmaceuticals are a wonderful thing. LOL

KYS
01-22-2009, 09:31 AM
BBQ!!!!!
I could never pass up BBQ!!!
I'll bring the Chips and Salsa.
Virtual sun shure would be nice.

smokey the elder
01-22-2009, 09:54 AM
When I worked in Milwaukee, we grilled during all kinds of weather. We even had burgers and brats during a snowstorm between Christmas and New Year's one year when there were only a few people at work. Good old steel 55 gallon drum cut in half makes a great grill.

Medusa
01-22-2009, 09:58 AM
I have a friend who grills year round, no matter the weather. I'm a sissy and can't stand the cold but if I could, I'd grill year round, too.

RICHARD
01-22-2009, 01:57 PM
No fair confusing the night shifters *blink blink*

I need coffee...

I brought Pocky with me today, if you haven't heard of it search for it on Google... it is really tasty!

Coffee and Pocky, good combo!

Pocky are pretzels dipped in choco!

DONE~!

LC,

Muffins and my coffee? Everyone wins!

DONE!

David,

Who else would YOU cheer for?:D

Coffee, Bailey's and a muffin!

DONE!

Jenn,
LOL, I was up at 3.00 and having hot chocolate!:eek:

Espresso and cocoa? Here's to insomnia!

DONE!

Medusa,

Coffee and two shots?

Oh, an a quiet and painless remodel!:eek:

DONE!

KK,

I was laughing because a tabloid news show did a piece on Cher-they followed her into a Sephora shop where she bought around 1k of makeup. One thousand dollars of makeup would never make me a GOOD looking Cher, But I could pull it off, if you squint and the light is dark enough!

I'd do it again in a heartbeat! It was fun.

DONE!

KYS,

Virtual sun? DONE!

Shorts and flip flops, too!:cool:

STE.

The 55 gallon drum!;)

I'll have to take some pics of the one in the backyard!
The joke about a Mexican tool box is this....

Hammer, pliers and a roll of wire.

Mexican BBQs?

Any steel drum you can find! There are three places on the road up from the house (old Route 66) where there are auto shops and they do welding on the side. You can take a drum in there and with a few napkin drawings and hardware you can have the neatest BBQ on the block!

Let's see......I can do a mean Tri-tip?

Sound good? Cole slaw, corn and CHILI BEANS!!!!

DONE!

cassiesmom
01-22-2009, 07:22 PM
It's sunny and 28F in Chicago today so I was able to get some real sun in addition to some virtual sun. It was a nice day.

I wondered why the Super Bowl would be known by nurses, too :)

Could I please have decaf coffee? I was at the dentist this afternoon and my face is just waking up from the anesthesia.

RICHARD
01-22-2009, 07:43 PM
It's sunny and 28F in Chicago today so I was able to get some real sun in addition to some virtual sun. It was a nice day.

I wondered why the Super Bowl would be known by nurses, too :)

Could I please have decaf coffee? I was at the dentist this afternoon and my face is just waking up from the anesthesia.

Decaf and a wakeup call?

DONE!

DJFyrewolf36
01-23-2009, 04:22 AM
Good morning everyone, its morning on the east coast anyhow lol. Hi from the middle of the night shift...where after hours of cursing at my computer I have reloaded the operating system. It thankfully is working much better now, although I need a new monitor :p

On top of it all Nick has acid reflux and is really really feeling bad :( Please keep my little guy in your thoughts.

Ill make a shameless plug for the Cardinals...:D

Look up the history of the Cardinals for some interesting trivia ;) They are the ultimate underdogs!

davidpizzica
01-23-2009, 04:59 AM
DJF, prayers go out to Nick that he gets better. I'll put the coffee on and whatever's left over from last night. While the coffee's brewing, it's time to wave the Terrible Towel!

Medusa
01-23-2009, 05:06 AM
DJF, prayers go out to Nick that he gets better. I'll put the coffee on and whatever's left over from last night. While the coffee's brewing, it's time to wave the Terrible Towel!

My son showed me a pic of him holding the Terrible Towel and I said "What the...?" and then he explained it to me. I admit to not knowing anything about football but being a Pittsburgh girl even though I've lived in OH most of my life, I still say "Go Steelers!" :cool:

RICHARD
01-24-2009, 01:33 PM
My son showed me a pic of him holding the Terrible Towel and I said "What the...?" and then he explained it to me. I admit to not knowing anything about football but being a Pittsburgh girl even though I've lived in OH most of my life, I still say "Go Steelers!" :cool:

we sill have to decorate the bar next week!:D

davidpizzica
01-24-2009, 03:46 PM
we sill have to decorate the bar next week!:D

RICHARD, I can supply a lot of Pittsburgh tortilla chips! They come in bags and even those chips are Black & Gold! Pittsburgh is a total Black & Gold city.

RICHARD
01-25-2009, 02:35 PM
RICHARD, I can supply a lot of Pittsburgh tortilla chips! They come in bags and even those chips are Black & Gold! Pittsburgh is a total Black & Gold city.

DOne!

I need something soft....like a tea with milk!

Coffee anyone!

cassiesmom
01-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Coffee anyone!

Yes, please ... decaf if it's available ... would you believe my face still hurts from the dentist on Thursday? And I have a stomach ache from taking ibuprofen. Grrrr. (throws away empty ibuprofen bottle and cracks open acetaminophen)